DSR1 - candyman style

Candyman

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on - after all that work on that front block, you're going to cut it off at an angle, aren't you?

How could you candyman? HOW COULD YOU?

On a different note, looking at some of the mechanisms on the real gun (stock adjustment, 4000 milled slots etc. etc.) you're going to have your work really cut out in the finishing section.

CC

Copyright? Um, yeah.....

I know the front section with all the slots in it looks really complicated, but on closer inpection its not really, just really repetitive. I mean, you meausre how long the slots have to be, and how far apart on the X and Y axis, then its just a case of milling a couple slots or so, then sliding the aluminium tube along in the clamp, and repeating the procedure until a complete line is done. Then you rotate the tube by some many degrees, and do another line of slots. The hard part is making sure the spacing is alll correct , but other than its not so bad really; Candyman should find this sort of thing a walk in the park I reckons.... welldone on the work so far!

I rekon you''d give mick angelo a run for his money.

I reckon he could provided he learned how to use the tools of the craft. It's very different working on stone than metal. Still, Candy is a very talented craftsman as evidence by his aparent beastlyness with a mill. Ever work with Ti Candyman?

casey_cole lol, i know seems like such a waste!

Triggerhappychappy yup its not thick tube so 3 passes and it'll be through but if one hole is in the wrong place it will notice and look stupid, the presure is on!

greg I couldnt do anything like that, I can copy ok but just creating off the cuff is not somthing I can do very well. For example I cannot draw very well.

Pinkfloyd you are correct. No not used titanium in any great amounts, think I did a little somehting for a r/c truck once.

Making the top bit for the bipod

dsr033.JPG

Surprised at how easy this was to cut!

dsr034.JPG

spare bit of rail I found fits just lovely!

dsr035.JPG

Oh my, I didnt realise you could cut weaver/dovetails with that mill of yours like that- you are so biulding me a special 'bridge mount' when this project is done...... and a pistol shoulder stock...... and a special bipod mount thing I would like. Why do you have to be so damn talented eh?

lol, chill out mister :D

Ok, making the top of the bipod

dsr036.JPG

Cut out all the blocks and whipped the top off the other bit I made

dsr037.JPG

Side bits, making sure the countersinking is perfectly level, these will be quite a focal point so need to be perfect.

dsr038.JPG

Spot the mistake :( the middle bit is about 10mm too narrow, with the sides on it wont clear when sitting on the other bit I made that slides on the rail. Need to re-make it 10-12mm wider, do'h this is what you get working from google pictures, my estimation seems to have let me down.

dsr039.JPG

for some reason, it seems that you are doing this project so much quicker then the last couple of projects you doing :P. Not saying it's a bad thing :D

Well, I like the DSR quite a bit *EDIT* should have look thou the photos again :nosleep:

Anyway, Great work as always Candyman, I think I should buy you a beer next time you come up to the Toon :beer:

Archived