"What am best aircraft"?

fanta101

Continuation from http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...00#entry1457170 discussion as requested.

Choosing an aircraft not on the poll is encouraged :)

Explain your reasoning. I know this is an Airsoft forum but this seems like an intersting topic.

Be civil and don't flame so this thread won't get locked.

Mods, if this topic doesn't seem appropriate feel free to lock/close

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as i like the fact our forces got some new kit in the shape of the Eurofighter Typhoon, i could never call it a the best fighter aircraft. Its already out-dated and was originally designed for the Cold War which has since ended. It was ten years behind schedule, and is was still bugged by avionic problems when it was unveiled earlier this year.

The SU-35 has a decent all-weather capability, and is a decent all round performer in the hands of a decent pilot.

However i voted for the F22, due to the fact of the updated flight systems, the fact its stealth, supersonic and like the EF-T has the ability to inbterqact with all coalition aircraft.

I voted other, mainly because the SU-47 Berkut and the Mig 1.42 are the weirdest and yet somehow thee most beautiful aircraft i have seen developed.

su47.jpg

Jus look at it, its odd with its Forward Swept Wings (FSW) thats an aircraft the russians can be proud of. :D

And the Mig 1.42 its just well, odd and i quite like it, its not a bad shape, its all simple yet effective.

For those who've played C&C Generals, you'll notice this aircraft is what the Chinese use. :D

mig142_1.jpg

Forgot to add the Fulcrum B, just look at it, its a prestige aircraft, sexy aswell. :P

mig-29b-up.jpg

For it's time the Harrier still has a lot of potenial but due to the age of the airframes it is sad to see it being phased out, vector thrusting has been very much under rated, plus whilst it can be out performed by the F-22 or the Typhoon I've always had a soft spot for it (FRS mk1) and it is pure British :D

I like the Tornado, yes its getting on a bit and as per normal the development just like everything else went millions over budget but it does look cool and makes a f*cking racket! My love affair for Russian helicopters continues. Apaches and Eurocopters are so boring in comparison.

raftornadogr4-1b.jpg

800px-Mi-24D_Hind_Attack_Helicopter.jpg

Ka50TopView1oClock.jpg

Oh, and for us Brits, i present to you, britains finest piece of engineering, the Vulcan Bomber:

Hmm, I think that there have been better bits of engineering, the Hunter is a very fine looking piece of work that lasted a long time, the Meteor, elegant yet our first front line jet. Trouble with the Vulcan B2 was the need to put the kink in the wings which spoil the lines imho. Plus I wonder if they'll every get X558 off the ground ever.

I'll say it again...

gr3-development10.png

:D

Hmm, I think that there have been better bits of engineering, the Hunter is a very fine looking piece of work that lasted a long time, the Meteor, elegant yet our first front line jet. Trouble with the Vulcan B2 was the need to put the kink in the wings which spoil the lines imho. Plus I wonder if they'll every get X558 off the ground ever.

I'll say it again...

gr3-development10.png

That looks kinda like a raped harrier :o

I'll say it again...

gr3-development10.png

Apparently, XH558 is due to appear at least in one Airshow this year, so they've been working mega hard on her.

Though, i don't see why they didn't purchase the Vulcan from my local airport, refurbish some parts on her, and then she's good as any to go airborne.

Oh, and i was there at the Vulcans last flight. :D

su-35

vulcan

harrier

spitfire

avro lancaster

tempest

typhoon

best planes yah

russian helicopter gunships still beat all other heli`s

i give it less than a day before the americans say "american planes am bestzorz"

Archived