Grooves on ParaOrd P14

FUmiYAsu

Hi,

I am still wanting to get some grooves on my para. But this time I plan to do both the front ones and rear ones so it doesn't look weird..

I am trying to get these:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...rame%20For%20WA

but these grooves designed by ParaOrd are sort of in a semi-circular shape and I have no idea what their dimensions are. Would anyone with one of these slides mind doing some measurements for me?

thanks

FUmiYAsu,

According to my measurements, the Para freeform serrations are:

• Ridges 1.75mm wide
  • Grooves 3.75mm wide
  • Ridge angle -40 degrees left / 40 degrees right @ width 0.60mm

Say hello to my S14-45 :)

s14-45.jpg

Still waiting for Carbon Creations-grips...

M.

hi Marus..thanks for the measurements, just that I still need the measurements I labelled "?" in the below pic. It's a cross sectional view of the grooves, basically i still need the depth of the grooves and how they are cut into it...it's probably quite hard to measure those accurately but do give it a try if you don't mind....

thanks

nice para btw

Sorry I forgot to attach the pic

also, I just found out that some 1911's have long recoil spring rod while some have short, does anyone know whether the S14 has long or short in real steel?

the thing thou now, as I found that laser engraving will probably cost me £50 to 60 which means that I could in fact buy a new slide from Hong Kong...althou it means that it won't have my signature on it... :P

Archived