Classic Army - SCAR-H Pics

orca

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that all of my 'real steel' guns are made primarily of steel and they're real, they are real steel. While my airsoft guns are, in fact, real, none of them have any significant amounts of steel in them. This makes them 'real' guns, not 'real steel' guns. Anyone who has a problem with what most people call their guns on an airsoft forum, should be shot in the face. Repeatedly. With an 8mm airsoft gun shooting metallic BBs well above forum limits and within ten feet.

You obviously haven't been around me long enough to know, so I'll enlighten you: When I use the :pirate:®, I'm joking. Further, the quote itself would have been a hint, as the line is frequently used as a joke in arguments and debates.

Ha! Guess I haven't been around you long enough. I thought the :pirate:® was just your way of being unoriginal and copying Sledge. And you're immature and unenlightening so much of the time that I would have never guessed you only use the :pirate:® to denote a joke.

And I guess I missed the quote 'cuz I was sick of the unoriginal ######.

Beefier, to my mind, implies that the gun is larger in all dimensions.

Okay, but I disagree. And that is your opinion, not a fact (which you said you could provide).

The SCAR-H is not wider, it is not taller, it's just heavier and longer. It is not a significantly larger gun, ergo I feel the term 'beefier' to be inappropriate. The term 'beefier' would be perfectly acceptable to use when comparing, for instance, the USP45 to either of the other full-size USPs.

I don't see how you could be so argumentative about such a vague term. IMO, if something is heavy and long, it can be called "beefy".

Now, you said that you could provide facts that it isn't "beefy". So far you've only provided your own opinion on what "beefy" means. I'm waiting.

Jesus! Can we move on to more constructive discussions?

Sssh... I want to see where this is going.

Or I might as well put an end to it:

http://webster.com/dictionary/beefy

1 a : heavily and powerfully built <a beefy thug> b : SUBSTANTIAL, STURDY <beefy shock absorbers>

This would imply that something beefy doesn't necessarily need to be longer and taller and wider. It's simply the image that counts. I think the .45 USP feels beefier than the 9 mm / .40 sized variants, even though the dimensions aren't that different. An SR25K is definitely beefier than the slender M16A1, even though the latter is longer.

Doesn't matter who was joking or trying to joke, or whose opinion was what. The SCAR-H is beefier than the L. End of.

When it comes to the color, FDE is most likely the realistic option and more practical. But I really like the short in black, like in Rainbow Six Vegas. :)

-Sale

When it comes to the color, FDE is most likely the realistic option and more practical. But I really like the short in black, like in Rainbow Six Vegas. :)

My thoughts exactly. But when I get my VFC SCAR L... it'll probably be FDE... unless I crack and get a Black one as well. <_<

Going back to the colour issue on the gun; I believe it is dark earth because it is a SOCOM project and they believed that that dark would provide a better base layer to paint onto. I've been led to believe that the SCAR isn't actually meant to stay that colour but is meant to be sprayed by the operator to suit the environment they are operating in.

I doubt many airsofters will be spraying their lovely dark earth SCAR's though.... they are just too pretty :P

Moreover it only clamps on the lower rail and comes around the magwell, thus should be compatible with almost any make of SCAR or M16 variant, provided their dimensions are not completely off.

I love STAR's picture of the SCAR-H with CQB barrel and EGLM BTW, it's my favourite SCAR config so far (I have yet to see the SCAR-H in sniper config...)

Actualy the EGLM-L should fit any railed, non-bullpup STANAG mag weapon (M16, M4, T65K2 with RIS, Type 89, Sig556, SCAR-L). The EGLM should fit most railed .308cal AR based weapon (SCAR H, SR25)

Is the new EGLM supposed to fit both a SCAR-L and a SCAR-H? I wasn't sure how that worked given the mag-wells on the two rifles being different in length.

Looking at the pics, there are indeed two versions of EGLM, but the only difference comes in the "trigger part", which comes around the mag, to accomodate the different magwell. That said, this part seems designed to be removed easily, which is in accordance to the versatility of the weapon system, and with the pics of the EGLM with its standalone module, where that part is removed.

It's adaptability to other railed guns depends on their dimentions, especially the magwell to rail distance, which also drives my concern of compatibility with certain brands of M16 and even SCAR (the JLS IIRC has a M16 type lower assembly, which combined with the rails closer to the barrel than a normal M4RIS could interfere in the instalation of the EGLM)

hmm, i could have sworn i watched a video introduction of the real SCAR system and they said that both H and L would share the same EGLM.... I rememeber thinking about the different magwell size problem too

Archived