Colt's Combat Comander Davidson Custom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Davidson a US based GunSmith or is he based in Asia? Reason why I ask is... if he's US based, it'll be easier for those of us in the States to acquire... and it'd be really nice to hear that products of this caliber is possible from a non-asia based gun-smith. Either way... I'm sold. I love my TM 1911s and this is clearly something I *need* to have.

The first pic in the 3.15 PM post shows mold marks, so the frame may be CNC-finished but not machined from a single block.

In any case, a very good looking gun and nice review as usual. A bit on the positive side for my taste, I want people to look under rocks to find something to complain about. :)

It's definitely possible to make a realistically weighed 1911 that still cycles well and puts out a snappy kick.

-Sale

Some do, some don't, and others use MIM parts. In any case this frame isn't CNC'd from a billet. It's not any worse for airsoft (or even real steel) use, but gives the image of an expensive method when a less expensive method is actually used.

-Sale

On HFC134a you're not getting anywhere with this, propane and CO2 which I do beleive it is designed for taking into account that the hammer spring recoil spring and valves are all modified. Using Propane I emptied the magazine with shots averaging at 98m/s

Oh and thats 24 shots (That's a TM MAgazine filled to capacity)

That's more like it! Good stuff. :)

In any case, a very good looking gun and nice review as usual. A bit on the positive side for my taste, I want people to look under rocks to find something to complain about. :)

-Sale

I wish you were here to shoot it and handle it, I can't find anything wrong with the bloody thing and trust me I try very hard to find stuff that is negative. But honestly I couldn't find a thing!

Although I wish it had been a P226 :D

Get rid of that "Davidson Custom 45" trademark on the slide, and we're in business. That is a seriously sexy 1911.

Actually, for me, the "Davidson Custom" trademark makes it an even more valuable piece. This says to me: you're not buying any old generic 1911... You're buying a Custom 1911 made by Davidson himself.

what sort of price are we looking at for this (assuming its just the kit itself).

any idea if he plans to release any other models?

Like I siad he has only done one offs so far and I have been told that he is in talks with regards to distribution and larger production. So right now I only know the value of this one off (that includes man hours)