A&K M249 initial impressions

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DSCF0020-2.jpg

You won the "Most Badass Arniesairsoft.co.uk User of the Year Award" !

I dont wanna meet you in a dark alley, with or without the M249 :D:P

Just kidding, but you sure got the PMC look all the way! ;)

Edited by chas
You won the "Most Badass Arniesairsoft.co.uk User of the Year Award" !

I dont wanna meet you in a dark alley, with or without the M249  :D  :P

Just kidding, but you sure got the PMC look all the way!  ;)

Lol,i'm photo sensitive & inside or out the flash on the camera will get me every time which is why i need the glasses :blink:

Only problem i have is when i take the inner barrell out and adjust the hop its seems to basically do nothing?! I am right in thinking the adjustment is just the wheel part? Can anyone advise me on how to fix it?

Cheers

Erm don't take the barrel out adjust the hop.Open up the top & you can see the adjuster wheel,honestly it's in the manual.Also when you've put the barrel back make sure that it's back in the right way so the feed hole faces the feed tube{i only mention it because i put it back the wrong way originally :unsure: }

Well mine is very nice, weighty and pretty, all the screws were in tight so wasnt too worried.

Only problem i have is when i take the inner barrell out and adjust the hop its seems to basically do nothing?! I am right in thinking the adjustment is just the wheel part? Can anyone advise me on how to fix it?

Cheers

Already discussed further up. By me.

The bucking is too short and so, basically, does very little.

were did u get the bullit belt from  thunder ive looked every were and i aint paying £69 for 20 or what ever it is . i do have a belt some were i got it when i was like 11 from a car booty that  cost me a fiver need cheap ones

I got mine of the forums,there are various places selling 10 linked rounds.What i was going to do was buy a belt for £25 & split it up & sell it on for £8 a pop.That way i'd get my money back & free rounds{£8 would more than cover intitial costs}

http://www.combatservicesupport.co.uk/show...uct.asp?pid=981

Mine should be here on Tuesday, but I won't be home 'til Wednesday. I've got a double glazing salesman coming round Wednesday night so I'd better wait 'til he's gone before I get it on the kitchen table for a workover :D Mind you, I might get a better price...

Cheers for the advise so far guys, I'll know what to look for now.

Hmmm, might have to get me some inert rounds. If you decide to do that RT, let me know.

Hmmm, might have to get me some inert rounds. If you decide to do that RT, let me know.

I was going to get the belt when i was contacted about the belt of 10 rounds so i don't really need to now.The person had bought a long belt of rounds & they weren't shifting until the release of the A&K M249,i believe he's all sold out now.The next cheapest place was zerooneairsoft{i think} for £17.50 before postage for 10 inert round with out the primer being depressed.

Of course ebay have bullet belts in long lengths for fancy dress although they appear to be 7.62? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fancy-Dress-5-Long-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

edit: not sure if that link will work but search for fancy dress bullet belt!

Edited by rolling-thunder

Right ive had chance to have the gearbox apart on mine now, so i will list what i have found though im not the most technically minded person! so be gentle please!!!

I followed some videos found on here to take the gearbox apart and found that mine had literally no grease at all in it on the gears and there was no piston lube either it looked like the factory had just sprayed the inside with silicone spray and left it at that. The gearbox was shimmed with some very very thin copper shims that were about half the thickness of shims ive seen before in other gear boxes. I have now greased and re shimmed the gearbox to the best of my ability. :)

I encountered the following problems i used a TM MC51 V2 gearbox as a donor for some replacement parts and i dont know if this was the reason for the problems i have had, i replaced the stock cylinder, air nozzle, hop up rubber and bucking... i compared the air nozzles and they looked about the same size.

i reasssembled the gearbox and tested it with a battery attached it cycled really well and i reassembled the entire gun, i then took it outside to shoot it and test my work.... sadly the BB's just tricked out the end...... i presume this is because of the replacement air nozzle. So i have no replaced this with the origional and the gun works fine.

If anyone can shed any light about why the gun stopped working after some parts were replaced i would be most grateful. This is only the second gearbox re-grease and shim ive ever done so i would be really grateful for any help what so ever.

And has anyone inspected their gearbox to see if it has any grease??????

Thanks

butch

there wasnt anything wrong with it i just thought that as it went with the air nozzle in the previous gearbox i thought it migh improve its chances of working..... i was wrong however.I intend to upgrade the motor next for a CA one and replace the 8mm bearings for kanzen ones. Im just a little concerned now about getting a replacement air nozzle if this one gets damaged for any reason has anyone found a new air nozzle that works?????

thanks

Butch

Skirmished mine today. Box mag feeding is very tempremental - with it sound activated or always on it was misfeeding quite a lot. I'd say only 6 -7 out of every 10 shots was actually firing a bb. Supplied battery is of the usual low standard and despite it being a 9.6v it was no better than a Component-Shop 8.4v - I'll be getting a couple of their 9.6's methinks!!

My hop-up seemed ok in the garden but thats only a 20m range - I think I need to have a look at my bucking as suggested above and possibly replace the rubber as I'm sure I can improve the range (it wasn't too bad just not up to the range of my JG G36 or M733). I didn't get a chance to clean the barrel so that probably didnt help!

Took some getting used to for me as I normally play up front and fast with smaller guns and this was my first time out as a support gunner. Haven't got a propper sling yet so I just used a normal 2 point sling. It was a bit annoying as when I had it slung over a shoulder the sling kept releasing the main body cover clips and it would swing open.

Was a right beast to lug around too! I play at Spec Ops in Portland which is based in a couple of quarries so we spend most of the time clambering over rocks and rubble - needless to say it was a bit awkward at times with this thing.

Highlight of the day for me was being up on a ridge to see 4 enemy break cover beneath me not realising I was there. I stood at the edge of the ridge and firing a nice long burst from the hip took all 4 of them out - that certainly made me smile :)

Overall pretty impressed at the moment but I know it can be better so a bit of tinkering and a better box mag and it should be sweet.

My Mk1 finally arrived a little after 2pm on Friday not too long after my last whinge regards the continuing wait.

All in all considering the price I'm pretty impressed. I did the obligatory check for screw tightness and found most to be ok, the few that were suspect have had a little thread lock applied and been tightened up carefully. The barrel had the muzzle end droop others have encountered, that has been remedied by the simple expedient of a suitably size rubber O-ring being fitted to the exposed end of the inner barrel with the flash eliminator removed and then refitting the flash eliminator. The barrel centres up nicely.

I've re-profiled the legs of the magazine blank/catch plate the make it more positive and it seems to work quite well gripping mags more tightly

There are a number of other areas with slightly loose parts that will receive the attention of a suitable grade of Loctite when I get the chance.

The Hop unit is rather rough as has been noted but I've not been able to shoot at a sufficient range to test its effectiveness as yet but rate of fire is good with the included battery although there is no indication on the battery as to what type or capacity it is. It is after checking with a multi-meter putting out smack on 9.6V.

I've also not checked the muzzle velocity yet as I still haven't found my chrono.

The supplied box mag seems to work well, feeding quite consistently, it does need some work to protect the wires, soldered connections and the PCB.

As for M16/M4 mags it is quite happy with TM and CA standards and Hi-Caps, Star 30 round real caps and it's ok'ish with an ICS 450 Hi-Cap. However it doesn't like the G&G 450 round mag that came with my L85A1, it just doesn't want to fit.

Anyway that's enough of my waffle for now, I'll post if & when I have any further revelations.

Edited by Tarnish

well today is a goody for me went eilte at worthin to play for the first time today and on arivein and payin geen fees the bloke who runs it turns up in van full of gun starts unloadin all sort and then out come fours boxses of a&k m249s so my faces lights up he has all threes sorts so there and then i have a para and played with it all day god its a beast but good clean fun no probs at all hop is fine and firein well goin to open her up tonight and have a look inside

You guys might have different experiences, but was I the only one who thought this is hardly a support weapon? I have my review up in my big series of em if you need more detail, but mine fires incredibly slow, has a weak boxmag that can't keep up with >1000RPM, has terrible compression so that big spring goes to waste, is shimmed so poorly that it will probably explode within 15K rounds, and it had metal shavings in the barrel.