Hurricane 553 Holosight

Hispeed1

*Multinational Patented.

LOL... they may have patented the internals, but I doubt they've patented the externals... you know... being that it is a direct copy of EOTech's externals and all... :lol:

Gonna wait for one in flat dark earth... cloned by some chines manufacturer in less than a few months.  :P

Yeah... the fact that the Chinese will be cloning these in a very short amount of time is inevitable. I imagine that notion will seriously hurt HurricanE's sales.

I'm gonna wait for the Chinese one which will be around half the price of the HurricanE.

I shouldnt of thought so. Not many airsofters have eotechs 5/100 maybe more (probably more) but even so most of the eotech sales are to Mil. and LE. heotechs probably wont stand up to the vibration on real steal so i doubt Mil. & LE will stop buying the real ones and swap to these.

I do own a heotech and they are great. But i do want a 553 in flat earth for my EBR.

I shouldnt of thought so. Not many airsofters have eotechs 5/100 maybe more (probably more) but even so most of the eotech sales are to Mil. and LE.  heotechs probably wont stand up to the vibration on real steal so i doubt Mil. & LE will stop buying the real ones and swap to these.

I do own a heotech and they are great. But i do want a 553 in flat earth for my EBR.

I think you misunderstood. I meant that because everyone knows China will clone HurricanE's sight in short order, that most people will hold off on buying the HurricanE version in anticipation of the much cheaper China version. Thereby hurting HurricanE's sales because who wants to pay hundreds of $$$ for one replica, when they can get the exact same replica for less than half the price a month or two later.

As for the replicas being used on RS rifles... I can almost guarantee they won't last long due to the shock and vibrations of real gun fire. Then again... the replicas are not meant for RS. They're meant for airsoft.

The china replica won't be the same, it won't be a holographic sight, it'll just be a red/green dot sight..

The HurricanE sight isn't a Holosight either. Both the HurricanE and China replicas are just regular RDS. No different than the replica Aimpoints you can buy.

China 553 will be avaialbe in around 40 days. so it may not be a clone of any other brand.

Perhaps not... but it's hard to say. Given the track record of the Chinese 551 and 552 being clones of the HurricanE 551 and 552 I'd be surprised if the 553 was any different. Truth is... I don't think the China ones are clones at all. I think they are from the OEM of the HurricanE, except you're cutting out HurricanE who's the middleman.

It's possible that the 553's delay is because the China factory making HurricanE's 553 has to fill HurricanE's production run first. It's also possible that HurricanE is ignorant to the factory turning around and selling a bunch more as an OEM.

The hurricane' 551,552,and 553 all 100% made in taiwan,not made in china,and the diffrent is hurricane's 552 and 553 has 20 section brightness adjustment,the china's clone is not,and the hurricane's 553's lens more bright than china clones.If you guys has chance to comparison these two sights,you will find it out they are totally diffrent.

The hurricane' 551,552,and 553 all 100% made in taiwan,not made in china,and the diffrent is hurricane's 552 and 553 has 20 section brightness adjustment,the china's clone is not,and the hurricane's 553's lens more bright than china clones.If you guys has money to comparison these two sights,you will find it out they are totally diffrent.

fix'd ;)

And that's really it, most of us don't really care about how well it really functions, since the people who do, already have a real Eotech. The others, myself included, just wants something that looks like an eotech and is usable enough in a game that won't kill our wallets.

The hurricane' 551,552,and 553 all 100% made in taiwan,not made in china,and the diffrent is hurricane's 552 and 553 has 20 section brightness adjustment,the china's clone is not,and the hurricane's 553's lens more bright than china clones.If you guys has chance to comparison these two sights,you will find it out they are totally diffrent.

sauce?

I have compared the two, and while the HurricanE might have a slightly nicer finish and *maybe* a slightly brighter reticle (although, side by side it was a little hard to tell), IMHO it is still NOT worth double what the China made clone costs. HurricanE kind of shot themselves in the foot producing such an expensive "replica". If they had sold it at a more competitive price they would still be selling lots of them. However, at the price HurricanE sold it at, most people I know, were more inclined to save up for a real EOTech or save over $100 and buy a China Clone. If HurricanE dropped their prices to $125 then I could see some people buying a HurricanE over a China Clone for the "added quality", but at almost $200... that is way too much for most people's budgets when the real deal is not insanely more.

I don't know if this what what Sinner was trying to say but the view through my china Eotech seems to be dimmer than the hurricanes i've seen (ie the lens itself is a darker tint) making it look a bit wierd when you can only see the target in your dominant eye.

I don't know if this what what Sinner was trying to say but the view through my china Eotech seems to be dimmer than the hurricanes i've seen (ie the lens itself is a darker tint) making it look a bit wierd when you can only see the target in your dominant eye.

Specially use in the night game,you will find out which is more to be useful. :)

I have compared the two, and while the HurricanE might have a slightly nicer finish and *maybe* a slightly brighter reticle (although, side by side it was a little hard to tell), IMHO it is still NOT worth double what the China made clone costs.  HurricanE kind of shot themselves in the foot producing such an expensive "replica".  If they had sold it at a more competitive price they would still be selling lots of them.  However, at the price HurricanE sold it at, most people I know, were more inclined to save up for a real EOTech or save over $100 and buy a China Clone.  If HurricanE dropped their prices to $125 then I could see some people buying a HurricanE over a China Clone for the "added quality", but at almost $200... that is way too much for most people's budgets when the real deal is not insanely more.

If you don't have the budget, just go and buy the cheap Honda, it's doesn't mean the expensive cars are not worth the money.

If you don't have the budget, just go and buy the cheap Honda, it's doesn't mean the expensive cars are not worth the money.

Good point! :) Sadly, the "expensive car" as you put it, i.e. the HurricanE in this case, is really not worth it. :(

As for not having the budget, I have 4 REAL EOTechs: 2 552s, 1 551, and a 553 on the way. I have at least 9 guns worth over 1K each, I own communications gear that costs over $700 per setup (I have several), I own a real Eagle CIRAS and I am about to invest in a Systema PTW to name just a few things that most people on a budget would not consider and that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my collection (yes, I'm a bit of a geardo/gearwhore). And yet, when given the option to spend money on the China EOTech or the HurricanE EOTech, the China EOTech would win hands down each and every time. There is simply zero features that the HurricanE replica offers that would substantiate an extra $100 investment. I mean, do you really mean to tell me, the fact that the HurricanE has a slightly less darkened tint glass, and a slightly nicer finish is worth $100!?!! I'd rather throw in an extra $40 or so and buy a Real EOTech 512 Holo-sight off EBay.

But I really appreciate what you said Star, because you inadvertantly reinforced exactly what I've been trying to say. Thanks!!! ;)

Archived