Star/Ares AW338/DSR-1/CheyTac

aswaffield

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second problem with HPA is that i need to fill the tanks, and i don't have a realistic way to do so...

If you have a diving shop in your area with SCUBA, all you need is an adapter like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scuba-Fill-Station-Paintball-HPA-tank-fill-Adapter-Blk-/170482073263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27b185feaf

I honestly would urge you to go HPA - it takes another variable away from the argument of gas vs spring. Ultimately you'll both be working from the same thing :) You get it from a bottle, the spring gets it from the atmosphere. It would just be a little more stable, imo. I'm no scientist though, so I'd happily stand corrected if I am overlooking any fundamental issues.

Its maybe something you'd find more about on airgun forums, or something? Just make sure you get a good regulator, that is paramount. Also, you might want to consider just how effective this weapon will be, it is quite cumbersome as it is. I hope it fits your style of play, otherwise you'll be disappointed, like I was :(

i have played a lot with my AWS that was in the end around 6.5kg and definitelly longer than DSR. It is about the style, right, but this style suits me. The regulator + stabilizer i will choose Palmers for now. But i have to check those air tanks that might be good for what i need, some of them are regulated already, i just need to add a stabilizer to try my idea...

i have played a lot with my AWS that was in the end around 6.5kg and definitelly longer than DSR. It is about the style, right, but this style suits me. The regulator + stabilizer  i will choose Palmers for now. But i have to check those air tanks that might be good for what i need, some of them are regulated already, i just need to add a stabilizer to try my idea... 

Jolly good :) As long as you're happy, that is all that should ever matter in a hobby.

Hi. My DSR1 came and i am a bit confused because the barrel is stainless steel and in all pictures the barrel is brass... Judging from other people posts, this is the new version of DSR1. But also some people with this version posted images and the barrel of theirs was brass.

Hi. My DSR1 came and i am a bit confused because the barrel is stainless steel and in all pictures the barrel is brass... Judging from other people posts, this is the new version of DSR1. But also some people with this version posted images and the barrel of theirs was brass.

Are you sure, the person who bought it for you, didn't just sell you his old rifle (with tightbore) for full price???

Did you get a reciept from the actual shop, with it?

Good Hunting :)

Lol, good question but... The shop owner contacted me before he shipped the rifle to tell me all is packed and ready to go. Next in line: i have enough experience not to be able to recognize a new rifle from an used one :) And last: the box came with the shop seals on it, the guy who bought it never opened the box. So, long story short: NO.

later edit: people who ever opened a DSR know that the inner barrer has a small ridge on it, where a o-ring is placed, at the front of the barrel i mean. There is no aftermarket barrel with that ridge...

Hey guys,

I'm new to these boards, more on UKAZ but there is so much info here it's unreal :)....

Anyhow, I recently acquired a lovely Star AW-338 a couple of weeks ago; now being second hand the previous owner ha already installed a madbull 6.04 (i think) inner and new hop rubber which was handy for myself :)... Yesterday I finely managed to get to my local site to test and zero her, no playing unfortunately.... But upon testing I was very very surprised by it's performance, I believe it's firing around the 430-440 mark but it was reaching out to 70m with pretty good accuracy and I could hit out to approx 85m but I still need to wear in the new hop as it's pretty new but overall a very good platform, even in te cold weather here in the UK, I'll try get some pics up of her tonight

Sleepy

Ah fair enough, I'll just have to see how it goes.... It's pretty damn accurate at 70m... Shots will range out to 90-100m but accuracy drops so hopefully that will get better the more the hop is worn in :)....

Been away from sniping for a good year and a bit now and I have missed it... Wish I'd have picked a 338 up sooner, very happy with it

Archived