US Export Marushin 8mm Rifles Released

orca

The hottest 2 models from Marushin are now IN STOCK!  The Marushin 8mm Gas Powered M1 Garand and M2 Carbine!

These latest Gas Powered rifles from Marushin are now HFC22a Super Power Green Gas Compatible!  Marushin has redesigned their M1 Garand and M2 Carbine for the US Market, and is exclusively imported by Spartan Imports. 

The M1 Garand and M2 Carbine are 8mm Gas Power models and feature real wood.  They look and feel authentic and were some of the most popular Airsoft guns we have exhibited at our booth for the past year!

They shoot hard. Probably too hard to mention here due to fps limits, but more info from Airsoft Extreme as follows:

Marushin M1 Garand - U.S. Version

Marushin M2 Carbine - U.S. Version

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so... without discussing the actual velocities. with green gas, would that be more or less dangerous than, say, a Tanaka pre-ban sniper rifle?

i mean 8mm must be less dangerous than 6mm in terms of joule to joule impact, but when traveling at the same fps are 8mm bbs more, less, or equally dangerous to a person?

so... without discussing the actual velocities. with green gas, would that be more or less dangerous than, say, a Tanaka pre-ban sniper rifle?

i mean 8mm must be less dangerous than 6mm in terms of joule to joule impact, but when traveling at the same fps are 8mm bbs more, less, or equally dangerous to a person?

less chance of actual injury but the weight of the rounds seriously effects how much they hurt, hehe

Kind of makes me disappointed I bought a walnut Garand back in march....Oh well, maybe they will be in stock for more than two days this time and I can get another one later, or even the M2. Definately wouldnt want to get sprayed with an M2 on full auto and green gas. Ouch. :wide-eyed:

lawl, I can see your life flash before your eyes...

I know what you mean, I just broek the news to my Girlfriend. Actually, she's extatic too, so it's all good. Her grandfather faught in WWII and she think's it's great that I'm taking an interest in history (although that's only part of the reason I'm buying one :D ).

If it's anything like the lower powered cousins it'll be a great gun. Our support gunner for our squad bought one for kicks a year and a half ago and it's a great little gun, save for the power issue, which has been corrected.

I think they are. I've encountered a few Garands and they all worked very nicely...

Why yes you have haven't you :P

Although I don't think I've ever shot mine at you :o

...we can fix that though ;)

As far as a review, I was in the AEX store in Santa Clara just today- I was in Cali on business all week. I met with Mickey, let me tell you he's not only one of the nicest guys you'll ever want to meet, he's also one of the most knowledgable Airsoft experts I know.

I was in the store earlier in the week, so I noticed right off when I came in today that there were new toys on the wall. The Marushin M1 Garand, and its little bro, the M2 Carbine! I headed right over being careful not to slip on the puddle of drool I was trailing after seeing them hanging there.

Mickey filled the Garand with greengas and 8mm ammo for me and I stepped behind the back wall into their range to get a little better aquainted.

The weapon fired flawlessly. The blowback recoil was very impressive and the sound was amazing. I have used greengas in my 1st edition Garand, somehow the recoil today felt harder. Marushin did not switch to a walnut finish on the 'Export' models as I was hoping for, but they are not the dull dark chocolate brown that mine was originally either, kind of in-between, a dark mix- looks very good and authentic.

I next picked up the export M2 Carbine for a test drive and was also completely impressed. Being brand-spanking new and right out of the box, the M2 will require some 'break-in' time to get the bolt cycling smoothly. Especially on full auto. The action is a bit stiff at first, however I feel that is an improvement over the 1st edition, mine has always felt just a bit on the loose side. Also a good lubrication of any weapon is always a must-do before any serious shooting. Like its 'big brother' the M1 Garand, the new M2 Carbine is finished in a dark stain where mine arrived in a lighter, closer to walnut finish. This color is still very nice.

We didn't have any targets set up and I had to keep my time short so I could get to the Airport and catch my flight, so I cannot attest to accuracy or FPS, what I can say is each 8mm cannonball I saw went right where the sights said it should. They both appear to be as accurate and my first edition models.

Marushin is clearly serious about the WWII/Post War era with the release of the export versions of these guns. I have been very pleased with both of mine yet have always 'babied' them. The export editions look like they are ready for a little more serious handling and should bring some exciting firepower and new reliability to any Airsoft conflict.

If only I had taken some pictures!! Honestly it was all I could do not to place the order right then and there......but I knew I already had three new guns waiting on me to return to Colorado for, oh well. Anyway, these are in stock and available at your friendly local AEX or from their Online shop. If you are ever in Mickey's neck of the woods, be sure to stop by and say Hi! They are right off the 101 in Santa Clara, very easy to find and get to, literally 1 exit north of the San Jose Airport.

Slainte!

-G

I was hoping that the importation would bring the cost down a bit, but I guess I was wrong.

If it was slightly under 400 or so, I might have considered buying one.

Oh well.

Hmmm an improved and more reliable gun.......

May I ask what logic and reasoning lead you to think they would be cheaper :huh:

Archived