A&K M249 initial impressions

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have finally up graded mine just a bog standard m100 spring and a ca super high speed motor had a few little problems down to me being an *albatross* and not charging my battery so the gun wouldn't turn over (lol)

and general lube

rof has increased alot just having fun altering the switch due to me undoing the screws and it moving (dam pain in the *albatross* to get right)

all in all its cost me 55 ish to get it alot better my bearings are fine at the moment so ill run them to death

one more thing i need to do is change the wirering because they do get a little warm so not sure what amp rating to get at the moment so if you no let me no)

thanks all

I've got the mosfet + fuse in mine now, hasn't to me at least made a noticeable difference to rof but hey ho, least the micro switch should last now.

I have a replacement motor and some shims on the way to me to make the gearbox a bit smoother and get the rof up, as I'm sticking to an 8.4v mini I just want it a little higher.

Still, it runs reasonably well currently, albeit a little screechy, after a proper regrease and reshim we shall see if it can get better.

I checked mine today, and the stock wiring is 18swg (1.219mm diameter). 16swg is recommended for AEGs (1.626mm). I know I can get this from Maplin and heatshrink it, but if anyone can recommend anywhere else please sing out.

EDIT: http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/leads_connectors.html

75p a meter, thanks greebo_Brat :D

Bah! Out of stock of black.

UPDATE: I fitted a stock TM spring and piston today to see how it performed. I'll try and get a sound sample some time, but it sounds nearer 40rps. Slightly insane, and probably not gonna feed properly. :D

all right then is it worth getting one of the paras, and will a G&P 8.4v 3300 fit.

Yes it is worth buying and no an 8.4V 3300 won't fit in a Para, you also need a small connector and that 8.4V will have a large one. I have a 9.6V 2200mAH NiMh "nunchuck" battery from The Component Shop fitted in my Mk1 for £19 plus £2 P&P. I've sealed the two halves of the battery together using clear sealent. The battery space in the fore-grip which is used in the Mk1 and Para is 128mm long by 34mm wide and a maximum battery depth/thickness of 34mm.

You're far better off getting a 9.6V too as the gun can take it fine and it keeps the rate of fire up that little bit higher.

Battery1.jpg

Battery2.jpg

9.6V “Nunchuck” style battery at The Component Shop

Edited by Tarnish

9.6V 4300mAh SC NiMH Battery Pack.

High capacity, fitted with standard “Tamiya” style connector on

very flexible, high current leads - 50A discharge capacity!

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/8vp4300sc-ht.html

the battery i might get what u lot think is it worth it or ill it be like the battery suplied with the gun

Obviously you'll be thinking of the MK.2...?

Unfortunately, I do not have my MK.2 yet so am unaware of the internal dimensions of the stock; therefore I do not know what batteries you can squeeze in there. A 'hump' style battery pack may be better, or the 'compact' one...

Hump battery pack - http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageA...ROD&ProdID=1691

or just the regular 9.6v's from the same site =

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageA...TS&Category=161

(Of course, you may want to check out the 10.8v and 12v batteries for added firerate; unsure about what these may do to the internals though).

Also, on component shop, consider the 'Compact' battery packs, they may fit it... After talking to a guy at ASW, he told me that a large MAY or MAY NOT fit in the MK.2 stock, but hey, my hands could do some custom work!

Quick question East on the excess material removal, are we talking 5 minute dremel work (an exaggeration time wise) or careful working away with a file?

Both, I used the dremel to removed the most of the excess materials and then went to work flatening and deburring with a small modeling file.

9.6V 4300mAh SC NiMH Battery Pack.

High capacity, fitted with standard “Tamiya” style connector on

very flexible, high current leads - 50A discharge capacity!

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/8vp4300sc-ht.html

the battery i might get what u lot think is it worth it or ill it be like the battery suplied with the gun

As I've mentioned before I have the 9.6V 2200mAh "nunchuck" battery from The Component Shop which fits very snugly in my Mk1. If you have a Mk1 or Para the 4300mAh battery you've listed will not fit, the battery compartment is not big enough. I say regards the Mk2 obviously as I've no idea how big the battery space is there.

could i push my luck with 14swg and remove the fuse because i heard that helps with the rof (or is itr a myth) all so as im heavy handed i wont beable to salvage the crimps any one no were i can get them ? i have looked but with no joy (im proberbly looking at somthing else )

It's a myth, the battery voltage is the deciding factor, the gauge of the wiring has no effect on that score. I've made no changes to my wiring and my fuse is still in place and the RoF is very good indeed with Component Shop's 9.6V battery around 800rpm at a rough estimate by my ear. Basically "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!"

:D

Edited by Tarnish
i need the wireing doing because scince ive put the ca motor in the wires get warm cuz there 18swg

Well there's great consistancy on A&K's part I see. My wiring is 16 AWG, seems we may have all got different sizes and I was lucky and got thicker stuff. Still in your position I'd still be tempted to see how the stock wire fares during use, any wire is going to get warm considering how we airsofters tend to abuse it.

:)

To those who Commented on my rant, I know these things have been out a while But believe me I was right. I had one for a few weeks recently and It broke for no accause within the 2nd day. And no I didnt heavily punish it or do anything i shouldn't with it. The trigger fell off, the box mag didn't feed, it was NOT a strong metal, the manual was absolute rubbish!, the MK2 stock wasn't reinforced and felt like I could crack it with my little finger (Literally). And it wasn't just my model that had these problems, about 4 other peoples ones I know did this. So do yourself a favour and don't buy this gun. spend it on something else thats the same amount of quality, Like a...plastic bag!

Edited by JonnyBerzerker6

I wasn't so much Telling anyone who currently has this gun that it's absolute heap of beeeep, but simply saying you could stretch a little (£200) more to buy a much more higher quality gun. Don't get me wrong, me and my 4 other "friends" Must have had dodgy copies, but as i know it, many people on the internet/forums are having lots of troubles too. It's just I truly hate these chinese copies. And untill one seriously nice gun comes out then i won't change my opinion frankly. But meh, at least on company had the balls to do it.