Irish defence forces DPM?

SilentScope

Being that its almost St Patrick's day and all, me and a few of my friends who are also irish-american were thinking of getting some AUGs and going to our next game all decked out in irish gear. Only problem is we cant find any online places that sell their current DPMs! Anyone here know if they could help us out?

all the best!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damnit I knew there was someone else I was supposed to make a sig for. shiat im so sorry dude but my laptop got stolen like 4 months ago so I havent been able to get onto Arnies or photoshop untill a few weeks ago (I am so done with NYC its not even funny). I just got a new computer so I can get you one made in the next couple of days.

so back to the camo, do they make any like cheap knockoffs or somethin like that? if i cant find it im going to be ######

Apparently, Israeli camo is quite similar to Irish DPM. See what you reckon:

Paddyflage

Irish_Paddyflage_-_Badged.JPG

Israeli mesh camo

sniper_jacket.jpg

I only found this out by Googling, so if I'm dead wrong, feel free to correct me.

EDIT: Hmm, apologies; they're clearly not that similar. CE camo might be your only bet...

I tried this a while ago when I had my old aug mil- its almost impossible t get hold of, unless you have a buddy in the irish army.

its just not out there, and theres a reason for it, beyond security or copyright-

the irish army rarely goes and knocks over anyone elses country (for reason known only to themselves), which means there is little turnover by manufacturers, suppliers, or the soldiers themselves.

Armies from countries actively involved in kicking over other countries always have more stuff in the surplus market- thats practically the definition of "army surplus" if you think about it- a non-active army (meaning not going and kicking countries over army) knows its supply demand. it gets its stuf from suppliers who only produce a limited amount of stuff.

an active army (meaning the exact opposite of the above), does not know its supply demand exactly, and therefore needs stuff produced to all sizes, for all eventualities, and there is also a higher turn-over of goods- dpm stuff gets "worn out" by soldiers, so back to the quartermaster it goes, and onto the civilian market much faster than an army that isn't in active combat 10 months out of 12.

so, the way to get irish army stuff, is to get them to declare war on someone.

I didn't say that. :)

The irish army do, do a lot of overseas peacekeeping work. For all we know they recycle the stuff or something like that instead of letting it slip into the civilian market.

As someone said the only surefire way would be to befriend an irish army soldier and ask him to see if he can get his hands on some of the much sought after paddyflage.

Well i saw a group of irish squaddies a few weeks back in the airport on the way back from dublin. I noticed the cammo difference but it is fairly close to soldier 95 DPM but just lighter greens. Also there and irish flag on the left sleeve at least.

Not only were there cammos different, but the way they wore them. It looked like irish army regulations stated not to tuck shirts in, as none of them did and it still looked smart. Also they all wore fabric magnums. Maybe these are standard issue?

So the cheapest easiest way is to buy a set of new soldier 95s (im not sure they wore ripstops jackets though- looked more like goretex) and a pair of magnums. Then if you can stitch an irish flag on and simply dont tuck your shirt in your half way there.

Lastly they wore OG rankslides- not dpm. That should be a good enough impression.

Haha Mulder you're a funny guy. The Irish military has been sucked into some of the UN's recent activities, and I have family who have seen action in one form or another with their forces but not enough to generate a surplus of gear like you said :( I was hoping some Asian company had made some illegal copies of Paddyflage (like those Korean MARPAT BDUs everyone has) but I guess there isn't much a demand for the stuff in that part of the world. At this point Im ready to throw in the towel and just buy some French camo and try to customize it to make it close enough (correction, I cant sew worth a shiat, so mommy will do all the custom work for me B) )

Archived