russian flora effectivity in british summer woods

my_plague_666

No nastiness meant at all but I'm a hunter and angler as well as a 'softer ...

Camo's that contain brown in my experience tend to really stick out in British countryside ...

I'm not a fan of DPM or Flecktarn for this reason ... I've been to a lot of the US too and let's be honest their military camo doesn't work over here (anywhere?) ... if it was any good in the US their hunters would use it too :) See realtree.com for outstanding US camo (and stuff I use for my sniper loadout).

Cheers,

D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive always found flecktarn much more effective than my friend's DPM, which as delfi pointed out is probably becasue fleck is a pretty muddy looking camo (well, my set of flecktarn is at least)

i had seen realtree ages ago, but thought as it has a very specific pattern printed on it it wont be as all round effective as military style disruptive patterns.

anyhoo, im considering a set of bekas BDUs in birch, theyre cheaper than partizan (even a full sun bunnies KLMK suit is cheaper) and i can avoid hassle by getting them in the UK.

I used a partizan suit when i went to free fire zone a couple of weeks ago and my team mate who was stood about a metre away said i was quite hard to see. also i like the bagginess of the cut, i think you could easily fit 2 people into the trousers of the suit.

You are so right!!!! :D:D:D

The trousers supplied with my BDU were so baggy I'd have looked at home as a clown in a traditional circus.

I can only assume that tall Russians eat far too much lard.

Oh and MP ... realtree comes in many different varieties ... check out the site, the patterns and some of the photo's ... the stuff is amazing.

D

I've never had any problem with trouser cuts, although I am 5'10 / 5'11 with a 32" waist. Usually bdus if chosen correctly fit me perfectly. :)

Not sure that I agree with brown being ineffective in British woodland - It's one of the major components of DPM and Flecktarn after all. Partizan is a potent pattern in British woodland, as Jamez commented.

I forgot to state one of the glaringly obvious Russian Patterns for Western woodland, by the way: Smog. The Russians used DPM so much that many of their manufacturers adopted the pattern. DPM was especially popular in the mid nineties.

However I'm sure you wouldn't want to look like you were in DPM. You might actually not stand out from all the other airsofters! :P

You are so right!!!!  :D  :D  :D

The trousers supplied with my BDU were so baggy I'd have looked at home as a clown in a traditional circus.

I can only assume that tall Russians eat far too much lard.

Partizan and Gorka suits are designed so that they can be worn over other clothing should the owner want to, hence the baggy-ness.

But, as Marlowe said, if your Bekas are to big for you, you bought the wrong size.

slightly off topic,

does anyone know where to get some smersh webbing and what sort of price is it going for, or can anyone recommend a good russian vest as i want to replace my tarzan m32 and splav webbing.

on topic

i would never get reed, or smog but am thinking (for the hell of it) to get bekas shadow and go for an OMOH loadout

• 1 month later...

KLMK = Kamuflirovannyi Letnyi Maskirovochnyi Kombinezon (Camouflage Summer Deceptive Coverall).

I wish I could claim to know that off by heart, but it's a wikipedia article which takes the credit:

KLMK Article on WIKI

It's also known by the nickname of solnechnyye zaychiki (sun bunnies), if anyone really cares.

The reason for russian cam with armalitres is very very simple.

it was stag do, the guys i 'm with were all hiring guns after i'd loaned out my two aks...

However Although i only have two aks i do have *NINE* sets of russian combats and five russian web vests.

Rather than playing in DPM NBC suits i leant my mates camo.

There you go, seven of us there, six of which had never played before.

Mig insisted on wearing his own olives then switched ot a loaned nbc suit, Gareth & simon bowwored some of my spare DPM, I wore my old issue kit with a laeshy suit over the top for some games.

DSC00170.jpg

Archived