Airsoft GI

JBuhl

I have placed 6 orders from ASGI in the past two years without any problems so far. Half of those orders have been within the past 4 months and all of my orders have arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The last order i made was on April 19th 2010 with the estimated time of arrival being tomorrow, April 27th.(Note: I live on Long Island, New York)

I ordered The following:

1 xBroken FU885 CM048 Full Metal/Wood AK 74 Airsoft Gun

1 xSystema Precision Shim Set

1 xMadbull Grease Set for Gear and Piston

1 xICS Silicone Oil

2 xModify Ultra Plugs

It took 2 days to process, pack, and ship my order and for that im very pleased with Airsoft GI. My next order will probably be from EBB which i hope will go well, last time it took them 3 weeks to tell me that at item would out of stock. Any company that lists something in stock when it is out and takes 3 weeks and countless emails to tell the customer sucks. Although there is an argument that ASGI does practice this to a limited scale, it does suck to get be notified that the product(s) are out of stock when it the website says its in-stock and also for this kind of reputable airsoft store. I think its safe to assume that its a business decision, if the more the have in stock then the more you can sell. If they have (x) amount of pallets coming in with (x) amount of an item and know it is coming in there warehouse then im sure it would be safe to say that they will add that to their inventory, even though the item(s) are not physically present.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of talk of RT inventory system here, people tend to forget that those things cost $$$ & usually lots of it. Even if the software is cheap or even free, you really need a trained dedicated individual to run it full-time & the cheaper solutions often start charging for tech support when problems arise. That is money that companies can & usually will figure is better spent on inventory or other projects first...especially with the often low profit margins that come with the territory.

Can you really whine about someone not buying/implementing RTI when you've taken advantage of a 10% off coupon & free shipping on orders over $100? All that comes directly out of the profits of the retailer, they don't get reimbursed for any of that anywhere.

When I worked in for a gear retailer(one that members on this very site have bought from) the web software & inventory systems were separate. You had to manually synch them & backfill orders...which happened once to twice a day depending on how busy things were. Anything from inventory software crashes(which happened a lot) to simple mistakes on booking in inventory, to mistakes made by manufacturers mis-shipping items could throw off inventory levels(don't even get me started on how often I contacted Paraclete/MSA on screw-ups).

Basically if you're in a hurry for something, you need to be willing to spend the dollar on a simple phonecall to verify they have it & then spend the money for expedited shipping to get it fast. Otherwise be willing to patiently wait & possibly not have it for a game or so. That's true of all retailers everywhere, nobody has a 100% perfect track record.

Archived