ICS L85 to be released this fall (Exclusive Images

FarEast

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, ICS reading this topic.

Cool, can I have a job?

I mentioned earlier in this thread that the G+G L85 strips down quite like the real one but not exactly.

To strip down exactly like the real one it would need to go this way:

image018.jpg

push both pins through the body. 1 will go all the way through from right to left then stay in the left hand side of the lower receiver (also called the TMH) then 2 will also go through from right to left.

pin number 2 also holds the rear of the recoil spring in place.

The TMH then hinges off around the safety.

image017.jpg

part 1 in this picture

I have circled an area in this picture marked "2" this picture has been badly cropped but there is a hole for pin 2 from the first picture to go through here.

Here is a shot of the upper receiver showing the semi-circular recess that the safety fits into to make the hinge (1)

The hole that pin number 1 from the first picture goes through to hold the weapon together (2) and (3) the location of pin number 2 from the first picture:

image016.jpg

These are really bad web-sourced pictures, I don't have access to an L85 since I got out of the army and all my Squadron mates are on summer leave so I can't get in there to take better pictures.

I will try however and if anyone has a good set of "how-to" pictures to remove the TMH I would appreciate it.

Also can someone do a picture of the bolt release button on the left hand side of the TMH, it is pushed down to release the bolt catch and has been totally useless on the Star and G+G L85s but is a prime location for a spring release button.

Finally if someone could do a picture of the bottom of the support assembly on the LSW I would appreciate it.

The Star LSW doesn't have the catch to hold the bipod legs in place and the holes are the wrong shape.

Also on the real LSW when the bipod is out you can lean your whole weight on the legs and they stay strong on the Star version it just folds.

If ICS are going to do an LSW they need to get that right because the Star one is utter rubbish.

Guys....forget about asking about the LSW (L96) for now and let them concentrate on the L85A2 first.

They really need some detailed images of the front sight on and removed, also they want to know about how about the letering on the gas block and the groves. they also want clear images of the dove tail mount.

Wow ICS - I bow to your presence on this thread! (P.S thank you for my amazing M4 - I have converted at least 6 people to buy ICS products, and I would be more than happy to test out the L85 when released and write some amazing reviews for you ;-) Enough hero worship... lol

No one has commented on this so far, but please, please try and get the bolt to go all the way back and lock like the RS - it would make the rifle so much more satisfying to use and add more realism! What do you guys think?

i know its not necessary on an airsoft gun, but on an SA80, i would like the rear sight to be like the RS, with a wheel to adjust for distance. also, if they go for realistic operation, the holding open catch, does not release the bolt forward, thats the bolt release catch that does that.

Guys....forget about asking about the LSW (L96) for now and let them concentrate on the L85A2 first.

They really need some detailed images of the front sight on and removed, also they want to know about how about the letering on the gas block and the groves. they also want clear images of the dove tail mount.

One of my pictures, has a close up of the letters and grooves on the gas block. If they want to know what they mean. You will notice that there is little nub poking out of the gas plug that fits into one of the grooves next to the letters.

The letters relate to the regulation of gas through the gas plug. 'N' means normal flow. 'E' means excessive, and allows extra gas to move through the plug. This is used when carbon build up on the plug is restricting the gas flow. 'O' means off, and blocks the flow of gas through the plug.

The nub itself is spring loaded, so to adjust the flow just push in the nub and rotate the plug to the desired spot, and release the nub.

Right, well since ICS are actually paying attention to the customer base, I feel it is my duty to help them out...I shall be going to the armoury on friday or in a fortnights time solely to take pictures so if you would like to generate a single list of all the technical things you require photographs of I'd be happy to help.

Furthermore, may I just add a few technical things that I'd like to see on the new rifle. I understand that the gearbox is top secret, but this is purely a wish list of mine.

1) A gearbox that requires making ready before firing and fires from the airsoft equivalent of a closed bolt, i.e. compressing the spring after each shot is released.

2) A gearbox that has the capability to blow the bolt back (without knackering the gun on Auto) and locks the bolt to the rear when the mag is empty. A big ask of an AEG I know.

3) The bolt release operates realistically, i.e. you push down on the green handle on the right side of the reciever to lock the bolt rearwards and down on the square button on the left side to release it.

4) Clearly I'd also want the reciever and furniture to be as realistic as possible although the new handguard thing doesn't bother me. That's what the frontline (i.e. not RAF) troops are getting now so it makes sense to have it.

That's all folks.

FLY NAVY

i know its not necessary on an airsoft gun, but on an SA80, i would like the rear sight to be like the RS, with a wheel to adjust for distance.

Time for my pedantic self. The rear iron sight does not have a wheel to adjust for distance. It flips between a day (200m) and a night aperture, and can be adjusted for zeroing left and right. The front sight blade moves up and down for vertical zero.

The letters relate to the regulation of gas through the gas plug.  'N' means normal flow.  'E' means excessive, and allows extra gas to move through the plug.  This is used when carbon build up on the plug is restricting the gas flow.  'O' means off, and blocks the flow of gas through the plug.

Pedantic self returns, the 'E' for excessive option doesn't actually allow any extra gas. It's simply a secondary hole in the gas plug for gas to go through, that's actually the same diameter as the 'N'. The 'O' setting is (was) used to fire bullet-trap rifle grenades.

Dukeyboy: You seem to want a Systema PTW style L85A2... Unfortunately I think putting that much attention into any rifle is going to put it out of the price range of the majority of skirmishers, even dedicated L85 fans. Having the rifle require a make ready, blowback, and lock back when empty is something that is almost certainly not going to happen, sorry :blink:

Time for my pedantic self. The rear iron sight does not have a wheel to adjust for distance. It flips between a day (200m) and a night aperture, and can be adjusted for zeroing left and right. The front sight blade moves up and down for vertical zero.

Pedantic self returns, the 'E' for excessive option doesn't actually allow any extra gas. It's simply a secondary hole in the gas plug for gas to go through, that's actually the same diameter as the 'N'. The 'O' setting is (was) used to fire bullet-trap rifle grenades.

Dukeyboy: You seem to want a Systema PTW style L85A2... Unfortunately I think putting that much attention into any rifle is going to put it out of the price range of the majority of skirmishers, even dedicated L85 fans. Having the rifle require a make ready, blowback, and lock back when empty is something that is almost certainly not going to happen, sorry :blink:

He's probably talking about the SUSAT, which has an adjustment wheel that adjusts your point of aim when firing at targets at distances over 300m, up to 800m.

As for your gas plug corrections I'm well aware of the reality of what the settings are for. that's how it was taught to me at basic, and the lesson was drummed in so well that I just repeated it here. I figured it out for myself once I got my hands on the rifle itself.

The L98A1 has the rear leaf sight built into the carry handle that adjusts between 100 and 500m, with a set battle sight at 200m (?) The Sa80 has two set sights - day and night/ close and far whatever you want to call them. Most likely to be 300 and 600m or something like that, but again, it matters not.

Some L98A1s are fitted with SA80 rear sights. They just happened to have them kicking about. The SA80 doesn't, however have the cadet rear leaf sight. The leaf sight can be swapped out for the normal SA80 one.

i always assumed they used the same handle, it doesn't make sense to have the adjustable sight on the cadet weapon which is straight pull single shot, and a non adjustable one for the issue weapon.

*realizes that for the last few posts has made himself look like a stupid cadet who thinks they know everything, so backs away because LJ actually does*

i always assumed they used the same handle, it doesn't make sense to have the adjustable sight on the cadet weapon which is straight pull single shot, and a non adjustable one for the issue weapon.

*realizes that for the last few posts has made himself look like a stupid cadet who thinks they know everything, so backs away because LJ actually does*

"it doesn't make sense" sums up the L85. Ambidextrous rear sling loop, with no ambidextrous front loop, on a right-hand only rifle. Rifle too heavy at one end, instead of working to reduce weight, they add deadweight to counter it (though this does help accuracy). Cocking handle on one side of the rifle operated by the hand on the other side. Fire selector where nobody can reach it. More parts and a larger cleaning kit than any other army's personal weapon. As platoon commander always says, "If they didn't make it like that, you wouldn't get to ask stupid questions, would you?"

The iron sight doesn't need adjustment because the bullet doesn't drop significantly in its 600 meter effective range

the sight is set so that at 100m the bullet will be 100mm above the point of aim and at 200mm it will be on it. At 300m the bullet will be 100mm below your point of aim and at that point the rifle will still be more accurate than most people firing it.

The cadet rifle is a .22 and does have significant bullet drop and therefore needs adjustable sights.

The controls are set the way they are so that you can operate them all with your left hand and keep your right hand on the grip.

We don't need the fire selector to be easily accessible because our doctrine doesn't call for emptying a mag in the vague direction of incoming fire.

The cadet rifle is a .22 and does have significant bullet drop and therefore needs adjustable sights.

Sorry to be pedantic AGAIN, but the cadet rifle (L98A1) is still chambered for 5.56mm. Theres a N0.8 cadet rifle conversion of the lee enfield in .22 and theres a .22 conversion kit for the SA80, but the L98A1 is still 5.56mm.

Archived