Hello from Japan

Twitch

they got (we got actually) hello kitty:

toasters (that burn a kitty face into your slice of bread, only to be covered by beans if sold in this country, thats why the international campaign was ditched...)

anything you can use in the bedroom...

incl (thanks to my mate's girlfriend for the info)

jammies

bed linen stuff

slippers

vibes

hair accessories

stationary stuff

mobile phone covers

luggage (as in bags, and suitcases)

computer accessories like mouse/mat, printer etc

i'll drop Sanrio a line, to ask about the samurai kitten range then ;)

if you've got a bit of free time... try the computer arcades. Find the newest games, and weird stuff that'll never be released outside asia.

one warning though... they don't have many bins in the streets of japan. It's THAT clean... :blink: honest

Hello all :) Japan is indeed a lovely country, I can understand why so many gaijin come out here and never leave. I`ll see about some photos, but the machines I connect through seem to have defunct cd drives at the moment. I am feeling particularly chuffed at the moment though, having saved over a hundred notes on a new digicam.

Panties in vending machines... to the best of my knowledge aren`t sold any more, as the original ones were shut down under some obscure antiques trading law, and the gov`t have recently brought in new laws specifically against that sort of thing, so I wouldn`t book the flight just yet ;)

I`ve yet to find the airsoft shops, but I`ve had a browse through some very fine airsofting magazines, with all manner of random and wierd bits and bobs inside.

Oh, and we had a typhoon hit a few days ago, which was an experience to say the least.

Congratulations Twitch on your year long stay there. :D Japan is a wonderful place indeed. Subways are by far the cleanest I ve seen and the people are nice. I think I know why the crime rate is so low. On a recent visit, July 04, to Japan I saw this cop on a bike, stop nearby a double parked van. The cop looked in the van and then started to look for the driver. He went to a few stores and asked numerous people if that was their van. The driver came out and said sorry and I think the cop gave him a warning. A warning!? :angry: Its never like that in NYC. You double park, you get a ticket, no warning, no nothing.

Archived