A&K M249 initial impressions

One guys bad luck surrounded by other people with bad luck but my gun continues to function with very few hic ups{occasional mis feed}.May be i'm having good luck like with my R85 & Unicorn AKS74U? :huh:

Edit: oh & my Dboys M4CQB-R :D

Edited by rolling-thunder
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jonny having looked at your profile to see you say you have a G&P M249 so I'm a little bemused as to why you would the fork out for an A&K M249 too. Anyway it does seem rather pointless you ranting at the rest of use who all in all are pretty happy with the A&K. Keep in mind too that a great many of us can't stretch that bit further to buy a more expensive M249, I'm afraid my mortgage and other sundry bills win. that battle! If it wasn't for A&K I wouldn't have a Minimi full stop.

You say a lot of people on other forums are having trouble too? I'm active on a number of other forums and to date I've only seen the same similar minor niggles that have made an appearance here on Arnie's mentioned. The majority of people seem pretty happy with it.

Ah well I hope you manage to solve your gripes with it, there's plenty of folks on here that would be willing to help if the info that has already been posted doesn't help you.

:)

Edited by Tarnish

in fact johnny i only have clones and they all work great i have m733 by jg works great had no probs with it a cmya ak47 the same fab gun a a&k m249 para box mag bit iffy but gun brill and a mp5 pdw by galaxy so i think you will find all these bloody chinese clones are not bad mate and if you dont like them dont buy them end of

Haha, calm down mate. Your going a bit off topic here now arn't you. If you lot are so interested in a debate of why I don't like chinese clones then PM me. As I stated, I am not mocking anyone who has these guns, I just personally hate the funking things, I had a bad experience with it and think there made very poorly for what the hype was expected to be back in early may/june when they got announced, end of.

I didn't nessercerily mean Arnies, I go on a lot forums e.g airsoft community, airsoft canada, airsoft ireland etc and believe me This gun isn't known for a good reputation. but whatever floats your boat, i suppose for some people this gun is a god send.

Well, I'm a member of other forums too, and as Tarnish said, apart from a few niggles there're no serious issues. Personally, I think you're just scare mongering. I own a CA and an A&K 249 and I can honestly say the A&K is well worth £200, especially if you're capable of greasing a gearbox and sorting out a hop bucking yourself

Well, I'm a member of other forums too, and as Tarnish said, apart from a few niggles there're no serious issues. Personally, I think you're just scare mongering. I own a CA and an A&K 249 and I can honestly say the A&K is well worth £200, especially if you're capable of greasing a gearbox and sorting out a hop bucking yourself

Well I suppose In one aspect I was being a bit harsh becuase to be honest I compared it to my G&P version and I couldn't find one thing Slightly better or in legue with the G&P one. I know I caused a lot of arguements to over what I posted but it's all opinion in airsoft and frankly i will stand firmly on what I think about chinese copies ( not just this A&K). yes this gun is better than the star but also a semi average gun for begginers who want to be a saw, although as I will say again not up to the quality of what I and many others expected. I will now stop posting on here becuase I'll most probably get banned from this topic or whatevs meh.

...but it's all opinion in airsoft and...

Erm, no.

Thing is, it ISN'T all opinion. When you say "the gun doesn'ty have adjustable sights" and it actually does it means.... you're wrong! :o

If you're wrong about FACTS it calls into question your opinion.

Get over it. :)

Erm, no.

Thing is, it ISN'T all opinion. When you say "the gun doesn'ty have adjustable sights" and it actually does it means.... you're wrong!  :o

If you're wrong about FACTS it calls into question your opinion.

Get over it. :)

Note that I Said that BEFORE I had the gun, it was my first impression. yeah My mistake I got it wrong But I didn't actually have the gun then so what good is that accusing me of something false. Your not very good at observing are you.

a semi average gun for begginers who want to be a saw,

Any chance you could tell me how a person can be a Squad Automatic Weapon...?

Beginners, well strangely enough I think beginners won't know what to do with the gun, really, also, @ 7KG (I think 7.5kg with battery and full mag), it is no beginners weapon! [Neither should they think about taking up the support gunner role]

On that score I have to agree with Gaffa that the A&K is anything BUT a beginners AEG. I've been playing airsoft for eight years and if I try to imagine myself in 1999 trying to get to grips with the Minimi I'm quite sure it wouldn't have been a pretty sight. I've owned and used AEGs by various manufacturers from TM, Classic Army and ICS for example so I have a fair range of experience. The A&K M249 certainly has its share of rough edges but having paid £200 for a clone where a CA249 would have cost at least twice that, I have to say that as far as I'm concerned the A&K is a great purchase. Even with the fact that it needs some work (which is part of the fun for me) it is a solid base to start from to produce a home tuned support weapon.

To tar all ACM AEGs with the same brush is rather short sighted, I also own an AGM MP40 which is in the same class as the A&K Minimi, cheap, a little rough perhaps but with fantastic potential.

:)

Edited by Tarnish

It seems maybe more down to the fact you aren't happy some of us only paid £200 for a support weapon, and are happy with what we got for the money. Perhaps a wiff of annoyance then that a £200 249 can perform largely on par (with a bit of work) to a much more expensive one if more in terms of performance not looks ? As above, I find tinkering and tuning more fun than actual use in some respects, it certainly provides me more hours of entertainment generally :P

Having also owned a wide range of manufacturer's aegs etc, I too would say while it is rough around the edges, obviously budget gets cut somewhere to make a £200 support weapon - it still really isn't that bad despite this. I'd also dispute tagging it as a beginners gun, just because it doesn't have the big price tag, materials and weight of a CA or G&P version.

Hey ho.

It'll certainly do the job for me and working on it to get it 100% up to where I want it to be is half the fun :D

i agree with shard i'm new to upgrading and thanks to all the peeps on hear i have done it. true its not on par with expensive makes but hay thats the joy of tampering in un known territory . i also have owned a few guns ics m16a2 ics ak74m tm aug tm mp5sd5 jg ak spetz and my ma8 has had a few ics m15 ics m4 ca aug.

in all truth its like any thing the more money you spend on something the better overall quality.

pc i need a place for spade connections as the locale rc model shop shut down last week for a referb and will be closed till after x mas

Hi,

fallout, you can get motor spade connectors form modelsport for £1.50/pr (wired) - don't know any airsoft shops that stock them tho' :)

slightly OT, but has anyone heard if Airsoft World has got their stock in yet. I know it was supposed to arrive yesterday, but I don't want to hassle them if someone else has spoken to them. Conversely, I don't want to wait in all day if mine isn't coming - I'll call them later if no-one posts.

Cheers :D

H.

Having only replaced the hop-up bucking and modded the box mag slightly I used my Para in an all day rolling game on Sunday. I am very happy to report that it performed most superbly :D

The box mag, since modded with only a couple of small spacers (fix as described on ASCUK) did not miss a single shot. The ROF was pretty good with a Component-Shop 9v mini and the range was excellent.

So far apart from the cost of the gun, I have spent a grand total of £13.74 (battery) sorting a couple of minor niggles out and its near enough perfect.

Personally I won't be spending any more on it unless something breaks. Very happy with my 249 :D

A&K M249 + 1 hour work= Kick *albatross* support weapon!

pa070171mediumym6.jpg

pa070159mediumqy1.jpg

oldsf8.jpg

Honestly with about 1 hours easy modifications this really is an awesome weapon, it's not even a project gun. The other mods I mentioned were to increase the over all potential. At the end of the day I only had 2 problems, hop up not working, 20 second fix, gear box not feeding 30 minute fix. sealing the cylinder 29.40 minute fix!

I would have to say that if you know your way around a gear box, want a support weapon , then get this.

Oh, and if you DO upgrade to a fast motor, reseal the cylinder head and replace the o-ring, only to find your gun doing a naughty fps, don't (I repeat) don't just bung in a TM spring and piston combo. I did for the hell of it (well, she was open anyway) and the gun went into Ludicrous Speed, bordering on Plaid*, then made a nice whizzy noise as the teeth on the piston disappeared. Most amusing but slightly silly, though in my defense I was going to remove the spring from the piston anyway.

*Spaceballs reference for those who don't get it

Oh, and if you DO upgrade to a fast motor, reseal the cylinder head and replace the o-ring, only to find your gun doing a naughty fps, don't (I repeat) don't just bung in a TM spring and piston combo. I did for the hell of it (well, she was open anyway) and the gun went into Ludicrous Speed, bordering on Plaid*, then made a nice whizzy noise as the teeth on the piston disappeared. Most amusing but slightly silly, though in my defense I was going to remove the spring from the piston anyway.

*Spaceballs reference for those who don't get it

I love destroying pistons. The looks people give you as you laugh insanely after your gun hits 60 rounds a second - 3600rpm - and continue cackling as your piston disintegrates...

It's brilliant.

Haven't seen that film for so long, well today I was on the way home and was unable to escape the epic gravitation pull of the local airsoft shop, Im suprised Yokohama is still on the map.

I had to buy the following to give me enough epic win to escape:

PGC gearbox

Systema High speed Gear set

System Cylinder and Piston set

Systema Magnum High speed motor

I was lucky to escape with my life.

along with some other toys for other bits and peices.

as i'm not well on modding

will this be ok

1 m100 spring

ca high speed motor

battery on order 9.6v 2200 nuckel

and the wirering i'm changing that to 16 its 18 at the mo

oh and systema gear grease

all i need to do now is find the write up to fix the mag miss feed before i take it to my next game (my hopup is fine) just need the expert edvice from u guys

ps cant find them spade connections on that site any chance of a direct link

OK then, M249's at ASW, should be coming in Monday. Pretty p**... off with that fact actually, they were in the UK on wednesday, but still haven't been delivered to the shop! Ludicrous.

Anyways, expect either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to receive [either version of] the M249. Any later than that and I think I should complain personally - site has not even been updated to tell people about the further delay!

But that's probably just me and my bit**y attitude. Sorry!