anyone know where to get these from in the UK or even HK ? cant seem to find them

As FarEast wrote in his review, they're not in retail yet ;)...

Nice piece of kit though, if they make a V3-version, my G36 might just need some new gears/piston/etc. :D

Best Regards :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link?

I spoke to the guys at Modify who tell me they have no distributors within Hong Kong and none in the U.K, I've been unable to find these anywhere in the U.K and the European distributors won't sell to me in less I buy in bulk.

The post I made a few days back,

This was the exact same question I wanted to know a few days ago. After emailing them it turns out that they have no distributors within Hong Kong, there are a few places online based in the US that sell a range of Modify parts.

Here is their European distributor list which i got through today from them, they all look like wholesale to me but it might be worth asking them if they'll sell direct to the consumer. Failing that I was told by Modify that if these places won't sell to you then you can order direct from Modify. They also have some new 'Full tune up kits' at what seem like very reasonable prices.

Distributor list:

1) Italy: Tactical & Technology, website: www.tacticaltechnology.it, Email: sales@tacticaltechnology.it and their number is (+39)0331734205.

2) Belgium: Airsoft Assist, website: www.airsoftassist.eu. Email: info@airsoftassist.eu

3) Finland: PCB-Comp Oy, website: www.pcb-airsoft.com, Email: mika.mikkola@pcb-comp.com

4) Germany: StormTec, website: www.stormtec.com, Email: fthurner@stormtec.com

Sniperairguns, website: www.sniperairguns.de, Email: info@sniperairguns.de

There full tune up kits are around the $130 mark, at least i think it's in dollars.

Note: I do not work for Modify in anyway :P

Edited by Hvy gear
I know a guy, shopowner, who has close connections with airsoftassist. If you want me to, I might look to order a set for you.

Thanks for the offer but Beast06 has sent me details on where to possibly get hold of Modify parts in the U.K and Modify themselves are willing to sell to me direct so i think I'm sorted.

A quick note to those who can't seem to get hold of them, if you email Modify direct then they should be willing to sell you a few parts direct with payment via PayPal.

Now the next part was probably the easiest thing I have ever done when building a modified gear box (Pun not intended!) and that was to insert all the gears. It was a simple task of dropping the gear chassis into the bushings….done!

Now on a version 2 Marui gear box this was no problem along with a G&G and ICS, but on other gear boxes such as the JG, Echo1 and JLS where a lot of the time the holes made for the bushings are not aligned for standard gears, so how can you get this to fit?

Modular gear set -

Can anyone else confirm that these will work in an ICS V2 gearbox?

Edited by Gigueand
  • 2 weeks later...
I just want to say that the 7mm version does NOT work with the CA gearbox.

It does work with CA Ver. 3 gearbox, but not work with CA Ver.2 Gearbox. It also works with JG, echo 1 Ver.2/Ver.3 gearbox. Just do not install the 2 pieces of stainess buses for the Bevel Gear (or Spur Gear) when use on JG, echo1 gearbox. It's not effect on the performance. This is because that there are 2 kinds of bushes in the modular gear set:

1) tempered stainless bushes ---- with double grooves, Material: Stainless steel / Thermal Treatment

The tempered stainless bushes are fixed to the bracket as a part of modular gear set (it is not rotated together with the gear shaft). This features its accuracy to allow the gears running more smooth.

2) stainless bushes ---- Material: Stainless steel

The stainless bushes should be installed on the gearbox case to hold the gear set. There is no friction between gear set and stainless bushes when gears working.