Classic army XM177E2

This is really an addendum to my CA M15a1 Vietnam review, because the 2 guns differ only in minor detail. That review can be found here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=106538

Pics will follow when I get a decent camera on the go.

The only differences really are the folding stock, shorter barrel, short 2-piece foregrip and the flash hider.

Yes, that means the poor quality paint finish is still there. In several places it looks brushed on, and uneven where angles meet. Not an issue for me, but it might bother others. The pain, despite being an attempt at matt grey, is a little too shiny.

The stock is lighter and a little more flimsy than Id expected. While nowhere near as shoddy as the only other folding stock I have experience with (a DBoys M4 one), it doesnt feel as firm as Id hoped. But it locks into place and moves solidly, if a little too free for my liking.

The barrel isnt greatly shorter than the VN...in fact the entire gun is only 17cm shorter with the stock extended. A bit bigger than I thought it was, but no matter.

The foregrip was the recipient of much bad language. The battery sits in there of course but the delta ring isnt a tapered design like my A2 and has a MUCH stronger spring. Holy heck its hard to pull back. You really need 2 hands to do it while someone else slips the foregrip in!

Finally the flash hider. I dont know whether this is a letdown or not, because it screws on OK...but none of the holes align with the firing line of the gun. Theyre off at a random angle. Im not sure if the real gun had the vent holes line up in any particular place or not...but Im guessing that they werent off on a skew. And theres no grub screw to tighten to hold it in any particular place...you just have to screw it on till it stops.

Now heres the buff for me. I want to make an M635...which means removing the flashhider and putting on a birdcage type. But the barrel goes halfway into the flash hider so that wont work unless I geta shorter barrel! Ah well a minor point that only really affects me.

So to summarise its features:

- 363mm barrel

- M4 style folding stock

- A1 style body (grey colour, no bullet deflector)

- commando foregrip (requires nunchuck or 'V' shape battery)

- long-*albatross* flash hider

- VN magazine

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Damnit, Im addicted to this gun!

It sounds awesome, really well-sealed gearbox. Chronos a hop-off 327 average as stock. Speed on a 9.6v battery is impressive but not so fast as to be idiotic. Ive never had a front-wire before and the gun pivots well on the front hand to make it well manouverable.

Im really impressed :)