M3 Carl-Gustav

sekiryu

I'm thinking about making a Carl-Gustav launcher for airsoft, using M203 shells. Now, the main tube can easily be PVC pipe, and the grips I can easily carve out of wood. Now, the trouble points:

1. How do I make the details? I've got a fiberglass auto repair kit laying around, but I don't know how to make molds.

2. How do I make the cone-shaped breach?

3. What's the best trigger mechanism? I was thinking just getting a metal rod, having it bent into an L at the front, and poking out the bottom behind the foreward grip, having it in a J shape at the back to press the valve on the 203 shell, and simply pushing that rod forward to launch.

The details I need to work on:

militarypowers84mmrr011jg5.jpg

If I could replicate that tube, that could be the location of my trigger mechanism, instead of having it behind the foreward grip.

militarypowers84mmrr012rn1.jpg

That part I'm completely stumped on.

Well, when I go about modding. I usually don't plan to create things totally from scratch, I look through my junk box or around the house, or sometimes to a hardware/$1 store. And see if I can find something reasonably close that I can mod into.

So you might want to check what you have or what you can get first.

Only when I need to I make things from scratch, which is actually pretty often... but there are times when a quick 10min search saved me about hours of tedious work

That's just my 2 cents ;)

No luck so far. I've got my PVC, and some clamps to attach the grips, but I'm still having trouble figuring out the breach locking mechanism.

What is all this plasticard I hear about? I've been to my local hobby stores numerous times, but never seen the stuff.

I got a styrofoam cone from Hobby Lobby. But since the liquid hardener for my fiberglass resin kit dissolves styrofoam, I wrapped it in duct tape. So I'll apply fiberglass over that, then gauge out the styrofoam innards, leaving a cone.

Archived