russian flora effectivity in british summer woods

my_plague_666

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
depends on which one you get, the green one, the tan one, the darker green one etc etc

Flora is Flora, there's one version, no tan or darker green ones.

It's not to bad but probably works better in autumn. It also gets quite hot after running around for a bit.

http://shed-o-love.com/opma2/100_1944_resize.JPG

http://shed-o-love.com/opma2/100_2032_resize.JPG

Flora is Flora, there's one version, no tan or darker green ones.

2/100_2032_resize.JPG[/url]

which explains why there are 5 listed variants of flora on kamoflage.net

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00156...ndex.php?Page=1

More widely known as «Flora», the 3-TsV camouflage pattern is seen in a range of colour combinations. It is frequently suggested that these variations represent nothing more than carelessness and a general lack of standardisation in Russian industry; however, the evidence of the article numbers suggests otherwise.

Unlike Western camouflage patterns, Soviet designs were never given an 'official' name. Instead, they were assigned an артикул ('article'; transliterated artikul) — a unique number, which was used to identify a particular product. In other words, every new product was assigned its own unique article.

Not surprisingly, this system has been continued by the Russian Federation. Significantly, the different versions of «Flora» have different articles. In other words, each is a new product, distinct from any of the others that resemble it.

At this time, I have been unable to establish the article for the variation of «Flora» shown here. It is, however, distinguished from other versions of «Flora» by its green background colour.

hmm, might have to try some flora. i would have thought it would be more suited to summer as it's a denser, greener, leafier camo, and flecktarn for autumn/winter as its a fairly muddy looking camo.

and yeah, i knew about the russian 'flecktar' version of the bundeswehr flecktarn, but what with the easy availibility of the german stuff it's not worth hunting down the russian when i could just remove the german flags IMO.

anyone got some pics of KLMK in use? up close it looks poor, but i saw a pic from a fair way away and it looked completely different.

I understood that as being manufacturing differences and due to fading, but you could be right.

Still, none are really tan are they.

r87cbku9.jpg

thats taken from trident military,

flora1xt6.jpg

thats naval infantry using a similar pattern of flora, theres so much variation in the Russian military and their equipment, its most likely just made in a different factory to the other types.

Flactar-d is also a good pattern, its available from red soldier, its sort of similar to M84

http://www.redsoldier.com/12016-BEKAS-FLEC...c=2&category=34

Partizan is also an excellent alternative (I'm sure Hoppum and everyone else in Britain with a SPOSN GORKA-E will be able to vouch for this, as this is ownership of this oversuit that I I base my recommendation on). Due to the natural number of browns in its pattern, Kamysh also works rather well if you can find a hard wearing variant of it (I found my ANA NOCH-91 bdus to fail in that regard).

no matter how cool they look ive always been doubtful as to the effectivity of tiger patterns.

and the partizan looks good, but even that looks more suited to autumn.

right, what would you guys say is the best all rounder for british summertime? doesnt HAVE to be a russian camo, but would be cool if it was due to my love of AKs :)

Flectar-d would be a good bet, so would either les or smog, but smog is way to close to DPM, so most people will think you are just using an AK with brit DPM.

Rastr or Reed camo would look good though and would be effective with the greens and brown etc.

have a look on www.soviet-propaganda.com the sites got a bit of stuff on it but the guy who runs it does a lot of business via the red alliance forums.

M84 is a really nice camo pattern. but wouldnt go with an AK. how about US woodland, add a choc chip helmet cover and a vest for AK mags, and youve sort of got a iraqi army loadout,

am i right in thinking that partizan BDUs are reversible for a greener summer version and a darker version?

if so any cahnce someone could point me in the direction of some decent partizan BDUs. ive had no trouble finding flora, but partizan is a different story.

but the Gorka E looks better, especially with smersh webbing.

a bit of a random question, but my 6sh92 arrived today, and the mag pouhes are bigger than my 74 mags, is this the mags not being to scale, or have i got a RPK gunners vest.

also how do you set up the pouches and pack properly?

Mags should sit at this height:

DSC01932.jpg

Airsoft ones will obviously sit a little lower.

The top of the daypack is attached over the shoulders like so:

DSC01933.jpg

And the bottom ones are attached to the two centre rear straps, take out the webbing belt, put the straps through the metal loops and put the belt back on:

DSC01935.jpg

The vog/mag pouches are just put on the webbing belt where you want them.

Archived