KWA Releasing Lithium Polymer Ready AEG

orca

KM4A1-PressPhoto-1.jpg

Rosemead, CA – August 20, 2007 – KWA USA today announced it is in the final stages of releasing it’s first Lithium Polymer (LiPo) ready AEG, the KWA KM4A1 Carbine. The new AEG was engineered specifically to take full advantage of today’s advanced battery technology and provide airsoft enthusiasts with the experience of absolute performance.

Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries provide higher capacity and superior performance surpassing the more commonly available Nickel Cadium (NiCd) and Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMh) batteries. However, using the LiPo power source requires the highest quality of internal components. To handle the extra power of LiPo batteries, the KM4A1 is equipped with a reinforced metal gearbox utilizing KWA’s exclusive 8 and 9 mm ball bearing bushing combination and case hardened, precision metal gear sets. Heavy duty springs and high-torque motors are matched for optimum results. High-grade metal alloy are used for the production of the upper and lower receivers. The KWA KM4A1 is capable of firing more than 20 rounds per second and well over 400 feet per second when powered by an 11.1v Lithium Polymer battery.

The decision to develop LiPo-Ready products came after the successful introduction of KWA’s high performance AEG, the KG36C. Positive feedbacks and overwhelming demands from the industry accelerated the engineering of an AEG capable of utilizing the LiPo power source. The KWA KM4A1 will be released in the US in mid September 2007 and will only be available through KWA USA Authorized Resellers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that didn't take long....

Anyway, I got first hand experience with the pre-production model last week. It fires on Lipo 11.1v /w long burst and FPS is at 424 steady. Very impressive.

Here are a few pics...

IMG_8832-vi.jpg

IMG_8833-vi.jpg

IMG_8837-vi.jpg

IMG_8839-vi.jpg

IMG_8841-vi.jpg

IMG_8846-vi.jpg

IMG_8847-vi.jpg

I haven't got a chance to open up the inside but they said it's fully re-enforced and they have already tested the box with a m150 spring. And there are no noticeable ware over few thousands of round.

Very awesome Orca, sounds like a nice concept. Pray tell, do you know if it has proper trades? I'm assuming not from KWA, but it would be a definite boon to the overall sucess of this product.

EDIT: looks like Allizard beat me to it and posted some nice pictures. Is that a metal body or plastic? I assume you shot it, how are the hopups?

Yes I took the pictures. I got invited to the Rosemead office few days ago. The preproduction model have no trades. And he said they don't plan to put any on the metal receiver.

I can't give you a 100% answer on the compatiabiltiy, but going with my previous experience with KWA G36c gearbox. I am willing to bet it 100% compatible. However, why would you care of compatibility anyway? The gearbox is build solid and with quality parts. And I believe KWA is planning to have a long warranty period for it's gearbox.

Hopup is a two piece design like Marui. Range wise I can see the bb travel over 50 yards. And I get a effective range with a less than 3" grouping without any assist at over 50 feet. Not the best result but bear in mind it's only a pre-production model. I can't wait to see the final product.

Do you think no trades even with a metal body will limit its appeal?

Or will the price point make up for the lack of realism? Perhaps they could use a local source to offer laser-etched 'personalized' trades?

Or is the lipo the major draw here..... :huh:

Is there any word on whether these will be available as drop-in replacement gearboxes as well as coming in their AEGs? I certainly hope so as these sound like solid mechboxes for any application. It would be nice to see another drop in gearbox set up like the Systema line out there. Grab the mechbox for your type of AEG and it comes with the selector plate already installed and what have you. Could be real nice. I would so buy them provided their price point was right.

Now it's gotten harder. It used to be "well, I could get the KWA g36c for the kickass gearbox, or a G&P cause I like M4's"

I would leap and dance in joy if they came out with a m16a4. May I be one of the first to say that the lack of new products on the Marui front is a darn good thing.

The option of a spare "bomb proof" gearbox is the interesting part, metal or plastic is non relevant for me, really a very good news if they finally read these forums like other manufacturers and sellers do and decide going with the "spares"

Wow, look at the reinforcing on the front of the gearbox by the cylinder window...thats impressive.

For some strange reason it almost resembles the MThaynes reinforced cnc'd gearbox because of the squaring off of the portion of the gearbox where the piston guide rails are.

Can someone shed some light on how the gun hinges open? Please please please tell me it doesnt use metal tabs...

Man, 424 fps is quite hot, down here in florida we generally try not to take our guns over the 350 fps limit. Just like the newer batches of JG guns, we are going to have to downgrade them right out of the box.

Decreasing the power like that means you're also going to get an rof boost lol...my god. Im surprised that a manufacturer is releasing a high speed gun given their notorious lack of longterm durability.

The top receiver have metal tabs. And I did specifically ask will the wire handle 11.1v. I was told KWA have tested with 11.1v in Taiwan of over 10,000 rd and all the internal have no signs of any wears. The trigger assembly and the wires are fine and nothing seem over heated. That's certainly good news. But I would like to test the gun myself just to be sure... heheh...

At the moment KWA have no plans to sell the gearbox as a dropin but that doesn't mean never. And I believe if the gun is successful they will consider it.

Oh.. there is one thing I must mention. the M4 does have a two piece outer barrel design. However, it's re-enforced and it's similar to ICS. The outer barrel looks like it's treaded inside and also with 4 set screws. to lock on the barrel. I would still preferred a one piece design thou.

I hope they change it to one piece on final production.

Im not really a fan of that two piece hopup either.

The metal tabs on the reciever also make me want to cry.

How realistically dimensioned is the body compared to ones feature a sliding system, ie the upper slides off of the lower?

Archived