Classic Army - SCAR-H Pics

orca

If tan does work in every environment than go take a picture in a lush woodland area with it.

You missed the part where he said "every environment in which US forces are operating in". US forces are currently operating in Afghanistan and Iraq. Two countries in which operators would be better off using Tan SCARs than Black SCARs. There really isn't any significant numbers of US troops operating in "lush woodland areas" currently. Hence, the Tan SCAR is more practical. However to be fair, if you yourself find that you're mostly playing in "lush woodland" areas, then you should probably get whatever is appropriate for you, regardless of historical and technical accuracy.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACTUALY it's called Dark Earth, and it's better than black. I can't tell you how many times I've been told "I wouldn't have known you where there except I saw your black riffle and figured you had to be there." Black draws the eye. I HATE non-black riffles, but I broke down and did an OD paint job on my M16.

Even in lush green environments Dark Earth will blend better than black because it's still a naturaly occuring and prevalent color. Hell, I look out my window right now and see new growth on the trees that ar about the same color.

H seriously FTW. I've held the CA SCAR L and the quality is badass.

Shame the SCAR h doesn't come with cool flashider the STAR one does.. I think I'll stick out for the STAR one, with its purpose built EGLM ( There's bound to be compatibility issues 'twixt STAR and CA)

sorry for the hasty conclusion, but I would still like to see a dark earth scar in a woodland environment.

The flat earth SCAR works better in all enviroments. Period. Doesn't matter if you have multicam EVERYTHING and your face paint is flawless, if you have a black gun you are gonna stick out like a soar thumb. DE is the new black.

DSCF0004.jpg

Proof is right there. And the funny thing is that is the CA SCAR. The finish and colour is pathetic in comparison to what VFC has done. VFC SCAR FTW.

You missed the part where he said "every environment in which US forces are operating in". US forces are currently operating in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Two countries in which operators would be better off using Tan SCARs than Black SCARs.  There really isn't any significant numbers of US troops operating in "lush woodland areas" currently.  Hence, the Tan SCAR is more practical. However to be fair, if you yourself find that you're mostly playing in "lush woodland" areas, then you should probably get whatever is appropriate for you, regardless of historical and technical accuracy.

Actually, US forces operate all around the world day in day out, you just don't hear about it lol. Like the fact that we have 28,000 troops in South Korea, compared to 128,000ish in Iraq, or the work we do in Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Africa, South America...

Cheers,

Daniel

Actually, US forces operate all around the world day in day out, you just don't hear about it lol. Like the fact that we have 28,000 troops in South Korea, compared to 128,000ish in Iraq, or the work we do in Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Africa, South America...

Cheers,

Daniel

True, true. But I was more talking ratios. We have more troops in the Middle East than anywhere else. And we are officially at war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Can't really say that about Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Africa, South America (not including the "war on drugs"). When developing a "next gen rifle" for the US Army you've gotta cater to the needs of the majority.

FDE>Black. The US Army will not be adapting any new weapon systems in black. The most likely color is FDE... the SCAR is in FDE and the JCP competitors all had/have FDE frames.

When designing a rifle for US forces, you have to consider every possible environment that it will be used in. USSOCOM did. The FDE SCAR is the result.

To be honest if I'm spotted because of the color of my pistol, I'll quit playing for that day and go fill out the lottery ticket and become a millionaire, but with long arms it makes sense.

Black is only good if you're setting up a defence in a coal refinery. FDE is more suitable for everything else, be it woodlands or desert or pretty much anything. Heck, I'm sure even in arctic environments the FDE would be less "Look, there they are"-obvious than black.

-Sale

Yea it may be more practical in the middle east; but here in what i call the good old U.S. of A, there is either woodland or inside cqb places. But I guess black does seem to stick out a bit with no color blending and the mid U.S. has the desert so whatever.

Tan looks cooler with black accessories i'll admit.

pain i was thinking more in the lines of this woodland.

http://www.lbap.org.uk/images/habitat/woodland.JPG

Well that is a dark picture regardless due to the natural shading. But the way the realsteel SCAR is made I wouldn't doubt that it would blend excellently there. I don't have a realsteel, nor do I have the VFC version (yet...) so I can't honostly go out and take a pictures of it to show you. I will concede that the CA SCAR will stick out easily but thats just because CA got lazy with the details. I have seen pics of the SCAR in lowlight and it is impressive, because of the material of the plastic lower receiver/stock and the annodized upper receiver the gun is able to change colour quite well– much better than a black gun can. Black can either be dark or REALLY dark. ;)

Well back to the original topic - I'm not interested in this at all. As far as I'm concerned VFC have set the benchmark in the looks department and thats the choice I'll be making.

And as far as this endless black/dark earth chat goes - operators will make a choice on their gear dependent on the environment they will be operating in. Airsofters should do the same.

And as far as this endless black/dark earth chat goes - operators will make a choice on their gear dependent on the environment they will be operating in. Airsofters should do the same.

/agree. I have four Loadouts for the various places I play:

Black - Fallout

Multicam - Anything wood'like such as GZ

ACU - Electrowerkz

UK Deserts - Longmoor

Frankly, however, I have recently taken to just wearing MC as I love the range vest.

And as for the SCAR, if the reviews of the VFC are good I suggest going for that. I love my CA SCAR, but the paint comes right off.

You missed the part where he said "every environment in which US forces are operating in". US forces are currently operating in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Two countries in which operators would be better off using Tan SCARs than Black SCARs.  There really isn't any significant numbers of US troops operating in "lush woodland areas" currently.  Hence, the Tan SCAR is more practical. However to be fair, if you yourself find that you're mostly playing in "lush woodland" areas, then you should probably get whatever is appropriate for you, regardless of historical and technical accuracy.

Even then, FDE is still going to work better then Black.

If this comes out before the VFC SCAR-H then i'll probably just get the CA although i would like one with the CQC Barrel and that's where the VFC is winning at the moment as from what ive read you get both lenght barrels.

I personally don't have a problem with it being black, because that's what Krylon's for.

And we are officially at war in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Being officially at war = congress declaring war. Congress has not declared war since World War II. What we are currently involved in is an invasion.

On topic:

Since CA's SCAR-L is something like $440 and VFC's is $420, why would anyone get the CA when VFC has superb externals? Also, if their previous offerings are anything to go by, I'd trust VFC's internals more than CA's.

Archived