11yr old shot dead in Liverpool

5thElement

Just seen this on the news...

An 11-year-boy has died after being shot in the neck in the Croxteth area of Liverpool, police said.

The incident happened shortly after 1930 BST in the car park of the Fir Tree public house on Fir Tree Drive.

A witness said the victim was with two other boys when someone rode past on a bicycle and fired three shots, one of which hit the boy.

He was rushed to Alder Hey Hospital but police later confirmed that he had died from his injuries.

Officers are at the scene and police are treating the shooting as a major incident. No-one has yet been arrested in connection with the shooting.

A spokesman for North West Ambulance Service said: "We treated an 11-year-old with serious gunshot wounds."

He added a bullet had hit the boy in his neck leaving him in a critical condition.

The boy was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6959562.stm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other news...

When will this government wake up and realise that rottweilers, pittbulls and dobermans are worthless breeds and ban their ownership?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6959146.stm

Oh...and this place is within sight of my house :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/6959051.stm

In other news...

When will this government wake up and realise that rottweilers, pittbulls and dobermans are worthless breeds and ban their ownership?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6959146.stm

They are not worthless breeds. This is the fault of the owner not the breed of dog. Your statement is along the same lines of something I read on another board I frequent 'black people are just naturally criminals'.

Watch with your vicious generalisations there Guzzi.

Wait this is in liver pool isn't it?

Doesn't ANYONE remember the say'You can't polish shi.......

Even with the rejuvination project that's going on there's always will be 'gangstas' even in mosside there's shootings that is happening.

Also while the leader of the conservative is mislabeling Anarchy with actually just kids/idoits on the streets.

so in essence while party leaders/members sensatialise like the media. *beep* like this is DRASTIC.

I didn't mean it to come across as an attack accusing you of racism. I meant it as an attack on sweeping generalisations like something being bad by nature rather than external influences. I apologise.

It is not routine. The fact that they were once bred as fighting dogs is neither here nor there (dobermans are hunting dogs anyway). You will find that most of these dogs that maul people are trained to be aggressive by their owner as some form of status symbol (not saying that's what your friend did).

Edit: spelling

TBH you two, it's the fundamental argue between Psycolagists and sociolagists. (Spelling on both please) Is it nature or nurture? TBH I believe it's both, that their are breeds of dogs (like there are some humans to others) that are more naturally aggresive then others. But at the same time if that animal/human has been brought up in an 'aggresive' back ground then they themself will become aggresive.

[edit] Also it's the same with spelling. Seeming it took me 3 years what an average 16 year old should of done >: /

Just seen this on the news...

An 11-year-boy has died after being shot in the neck in the Croxteth area of Liverpool, police said.

The incident happened shortly after 1930 BST in the car park of the Fir Tree public house on Fir Tree Drive.

A witness said the victim was with two other boys when someone rode past on a bicycle and fired three shots, one of which hit the boy.

He was rushed to Alder Hey Hospital but police later confirmed that he had died from his injuries.

Officers are at the scene and police are treating the shooting as a major incident. No-one has yet been arrested in connection with the shooting.

A spokesman for North West Ambulance Service said: "We treated an 11-year-old with serious gunshot wounds."

He added a bullet had hit the boy in his neck leaving him in a critical condition.

The boy was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6959562.stm

Gun control works wonders again.

Every news network is full of *beep*, really. You just have to find the one that has less of it. One thing I don't get about the media, is that they're in it for the money, not the truth of the story. So, if they're in it for the money, then who pays them? I sure as hell don't.

Archived