"What am best aircraft"?

fanta101

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably just hearsay as the F-3's Rate of acceleration is almost eight times that of a Bear.

I don't intend to sound like a cock but:

Of course the tornado's got a rate of acceleration than the Bear, ... the Tornado has AB built in, and even without them it's still fast.

The bear is an old lumbering bomber plane, it's bigger and is powered by counter-props.

After having the pleasure of seeing one of the few surviving Spitfires in flight last Sunday (it took off from East Midlands Airport and flew directly over the car park at Donnington Park, where I'd been sat waiting to get out for the last hour), I'd say the Spitfire.

Gorgeous aircraft, and the engine noise.... Keep your jets, I want a Spitfire.

After having the pleasure of seeing one of the few surviving Spitfires in flight last Sunday (it took off from East Midlands Airport and flew directly over the car park at Donnington Park, where I'd been sat waiting to get out for the last hour), I'd say the Spitfire.

Gorgeous aircraft, and the engine noise....  Keep your jets, I want a Spitfire.

you went to the free renault series at donnington aswell

got stuck for 3hours so went to silverstone instead and has a much better day

the spitfire and a me-109 was doing a display at silverstone :P

speaking of silverstone le-mans is on there tomorrow and sunday

its only a 1000km race but its all the proper le-mans cars :P:D

you went to the free renault series at donnington aswell

got stuck for 3hours so went to silverstone instead and has a much better day

the spitfire and a me-109 was doing a display at silverstone  :P

speaking of silverstone le-mans is on there tomorrow and sunday

its only a 1000km race but its all the proper le-mans cars  :P  :D

Yeah, the event was good, slightly different to last year, more spectacular crashes. Unfortunately, the attempt at getting people out of the car park was atrocious. Doubt we'll be going back next year, though, not if the parking/leaving situation is as bad as at the weekend.

To keep things on topic, last year at Donnington Park, one of the Russian super cargo planes (second largest Antonov) landed at East Midlands. I looked up and saw wheels. We were going to try and get a photo as it flew overhead after take off, but I think it flew out the other way.

As for Helos - Hind (specifically the D) gets my vote, apparently it's built around the engine for a cargo chopper, and is very maneuverable despite it's size.

• 3 years later...

Holy ######. N-N-N-N-Necropost!

To keep it relevant and to ###### off the armchair generals who's only experience of fast jets would be at an airshow

n539223013_901139_3494.jpg

*EDIT*

The above is an actual quote from an RAF pilot overheard in 'The Frying Squad' chippy.

Lol well I've certainly changed my opinion from my first post (first page, last post). After being well educated in this area now, tbh numbers of aircraft are still the deciding factor today, so I'm not sure about having a "bestest aircraft"

Modern fighter - F14 (I've also always liked the design of the X-29, but it never made it out of the "X" phase.)

Modern attack - A10

Helicopter GP - Bell UH-1

Helicopter attack - Bell AH-1 The Mi-24 Hind is a close 2nd. (I love the RAH-66 Comanche but that also never made it into the actual production phase.)

WW2 fighter - 3 way tie between P51, P38, & P40

Archived