Star/Ares AW338/DSR-1/CheyTac

aswaffield

Is there a replacement trigger sear (If thats what its called?) for the aw338? Mine looks pretty worn down.

Also, my nozzle seems to chew at blaster .3's when it loads then, large noticeable chunks when they are loaded? If this normal? or duff BB's or odd nozzle?

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is for restricting fps. you can take that screw out to no ill effect.

i used 1mm washers to space the hammer spring. i am away from my rifle unil next week sometime. will try my best to remember to take pics. Some rifles have weaker springs in the hammer which will need replacing will measure the spring and see if i can see and online source for possible replacments.

Well I did the finger test with the hammer and it hurts like hell, so I don't think that my spring has worn off. I will upgrade to a 590mm 6.03mm barrel soon but I want to know if it is possible to make it shoot 500+ fps with .30gr in stock magazines.

few questions

1. Is there a big difference in consistency between the well clone and the ares? with either one id probably use an ares magazine with some mods for a better bolt seal, and externally regulated CO2.

2. what kind of consistency are people seeing with externally tapped magazines?

3. are all the parts between the two interchangeable, specifically the barrel hopup and bolt.

4. also if anyone has a pair of calipers and are willing to give me a few dimensions of some parts id appreciate it.

thanks

Evan

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this here but i might find some help and i really need it.

I want to buy a DSR-1 (new version). I found one in UK that can be sold without scope and mount (wich i really want) but here comes the real problem: they only sell it to UK. And even if i have a very good friend that can receive it for me and shipp it back here, the shop sell this only to UKARA members, and to their respective address of course. Although i am sure the UK laws are not applied to other countries, the shop simply does not sell outside UK, so i could really use some help with this. The whole thing shipped to UK is around 590 pounds and i already have a shipping quote from post office: 49 pounds. What i really don't have is someone to do this for me :(

Thank you for any idea.

Any member here selling their DSR? :)

P.S. I do own the full upgraded PDI marui L96 AWS wich i might let it go if i found a DSR

Upgrade list on request.

z-tml96.jpg

is this barrel good for dsr?

prometheus eg barrel 6,03 for psg1

It would be okay - but i think the general consensus here would be that something like PDI's 6.05 would be better. Unfortunately, there isn't enough data to make a broad sweeping statement, so try a prommy, but be prepared to take it back out if its no good. Don't fool yourself.

Also, a guy at Landwarrior Airsoft is selling his DSR - You could contact him? He might not be willing to ship outside the EU personally, but I know the shop do...

Thank you. My DSR is already on the way, somebody from here bought it and shipp it for me. Also, i have used only PDI 6.01 on my guns, till now. I wanted to try a prometheus for first time, and if i will not be satisfied, i will buy a PDI later, but at this moment my money goes in a regulated-stabilized CO2 system for DSR.

Thank you. My DSR is already on the way, somebody from here bought it and shipp it for me. Also, i have used only PDI 6.01 on my guns, till now. I wanted to try a prometheus for first time, and if i will not be satisfied, i will buy a PDI later, but at this moment my money goes in a regulated-stabilized CO2 system for DSR.

I think if i got another ARES .338/DSR/Cheytac i'd be looking at an HPA rig :D Its something i might do as a winter months project.

my hope is to get near enough to a hpa system but without the huge air tank. we will see when i am done. 

Air tank doesn't need to be huge :) I had a CO2 system, using 12g bulbs. T'wasn't bad - but i'd much rather thave had an HPA rig, to actually make it worth its weight on the field. Its definitely not a stalkers gun, its the sort of thing you just take out to get people going '' Ohh, ahh! '' rather than to hit them from concealed positions and such and such. Quite pointless, but lots of fun nonetheless. Mines shot something silly like 700fps too, so I only used it in private games. I'd turn it down to about 400fps in regular games, just in case I got a power spike and ended up hurting someone.

Archived