CYMA CM032 M14 teaser pics and mini-review

Here's a brief teaser for the new CYMA M14, which arrived today, courtesy of Keith at RSOV. It's the newest and best M14 out from China, with a lot of nice features.

23117331253.jpg

Here's the full gun:

23117331558.jpg

The faux wood is much nicer than the UTG/Kart, with less glare, and the heatshield is matte instead of shiny. It also boasts a metal gas tube, better finish than the AGM, and a full metal buttplate, without that annoying shiny plastic like on the UTG:

23117331362.jpg

The magazine appears to be a different size than the Kart, but the Kart mag fits in nicely.

23117331569.jpg

The front sight is more detailed, with the center adjustment dial being capable of being turned, and the rear sight is also fully adjustable, and looks much better than the Kart.

Only downside is that it doesn't come with a scope mount.

It does come with a FULL TM cloned v.7 gearbox with small spur gears, and looks to be fully upgradeable. And, it also comes with a stock tightbore, which appears to be in between 6.03mm and 6.04mm in diameter. It's looking very nice so far, more to come when I get the battery charged.

-edit-

Okay, performance is really good, much better than the UTG/Kart or AGM. The tightbore seems to have good tolerances, and I don't have any trouble hitting small targets at 100 feet. I can hit 10/10 shots on pop cans with the iron sights, which I've zeroed with .2's. The gearbox is quiet and sounds like it's well shimmed, and holds up well under full auto. It's a bit louder than I would like--to date the JG MP5 is probably the quietest gearbox I've heard, but it's probably a hair better than the AGM, with much better finish than either of the clones out. Plus, this is a full TM clone, with TM compatible hopup and inner barrel.

TM and Kart magazines both feed great, as does the stock magazine.

Edited by crimsonfalcon07
woot been looking for reviews on clone m14s and m14 socoms and this is great :D would love to have an indepth review tho but i guess u can't have it all xD

I will be doing a full review, this is just a teaser to answer your preliminary questions while I test the gun.

Got a couple Q's if you don't mind:

1. How do you know that the barrel is a tightbore?

2. Is the frontsight/flashider metal painted orange or orange plastic?

3. Any idea on how many rounds the mag holds?

PS - Wrong section.

1. I used some calipers to measure it. I checked because it was reported to be a tightbore on gunner.

2. It's metal, it doesn't originally come orange painted, I just had RSOV paint it orange for US customs. He painted a little more than I had expected...

3. I have no idea yet, it's a hi-cap, and I didn't want to count them out one by one quite yet. I'll get you more exact numbers later.

I'm doing a video review on this too, which will be finished soon.

To answer a few Qs - the tightbore is nicely crowned and is a 6.04mm.

The Gearbox is a 100% clone of the TM. Metal bushings as stock.

The hop-up is godly, as is the accuracy. With the irons dailed in I can hit a McD ketchup packet every time at 10m.

Nope, nothing on the receiver at all.  In fact, I don't think it even says CYMA anywhere on the gun.  Darklite, you know if CYMA is going to do the EBR also?

i second that, just found out what EBR means and why they did it :blush: thought it looked odd tbh but now its not odd, its now practical i wanna have 3 moscart lauchers on it, DMR come 3 shot hail storm of doom gun :blink:

EDIT: i was watching a vid on the EBR and they said you could change the pistol grip and stock with a M870 shotgun stock, any ideas if this would fit in place of the normal EBR stock im having a day dream of what it could look like :blush:

Edited by Coolz10uk2003
Nope, nothing on the receiver at all.  In fact, I don't think it even says CYMA anywhere on the gun.  Darklite, you know if CYMA is going to do the EBR also?

They might - but atm all that's confirmed from CYMA is the SOCOM, and then most likely a P90 that isn't *beep* like the R-9.

KART, however, are doing an EBR.

If anyone knows, could they please answer: How does the price of the CYMA compare to the AGM/KART's? In the States, both of the current clones are about $125 dollars shipped, but getting it from rsov is significantly more expensive? Will the price match more evenly once it starts getting into US shops?

I just heard that the CYMA M14 has reversed polarity just like the AGM and I think KART. Can anyone confirm this?

the Kart does not, and the CMYA from what i read does not and tbh none of there other AEGs have reversed polarity so why should they make one with reversed polarity?

so i reckon some ones pulling your leg and trying to put u off these

Nope, it's standard polarity. It's the AGM that has reversed polarity. Kart and CYMA both are standard.

Full review completed. I also did a video review, but it's too big to upload to youtube, sadly, so I need to edit it down.

23521173740.jpg

http://groups.google.com/group/asgar/web/a...n-rifle-reviews

Edited by crimsonfalcon07
  • 1 month later...