any chance of them making just the frame as a product by its self.

i have had a chance to look at these hands on. they look and sound great. but i was put off by the fact that the brace is pretty much riveted together leaving for a difficult/expensive repair if and when needed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. Experienced users have no real reason for using this anyway, they may as well use manual shimming and gearing. Should be cheaper too, right? But a mechbox n00b like me is avoiding a lot of hassle by using the modular gear set, so I can concentrate on the cylinder area and such.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Can anyone tell me what the quality are like in comparison to Prometheus gear?

I'm talking about the Modify brand as a whole, not the gearset in particulary.

Mainly because I like my gearboxes easy to maintain, reliable and durable as I am not a mechanic and am a bit afraid to do something wrong even now when I've done a few maintenances.

ZMarre: If all is good then you may expect a list of Modifyparts I like to order. I hope your shopowner can get the whole Modify catalogue? ^^'

I know I ask much... But I have so much just to get repared...

ty

Modify makes decent parts, their gearsets (outside of the preassembled ones) are just ok, nothing particularly special. I believe prometheus gears are manufactured a little better than the modify ones.

Having said that, i love the rest of the modify line of parts. Their cylinders, piston heads, anti reversal latches, nozzles, tappets etc are all top notch.

Modify makes decent parts, their gearsets (outside of the preassembled ones) are just ok, nothing particularly special. I believe prometheus gears are manufactured a little better than the modify ones.

Having said that, i love the rest of the modify line of parts. Their cylinders, piston heads, anti reversal latches, nozzles, tappets etc are all top notch.

Meh, s ok then. I'll Just take Modify for most of my internal upgrades for their easyness to use.

Thanks! :)

I have just upgraded two version 3 gearboxes with this, and I love it. I am experienced at shimming gears, and I would much prefer to use this set. It makes taking the gearbox apart and putting it back together a dream. Best of all the tappet plate slips under the harness, keeping it from jumping out of it's groove.

• 2 months later...

sorry to bump this thread up but i thought i'd share the two videos that WGC has done about the Torque, Speed & Top gear sets

Title:

Modify Modular Gear Set

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Title: Test - Mi-Nh / Li-Po / Modify Gear Set (Custom) (*side note* Custom being some mods to the gears and piston)

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Warning