Candyman

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to very carefully slice the middle out

dsr025.JPG

Then make a bit of a lever jobbie

dsr026.JPG

Then that should sit in there, I love this bit, the fit is perfect, its very cool. Note the pen spring chopped down, I drilled a little recess in the body and the lever arm to hold the spring. In the pictures of the real steel the spring is higher up and more visable, I wanted it more hidden.

dsr027.JPG

Just need to make another lever and then tidy the "pin" up.

dsr028.JPG

nice to see an X1 getting put to use I picked one of those up to go along with a C1 mini lathe dont think it was more than 440 quid the pair (though you can add cost of tooling and must haves to that).

Motors are a bit on weeny side and plastic gears are a bit of a shock to see like you say (there is a belt drive kit for the X2 mini lathe but that versions a fair bit heavier than the X1) but for aluminium and brass work they're ideal little machines and dont take up a shitload of room

I set ours up in the back room for use during weekdays when the neighbours are out at work :D

Thanks for the support guys.

This was quite a big step. Drilling both holes the same distance apart wasnt easy, the body is too tall to fit in the mill or pillar drill so I had to drill it by hand, well in as much as with a cordless drill. 10mm and accurate at 90 degrees. Then measuring the distance between the holes I had to drill the end bit (see I know the names for everything) the same distance apart exactly else the bit that slides on the rail wont silde at all! The rail is 10mm stainless bar, this will probably be a load bearing part of the gun so it cant flex at all.

Just read that back and it confussed me, hope evryone is with me.

dsr030.JPG

dsr031.JPG

dsr032.JPG

Archived