Star/Ares AW338/DSR-1/CheyTac

aswaffield

Maybe its possbile to convert the rifle from Gas to spring, make it much more useful during the winter months.

But overall it is a very beautiful gun, i wouldnt mind one, but the cost makes me go errrgh.

well if you go here

http://www.wgcshop.com/

and type in L96 in the search box you`ll find a spring one for 2000 dollars and it doesnt have folding stock gun is made by Asahi

and more pics here

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
right took the gun out my mums back garden in the pissing rain lenght of garden is 117 feet long so  i was shooting at 110 feet had to hide under the patio umber do-dal to keep dry

using .30 and using ultrair power gas (summer gas) i acheived this with the new scope

I'm not as experienced with sniper rifle accuracy like Chef and Bushman are but that doesn't look too bad for 33m if you were making adjustments till you got that bullseye, that target is about hand spread size isn't it? And how many of the shots were you say were fliers? As in they would suddenly kick off in a random direction rather than the general point of aim.

A foot grouping at 30m with 0.3gs?!?!?!?!

That's bloody horrid. I get better groupings with my M9.

hey m8 when does 10cm`s equal a foot get your maths rights before posting try more like 4inch grouping and im happy with that as my targets will be alot bigger than 4 inchs when im skirmishing

thats good mate - my tanaka is like a 12" spread at 30m with 0.3's.

Try 0.43's and green and it'll tighten up even more

A foot grouping at 30m with 0.3gs?!?!?!?!

That's bloody horrid. I get better groupings with my M9.

hey m8 when does 10cm`s equal a foot  get your maths rights before posting try more like 4inch grouping and im happy with that as my targets will be alot bigger than 4 inchs when im skirmishing

Comprehension=FAIL.

Comprehension=FAIL.

after i wrote that we piece stealthbomber i was reading ack on the comments and i became aware i was barking up the wrong tree with that guys reply and he infact was refering to someone else so sorry to the person i slapped there , the only reason i couldnt correct my pc wasa crashing every thirty seconds on start up so left it

How can you say that about the maruzen , ok the aics looks a little nicer but performance is where is counts  my L96 is not audiable at 5 metres and has many confirmed kills to  75-even 85 metres    first time shots to , id like to see any aics do that first time every time  , (and i can say that after pouring £100 in to my aics )

Gas for me just does not cut it  unless Star have something very very good in there .338 

Accuraccy is the key not looks    or am i barking up the wrong sniper tree here

I can say that because not everyone wants the same thing from a gun. Some just can't justify incredible accuracy if the gun feels cheap and nasty.

The AICS doesn't just look a little nicer, it feels LOADS nicer.

Yes, the accuracy is below awful without a lot of time, effort and money. But some people will put in all of that to have an exceptional weapon. Not just an accurate ok-ish one.

Besides, if accuracy was the key and not looks, get a GPSEC and screw the Maurzen all together :P

ive a small right angle allen key that just fits and no more but other than that you would need to remove scope in order to adjust hop if you didnt have one to fit under the scope

So, wait a minute...

You're saying that the hop-up adjuster lives under one of the scope rings?

That is a bit poor, innit?

Ideally, a sniper rifle should have an easily accesible hop-up so you can twiddle it for different ranges in-game.

Still, I suppose a nicely made screw with a knurled head could be fitted in there to make adjusting it VERY easy, even if it reduced the realism slightly.

That is a bit poor, innit?

Ideally, a sniper rifle should have an easily accesible hop-up so you can twiddle it for different ranges in-game.

Still, I suppose a nicely made screw with a knurled head could be fitted in there to make adjusting it VERY easy, even if it reduced the realism slightly.

Personally I couldn't disagree more. The one thing I want in a sniper is consistency. That way you know that every shot will behave the same way. What I don't want is an exposed external adjustment that can change by itself while I'm crawling through bushes etc. Most sniper hop-ups are adjusted by "hidden" screws, the VSR10 and the Tanaka M700 based (and clones) rifles are the only ones I know of that have external adjustment.

Once the hop-up is set, I stick with that setting, and that brand and weight of BB's. I know a lot of other snipers think this way, and I think that IDEALLY the hop-up should be adjustable, but with the possibility of "locking" it after it is set, so that it won't change during use.

ive found while using the aw338 i prefer to have it locked in one position so i have used thread lock on the grub screw. it is very loose the way it sits and with the bb being forced throught the hop up the grub screw tends to move slightly after each shot . im sticking with .3`s as range is good and accuracy

For myself I'd agree with Kristoffer and Swaff, I generally set and forget. Once I've worked out a suitable ammo for a given gun and dialled the hop for nice level trajectory with that combination I'll just leave them to get on with it and compensate for range with elevation.

As in all things YMMV

Archived