AGM or KART M14 Socom?

eXtract

Hello :) I've been searching around for some cheapo-airsofts and found 2 of them - the AGM M14 Socom and the KART M14 Socom.

I have heard good and bad things about both the brands (reviews, forums etc.), but i just cant decide wich is the better one. Have in mind that this would be my first airsoft gun, and im hoping to stick to it...

So now i wonder wich would be the better brand for the M14 Socom.

KART or AGM? :blink:

If any of you have one, your welcome to write a little review or how you like it so far :)

The 2 models...

AGM M14 Socom (Does anyone know if this one is available in black?)

gun_0121.jpg

KART M14 Socom

gun_0104.jpg

Thanks, guys - and happy posting ;)

and M14 is tooo short for the search, and it would be helpful if you could link him to some instead of ripping his head off

imho kart cause it really looks like Echo rebranded the Kart one for there m14 socom theres a review on you tube about the Echo one by Airsoft Review found

(thats part one theres part two there aswell)

also cause AGM has that funny wireing thingy dunno if they still do it tho

edited my post above, they had reverse wireing i think im not too sure if that was this issue, so when u used a diff battery it would kill it self or something I'll have to have a look throu the reviews for the AGMs

also just seen this

CYMA wil release the SOCOM clone soon.

EDIT: quote from airsoft scotland/airsoft world

Please note - for reasons best known to AGM, the polarity on the wiring in these guns is the opposite of 'normal' guns. This isn't a problem if you're using the battery & charger supplied, but if you want to use a different large battery you will have to reverse the polarity of the wiring. Follow this link for a detailed guide to doing this. Please note - we strongly recommend changing the polarity at the plug & not at the motor.

but this was for the AGM M14 so im not too sure if they have still used this on the M14 socoms or just for the M14

sorry if that sounds confusing

i got the full size agm last week...my wiring was okay...so they may have fixed the plug switch issue on the battery and the aeg.

edit: agm used to have the polarity wrong, so when you went to charge the battery using anything other then their charger it busted the battery (apparently). the aeg also had the polarity switched. the way you fixed it was to take off the aeg battery connector and swap it around and do the same on the battery. as i said mine did not have this issue...so it maybe something the newer models have fixed.

well i cant compare it to a kart so i cant really comment on that but the agm i was quite suprised at the quality of it. no mold line plastic flashing worth talking about, lots of metal. it is heavy, i played with it for about 2 hours and you notice the difference between that an an m4. it fires on auto like a slighty slower m4 (to my ears anyways). its well put together, no rattles, well the odd one from the plastic handguard when something hits it obviously. i skirmished with mine last saturday and i was impressed with it. it required only a small tweak on the hopup, but then again dont they all at some stage. the hicap works very well, no issues there at all, except its a hicap....which i absolutely despise with religious zeal. like most ACM's the charger, and strap are something i dumped. the battery is okay but you might want to consider a replacement as it nicd, and i just think nimh are easier, well for me anyways (actually maybe the battery was the reaosn for the differences in rof..thats something to check this weekend). it is a good idea on the socom model because the m14 (and all of them) is more like a lance used in jousting its that big...this is a looonnng aeg..the other thing (not sure about the socom model) but the kart comes with a scope rail, the agm does not, it has the screw hole for a scope tho...then again sniper scope on an socom, maybe not...

i am not a big m14 person, got it because i always liked them and would not spend 300 or so dollars on one as i will use it when the mood hits me...bottom line, would i buy it again...yes i would...

one final thing...i have a thread on midcaps for the aeg you might want to read regardless of which you pick...some of the arnies experts here were kind enough to give me a heads up on the whole mid cap issue..

actually thats a good point...the cyma one is apparently more tm compatible...but i dont think it does a socom model yet..

They will, soon.

The CYMA M14 has a tightbore as stock, Metal bushings as stock, and pretty much rapes the AGM and KART in every way.

They will, soon.

The CYMA M14 has a tightbore as stock, Metal bushings as stock, and pretty much rapes the AGM and KART in every way.

That and CYMA has a pretty good reputation for putting out relyable guns...(O god, the world might end! I'm sure the airsoft community never saw a day when a Marui Fanboy like me would say that...)

How do,

I have the full size AGM M14, and I can't complain about it. The wiring fix on my mine took five minutes to do. The magazines where a bit of a pain, but again a sort job.

I run Maui and King Arms (With slight modification) Mid caps.

Its been a decent AEG being my first chinese AEG, I have been impressed enough to go for the Army R85A1 that did not disapoint.

Go AGM in my mind mate.

Cheers

Rich

And CYMA is mine.

Seriously guys, I've played with all three, and the CYMA just rapes them all, in almost every single way.

1) The AGM has dodgy wiring that needs to be fixed.

2) The CYMA does not.

3) The AGM and KART use specific parts in the Gearbox.

4) The CYMA uses TM-spec parts.

5) The AGM and KART use non-TM M14 style hop-ups and inner barrels.

6) The CYMA uses a TM style hop-up and has a 6.04mm TIGHTBORE AS STANDARD.

7) The AGM and KART have plastic bushings as standard, and are greased and shimmed horribly.

8) The CYMA has metal bushings as standard, is greased and shimmed perfectly and has a much better RoF.

9) The CYMA is MUCH more accurate than almost ALL stock AEGs, and will make an excellent counter-sniper rifle or DMR out of the box.

10) AGM and KART can't use TM/G&P/KA mags without modding them.

11) CYMA can use all TM/G&P/KA mags without mods.

12) Many TM M14 parts will not fit the KART or AGM M14s.

13) Anything that fits the TM, fits the CYMA.

Archived