KWA Releasing Lithium Polymer Ready AEG

orca

They're usually thin and they break easily.

Also, in order to make the tabs beefy so that they wont bend and break you usually have to make the body wider in order to allow the tabs to slide into the lower without bending.

I already have enough trouble coming to grips with the unrealistically dimensioned AEG's that we all know and love, so if the kwa is even wider than normal i wont be buying it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Older CA receivers had stamped steel tabs as a separate part, and the outer dimensions of this tilting receiver were the same as any other AEG.

If you want realistic dimensions and a tilting takedown, you have no options besides the PTW.

-Sale

I also had several of my buddies crack those tabs clean off. Whether it was mishandling on the part of the end user or inferior construction of the metal i dont know.

Im not looking for 1:1 scale with a real m16 since thats currently impossible with the current generation of fairly priced AEG's. :rolleyes:

The top receiver have metal tabs.  And I did specifically ask will the wire handle 11.1v.  I was told KWA have tested with 11.1v in Taiwan of over 10,000 rd

so guys! KWA has confirmed the gun will work for /one day/ of retarded lipo rate of fire scrimishing

CHEERS!

Honestly, who fires 10k rounds a day?

That's a shot count that would necessitate changing certain parts in real firearms.

-Sale

real firearms dont fire dozens of rounds per second with a percent of them going off course and have magazines that hold hundreds to thousands. Then again your the dude that doesnt believe in building manufactured weakness into guns to stop people from doing stupid things that'll get our sport banned.

real firearms dont fire dozens of rounds per second with a percent of them going off course and have magazines that hold hundreds to thousands.

It's true, you couldn't even carry that amount of ammunition in real life.

But even when I think of the days when I even had one hicap in my kit (+ all the regular magazines) and used the AEG as a BB hose, I could barely reach 2000 rounds for a day of skirmishing. So saying 10k BBs is a day's worth of ammo is a bit strange to me.

Then again your the dude that doesnt believe in building manufactured weakness into guns to stop people from doing stupid things that'll get our sport banned.

You know very well that building a "manufactured weakness" does not stop a person from building an 800 fps airsoft gun. Even if it did, we still have people saying these things can be converted to fire real ammo.

It doesn't matter what the technical specs of these products are when it comes to banning the sport, because the idea of banning it relies on people knowing as little as possible about what these things actually are. Having ignorant people spread rumours about Digicons (such as ready CO2-capability and so on) is just as bad as having MAG on the other side doing pretty much the same. I blame this kind more for the damage to our sport than any manufacturer ever.

-Sale

That's a shot count that would necessitate changing certain parts in real firearms.

-Sale

I've hit 6000 in one day with just 2 highcaps and i could easily hit 10k+ if needed to, i'd say 10k is 1 - 2 days of skirmishing tbh, very small amount. When KWA test it to 80k+ then we'll talk long term reliability.

Wow. You guys are really making tons of frags, or then you're just wasting BBs.

I didn't mean to say 10k is impressive for an AEG, just arguing whether that count is a typical one day's shot count or not. Tokyo Marui recommends to swap wearing parts every 30k rounds, but they can actually reach 200k without maintenance, as long as they are ran with the specified battery and no upgrades.

-Sale

I didn't mean to say 10k is impressive for an AEG, just arguing whether that count is a typical one day's shot count or not. Tokyo Marui recommends to swap wearing parts every 30k rounds, but they can actually reach 200k without maintenance, as long as they are ran with the specified battery and no upgrades.

holding a position against dozens of enemies with a supressing gun that lets you reload quickly you can rack up a TON of ammo fired in a very short time. Unlike an actual firearm you need to put alot of bb's down in an area to really suppress someone to the point they dont want to pop up and take a look.

TM's pivot too... You don't have to have a split gearbox to do so and it's the way its' been since TM intially released their first M16.

Yeah, but TMs have plastic or metal reinforced plastic recievers which can flex to get around the cylinder/piston assembly.

Does this metal flex? If not, then how does it get around the top half of the gearbox?

In terms of durability this is exactly what id like to see coming from manufacturers.

In terms of performance minus the hopup, this is the exact opposite that i would like to see coming from manufacturers.

-Sale

That's the great thing about airsoft:

I love cqb with a pumpaction, maybe 100 rounds for a 3 hour sesh..................the bloke next to me doesn't think he's had a night out unless he's put 6000 rounds through his g36 in the same period. :huh:

Don't ya just love diversity? Not every one is into the mill sim one shot one kill thing.

Live & let live.

Greg.

You can see quite easily why hardly anyone from the UK is posting in this thread. Importing this into the UK falls under the same penalty as importing a real AK47.

With 20RPS at that power, I'm starting to see that this is a good thing. :P

I know that comment was tongue in cheek and I'm not offended. But having known someone who was found in a car, as full of bullet holes as his car was, I find that comparing a slightly more powerful toy gun to an actual assault rifle is ridiculous to say the least. With this I mean your legislation, not you personally.

When you can get the same penalty for importing a TOY gun as a real one... Something is really wrong.

Greg: As I explained afterwards, I was only saying that 10k rounds isn't the common daily usage. To those who mocked KWA for testing the mechanism "only" for that amount.

-Sale

When you can get the same penalty for importing a TOY gun as a real one... Something is really wrong.

I didn't mean that I'm glad our country's laws are messed up, I'm just glad that I won't be seeing that airsoft gun (at least at that power) at any sites soon. Our legislation is, in fact, a complete load of bull. That's what you get when your government has no one in power who has any practical experience with anything, sadly.

Archived