DSR1 - candyman style

Candyman

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for your kind words :) .

uscmcorps: I milled the "inside surface" by having the piece on its side, laying flat then using the side of the cutter along the surface.

jailhouse: I will probably do some video of the final thing, just sticking to the 1 scope I think, the 2nd is a night vision (i think).

Grumman : I may skimish with the final gun, I was concidering using the Alpine. If not then at the very least I will be showing it off at the test range of Finmere, where you will be welcome to have a look, and possibly a go if I think your up to it!

Did I also mention people pay good money for custom machines trigger guards, and highly polished ones like what you can produce with not that much effort (you know what I mean, its easy for you but most of us would struggle) are even more popular. I would get one for the rifle, but the trigger gaurd is integral to the stock. You want to speak to the guys at B.A.R., they like to sell custom bits & bobs and could use someone with skills like yours.

It was definitely .22 but I don't know much about calibers further than that.  Either way, it was a seriously nice piece of kit, and I hope yours turns out as good CM.

CC

That and you wont find many (if any) caliber over .22 being shot on any range in the UK, seeing that you wont get a Section 1 FAC for large caliber rifles for target shooting, normally only game shooting etc. The reason being why do you need large calibers to put a hole in a target?

Great build here, totally missed this one until now!! Keep it up.

On to the trigger, bit hit and miss as to how it will attach but thats the risk you take. Made a little cardboard template, about the right size.

dsr078.JPG

hacked out the rough shape.....

dsr079.JPG

something like that.....

dsr080.JPG

trim, neaten it....

dsr081.JPG

made a hole in the guard and work out where to pivot it

dsr082.JPG

and a hole in the receiver

dsr083.JPG

pivot point really needed to be a bit further back than I had metal on the trigger so had to bolt a section on the back and pivot it on that, messy messy from me but you wont see any of it so no harm done i guess

dsr084.JPG

With referemce to the last pic posted- how is that messy? Its a perfectly neat & clean join, the only thing I would change is the Philips head screw for an allen headed one, but like you said, no-one will ever see it so who cares.... It looks more beasty than Vanessa felts and more stunning than a 50,000 volt taser to the nuts....

With referemce to the last pic posted- how is that messy? Its a perfectly neat & clean join, the only thing I would change is the Philips head screw for an allen headed one, but like you said, no-one will ever see it so who cares.... It looks more beasty than Vanessa felts and more stunning than a 50,000 volt taser to the nuts....

If you see CM's prior work you will see he is a perfectionist.

more stunning than a 50,000 volt taser to the nuts.... :wide-eyed:

Archived