firefly2000

watch out when dealing with firefly2000

I recently had been communicating with Dan (firefly2000) regarding this P90:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=116581

and agreed to buy at the asking price.

I sent a cheque out on Tuesday 31/7/2007, and explained that there was postal strikes ongoing currently and there may be a delay in getting the cheque to him.

Sunday night I get a pm saying he has waited too long for the cheque and has to accept another offer. Given that post only started rolling out again on Friday (according to royal mail website), and most people dont get post on a Sunday! I dont understand the impatience in not receiving the cheque.

I asked Dan to give the cheque a few more days to arrive, but he is insistant he must accept the other offer.

Now I am £7.50 out of pocket with the charge of cancelling the cheque, and hoping that he has the descency to return the cheque to me in the post (with my £7.50 would be nice!).

I understand I am new to these forums, but I have built up a reputation on other forums (mainly rc) to gain a good seller reputation, aswell as a 100% ebay feedback. Once I accept payment from somebody, i generally give them ample time to get it to me.

watch out when dealing with firefly2000

I recently had been communicating with Dan (firefly2000) regarding this P90:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=116581

and agreed to buy at the asking price.

I sent a cheque out on Tuesday 31/7/2007, and explained that there was postal strikes ongoing currently and there may be a delay in getting the cheque to him.

Sunday night I get a pm saying he has waited too long for the cheque and has to accept another offer. Given that post only started rolling out again on Friday (according to royal mail website), and most people dont get post on a Sunday! I dont understand the impatience in not receiving the cheque.

I asked Dan to give the cheque a few more days to arrive, but he is insistant he must accept the other offer.

Now I am £7.50 out of pocket with the charge of cancelling the cheque, and hoping that he has the descency to return the cheque to me in the post (with my £7.50 would be nice!).

I understand I am new to these forums, but I have built up a reputation on other forums (mainly rc) to gain a good seller reputation, aswell as a 100% ebay feedback. Once I accept payment from somebody, i generally give them ample time to get it to me.

To defend myself, I will say I'm sorry, but there is nothing impatient about accepting a better offer for my P90. I am not a fraudster, and will happily repay the £7.50 that you have lost. Understandably I must wait for the cheque to arrive before I can do this, anyone else in my position, you must admit would have done the same.

EDIT:

Sunday night I get a pm saying he has waited too long for the cheque and has to accept another offer.

Sorry, but I never said that i had 'waited too long for the cheque'.

I apologize for the seemingly smug reply but you must understand that i only wish to maintain my clear record and reputation on this forum. :)

Regards,

Dan aka firefly2k

Glad that it all seems to be sorted out, but in the future, firely, if you want an auction type affair, post up in the classified sections, not the for sale forums. Trust me, i know how you feel. I've had much better offers for guns that're packaged up and ready to be sent out that morning, but you've got to stick with what you've agreed. bad form if you dont.

Hope everything gets sorted soon :)

Archived