Airsoft GI

JBuhl

I bougth stuff from these guys many times. Usually they are good, but never will i shop with them again. My last order was for 4 cans of gas and 4 bags of AE .2 BB's. I paid on them on a saturday. I had a game the following weekend 3 states away, but being it was a week latter I got items shipped via UPS Ground. UPS's longest delivery time in the US is 5 days. Items were shiped out monday, and were suppose to arrive at my door thursday. Well thursday came and no Items so I contacted ups, my package had gotten "misplaced" but was found. It was to be resceduled for monday. BIG PROBLEM!!! I have a game 3 states away that i already paid for in advance and reserved hotel room. I was very pisssed so i asked for it to be overnighted to me and they said that it wasn' possible. But they informed me that I would be able to get a shipping refund. I went to my game and paid doubble for these items. Wrote Airsoft gi to inform them I wanted a refund of the shipping. Well i got home to a ups man holding a VERY DAMAGED package. BB's were leaking out of the box. I again wrote Airsoft GI to inform them of this. 2 weeks latter I get a responce stating I could get the refund, but guess what its been 2 months no REFUND. I haven't got any answers to my e-mails. Worst coustomer service ever. Don't buy from them

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think sp00n's right too: it's mostly UPS's fault, shouldn't you contact UPS for the refund? Maybe AirsoftGI's waiting for UPS to refund them first. Just try to email AirsoftGI about it again, and see what happens.

I just got my KJW 1911A1 from AirsoftGI, and had business with them before too, they are all right.

I contacted UPS they said airsoft gi will get the refund, Airsoft GI said they were going to give me the refund, but well that way 2 months and 20+ emails ago. I loved there service before, but now its like they dont care about customer service. And thats what I think is important in a retailer. I am happy for those of you who still buy from him dont get me wrong, I just more so wanted to state how I felt about them. It was only $12 which aint a whole lotta money, but them ignoring me was what it made it bad. So good luck to those of you who still buy from them. Hell i probly will again in the future. Thanks for listening to me complain.

jbuhl

• 4 years later...

Hey guys,

On June 14th I ordered a KA Troy CQB, Intellect 9.6v Battery, and a Bottle of Silicon Lubricant.

I got an email a few days later saying my order was processed.

Fast forward to today the 24th of June TEN Days after I ordered, 7 business days. The email said the intellect battery was on backorder. It was listed as instock when i ordered. I must say im extremely irritated they waited this long, especially since i have no battery to fit the KA modstock. I sent them an email explaining how irritated I was, especially since how fast my past orders were dealt with. I also told them i would think twice before ordering again. When someone orders 400 dollars of Merchandise, you think they would get a tad more courtesy.

Just thought I would let you guys know that what says in stock, is either not, or there is no guarantee you will get it even if it is. I have high doubts that many people bought that type of battery. Suffice to say I/m Pi**ed off, 7 Business days to ship is inexcusable for a US retailer of any sort.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this isn't too much of a necropost...but if you E-mail (or add in the "Comments" section of your order) them and tell ASGI that you need the items shipped quickly they'll usually ship it out much quicker. I've heard from a few people that they've done that and it was usually shipped out within 1 or 2 business days instead of the usual 3-5 (or more...).

Also, if it's been a few days and a retailer still hasn't shipped an item out, just call them (or send an E-mail, though calling is faster and I've noticed usually more responsive) and ask them to get it out quickly. Usually that'll speed things up greatly. It sucks that places aren't faster, but sometimes if you just push them a little bit they'll get a move on for you.

• 4 weeks later...

So,

I have another issue

I ordered a G&G goggle fan. Only to get an email about 6 days later saying it was out of stock. To which I requested a refund, they never gave it to me, so i sent two more stern emails. I got a reply saying my order had been cancelled and my card would be refunded. My bank account has shown no such refund.

I'll be calling them monday to get it worked out, as im more than willing to just get store credit, and pick up some bits i need.

• 2 weeks later...
So,

I have another issue

I ordered a G&G goggle fan. Only to get an email about 6 days later saying it was out of stock. To which I requested a refund, they never gave it to me, so i sent two more stern emails. I got a reply saying my order had been cancelled and my card would be refunded. My bank account has shown no such refund.

I'll be calling them monday to get it worked out, as im more than willing to just get store credit, and pick up some bits i need.

Can you contest the transaction with the credit card company?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Since I live in CA I order from them all the time. Theyre fast and reliable. Last time I bought a King Arms ACOG and I got it in the 5 days from the free shipping they provide with a coupon code. I also have visited them about 5 times, once at their "yard sale" and they have great people working there. I will also continue to buy from them

• 3 weeks later...

uh necro post?!!?

anyway to make this post productive I have to say after my last order I am now taking my airsoft shopping else where.

I received my A&K mk43 with a broken box magazine scratches on the barrel (really big, gouges really) and a broken feed tary. Upon calling them they refused to allow me to send it back for a replacement. My previous orders have always been good though. This was the first time I got something broken so first time I tried to exchange an item.

• 2 months later...

I really want to like this retailer. I've tried to like them. I like their prices, I like their coupons, I like their free shipping for orders over $100 policy, I even like Tim's product reviews ... and in the end I *fruitcage* hate them. And here's why:

* Item In Stock? Well it says in stock ... so it should be right? FALSE! Pretty much every time I've ordered from them there has been one or more items out of stock when they clearly said in stock at the time of my ordering. My most recent example is the Madbull HopUp chamber, in stock at the time I ordered it and now out of stock. So NEVER assume their "In Stock" status is accurate.

* Turnaround time: I placed an order on February 22nd. The next day I get email updates that the order is in "Invoice Printing" and then "Package Processing". Then over a WEEK later I get an email saying that items are "Out of Stock" and they'll place those items on "BackOrder". Seriously? They wait over a week to tell me that something is out of stock? So I call them and I'm informed that they were expecting a shipment in and those items weren't present in the latest shipment from the distributor. So the truth was they were never "In Stock" ... they were "On Order" which are two very different things. Thanks, thanks for wasting my time. I could have ordered the same items from a retailer in HK that actually had the items in stock and break even on the EMS shipping considering I wouldn't have to pay CA taxes or AirsoftGI's higher prices. Oh ... and I would have received the items I wanted before AirsoftGI even thought to ship them.

Here's a few tips AirsoftGI:

- Get an accurate real time stock tracker. Many legit businesses have them, it's time for you to catch up.

- If an item is on order ... don't list it as In Stock!!!

- Get more people to man the phones. I'm rarely able to reach someone during your listed hours. I consider myself lucky when I do, and that's pretty sad.

- 4-5 days to process orders!?!! You need to work on efficiency. 4-5 days is ridiculous. You're not dealing with the sales volume that the major HK online retailers are dealing with and I guarantee you that from what I've seen of them, they've got as many or less package handlers than you do. And yet, they're able to process and ship items to me from the other side of world in less time than it takes you to process a package and figure out if you even have it in stock. Seriously, 4-5 days ... that's just embarrassing. Either hire more employees, train the existing ones to work smarter/faster, or get new ones who can do the job efficiently. 4-5 days was barely acceptable, but 7-8 days to figure out if something's in stock is just ... insulting.

SORT YOUR $#!T OUT AIRSOFT GI !!! :angry:

Or, and this is probably the real reason that far too many airsoft retailers are guilty of doing, is advertise an item as "in stock" knowing someone will order it based on that stock assumption, retailer then uses customers money, or worse still, waits for numerous customers to place orders, and then uses that collective money to then order said items. All while at the same time using ###### excuses like "it wasn't part of our incoming shipment as expected" because it never was because this "shipment" never even existed.

Airsoft GI is really hit or miss. They have been great on some of my orders, but ###### on the others. I've found it best to just call them up to confirm the order after I have placed it. To be fair, I've had the same problem that uscmCorps had with other retailers like AEX. (AEX's website says that they have Promy and KN ak barrels in stock, but neither of them were to be found, and when I called on the phone was treated like an idiot). Still doesn't mean I'm not going to order from them, or take my business elsewhere. I like both the companies just fine, and think that they have great overall service.

One thing to remember is that, even though they have a big website, they still are a relatively small company compared to everything else out there. Ordering from Apple or Amazon, a place that has hundreds of thousands of employees who's sole job is to make sure your package gets to you, is always (or should be) hassle free. Now not saying that Airsoft GI, AEX, etc should get a free gimmy for bad shipping, but I've always been a lot more lenient with the littler companies when it comes to stuff like this. They have a relatively small staff, and if it's anything like the airsoft shop that I used to work at, an over worked staff. I've just always chalked stuff up to simple mistakes. But that's just me.

I understand your point, ... the thing is, I'm not comparing them to apple, amazon etc. I'm comparing them to their direct competitors WGCShop, AirsoftGlobal, Redwolf, DenTrinity and other companies who don't have thousands of employees but in many cases have equal to or less employees than ASGI and yet these competitors can get product out the door and in my hands from the other side of the planet faster than ASGI can even figure out if the product is truly in stock. It's apples to apples, not apples to oranges. Another example of a small business performing above and beyond: SKDTac. This company is my go to company for anything gear related. They have a $5 flat shipping rate. A real time stock tracker. No taxes. And the best part: if you order by 12 pm EST your order ships the SAME DAY. Now granted they probably don't have a physical store to compete with their warehouse stock, but that alone shouldn't cost these US airsoft stores more than a day or two at the most. And yet ... here I am posting on my soap box.

I ordered online once from AEX, and the one time I did it was for a case of Bioval BioBBs only to discover the box beat up upon arrival and several bags had burst open voiding the airtight seal needed to keep BioBBs in their dry state. I was really dissatisfied with that experience. I blame the manufacturer for using substandard zip-loc bags (those bags break even when placed in my backpack), but also partially blame the AEX packer for them breaking open as they should have known better and packed it appropriately. That said, that was the only instance of my online ordering from AEX that I can recall and therefore can't make a direct comparison to ASGI as the online experiences weren't the same (although I do recall it took a while to ship). I have however shopped in-store at my local AEX many times since that issue, and will continue to do so as I like the staff, the product they sell, and the services they provide. ASGI on the other hand are far enough away that it's not worth the trip ... which was why I ordered online in the first place (to save myself the trip).

Nope, I really don't think a real time stock tracker is a tall order. Plenty of "small" businesses have it. Not incorporating it into an online store with a finite supply of product is just idiotic.

I understand your point, ... the thing is, I'm not comparing them to apple, amazon etc. I'm comparing them to their direct competitors WGCShop, AirsoftGlobal, Redwolf, DenTrinity and other companies who don't have thousands of employees but in many cases have equal to or less employees than ASGI and yet these competitors can get product out the door and in my hands from the other side of the planet faster than ASGI can even figure out if the product is truly in stock. It's apples to apples, not apples to oranges. Another example of a small business performing above and beyond: SKDTac. This company is my go to company for anything gear related. They have a $5 flat shipping rate. A real time stock tracker. No taxes. And the best part: if you order by 12 pm EST your order ships the SAME DAY. Now granted they probably don't have a physical store to compete with their warehouse stock, but that alone shouldn't cost these US airsoft stores more than a day or two at the most. And yet ... here I am posting on my soap box.

I ordered online once from AEX, and the one time I did it was for a case of Bioval BioBBs only to discover the box beat up upon arrival and several bags had burst open voiding the airtight seal needed to keep BioBBs in their dry state. I was really dissatisfied with that experience. I blame the manufacturer for using substandard zip-loc bags (those bags break even when placed in my backpack), but also partially blame the AEX packer for them breaking open as they should have known better and packed it appropriately. That said, that was the only instance of my online ordering from AEX that I can recall and therefore can't make a direct comparison to ASGI as the online experiences weren't the same (although I do recall it took a while to ship). I have however shopped in-store at my local AEX many times since that issue, and will continue to do so as I like the staff, the product they sell, and the services they provide. ASGI on the other hand are far enough away that it's not worth the trip ... which was why I ordered online in the first place (to save myself the trip).

Nope, I really don't think a real time stock tracker is a tall order. Plenty of "small" businesses have it. Not incorporating it into an online store with a finite supply of product is just idiotic.

I like AirsoftGi. I will admit they are slow on shipping. For me, it took 2-3 days to process, and 5 business days to arrive (I live in NY). However, contacting them via the phone is pretty bad. This is because I was emailed by them and was told during the holidays (before and after Christmas) they receive over 100 orders an hour. That's an insane amount, almost 1 order every 30 seconds. E-mailing Airsoftgi is very effective for me, I get a response either later that day or next day. Phoning them is not very good because they only have one phone line and if they get as many calls as orders, then there are probably 5 people trying to reach them as the same time as you are. I would rate them better then any other American retailer. As for listing items out of stock. They are actually pretty good about that compared to other stores like Evike. Evike doesn't even bother listing the items out of stock!

I understand your frustration about out of stock items not being listed as out of stock, however it is more then possible that there were 30+ orders before you asking for the exact same item you did, and since they placed their order before yours, they get the rest that is in stock before you do. It's tough luck I know, but its business...

EDIT: Also, I believe ASGI only has 28 employees, which isn't an insane amount considering one fourth of them are air smiths.

I understand your frustration about out of stock items not being listed as out of stock, however it is more then possible that there were 30+ orders before you asking for the exact same item you did, and since they placed their order before yours, they get the rest that is in stock before you do. It's tough luck I know, but its business...

Don't know if you're familiar with the term "real time inventory" which I've been harping on about, but that basically means that if one customer places an order, that that quantity automatically gets subtracted from the available inventory. If someone tries to place an order for the same item, the available quantity will be reflected as such. With such a system in place, a customer would never be able to place an order for something that isn't in stock unless an accounting mix up occurred (which rarely happens). For example check out EmdomUSA. Every item they carry has a real time inventory so you can see exactly how many are left. If someone places an order before me, that number changes. So if 30+ orders came in for a product I was interested in, by the time I got to it, it would tell me that the item is Out of stock or on Backorder. That is what I'm suggesting they need to do. These airsoft shops already have the capability to do it. Ever go into the store and ask if they have something available? If they can't find it on the shelf, they look on the computer and say "that's odd, we should have two in stock, maybe it's in the back". The online stores are no different. They also keep track of everything in order to know when to place an order for more when the inventory for that product is getting low. Hook that same database up to the online store system and voila, real time inventory. Many templates for online stores have this feature built into the template as part of the system.

Regarding the employee count of ASGI ... that's not much different than the HK stores. Actually more employees than a few of the online HK stores. As for high order numbers ... the US Airsoft online stores cater mostly to the US. The HK online stores cater predominantly to the ENTIRE WORLD. And yet with the same or fewer employees and an exponentially greater order volume, the HK stores are able to out pace ASGI. The HK stores don't have real time inventory either, but at least they're seemingly more efficient.

As for Evike ... I don't/won't shop at Evike.

uscm makes a good point - US retailers don't seem to have a sense of efficiency/CS quality. On multiple times I've ordered from DenTrinity, WGCShop, and eHobby (I order more the latter now), I get constant updates on package status and shipment status - eHobby is usually even kind enough to send me the actual UPS tracking page, unlike ASGI which I have to go through their annoying "order track" method. At most it takes 1-2 days for a HK retailer to sort out and send off my package, and I had a similar experience from ASGI as uscm said - it took them about 3-4 days to ship out my KWA MP7 short mag. ONE ITEM, took as long to get out their factory door as my $1.5k PMAG order from eHobby to arrive at my doorstep.

Sometimes I think it's the culture - Asian and American cultures are definitely different, at least in my experience.

Just a note: Retailers can't ship green gas or any other gas via. air. It is a federal regulation that compressed gasses must be shipped via. ground. So if you are expecting to play and need gas, order a few weeks in advance. If you buy gas overseas, they have to send it via. cargo ship. So you should either order separately (non-gas items in one and gas in the other) or just buy gas locally.

Archived