• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARG! If I would have waited a couple more days, I would have ordered the G&G over the my CA :crazy: . The new G&Gs wern't in the US yet. Don't get me wrong, I love my CA, but I would love to have it pre upgraded like the G&G.

Edit- Good review too!

DP

Edited by chaoswithinthed

ASGI seems to explain it pretty well. They have a great picture up, too. It really shows what the wood is like. As I said before, it's a dark, non-grainy mahogany like the real one, unlike the bright, grainy, non-real looking TM one.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2681

You're welcome :D. I stuck an M100 in the gun today in hopes of bringing it down to a safer velocity. To my surprise, it chronoed at 365! This is probably because of the super long tightbore and awesome cylinder set. You UK guys will definitely need an M90 or weaker to use yours.

ASGI lowballs a bit on the FPS, it seems.

Anyway, it can take standard hop rubbers.  Great... standard barrels, too?

It has an AUG-style hop, and my firefly bucking fits like a glove so it takes standard ones. I'm 99.999999% sure it takes standard barrels too.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmk, a bit of an update. Today the black wire pulled out of the tamiya connector and the red wire pulled out of the fuse unit. I'm sure all you TM-humpers (seki, corkbulb) are probably dancing and singing now because you feel secure in your TM, but frankly TM's wiring isn't great either. G&Gs is better out of the box, it just wasn't secured in the connector very well. Since resoldering it, it now fires noticeably quicker too. So, yeah, the G&G is still better in every aspect. Nyah nyah!

Oh, and I'll have a few pics of it up tomorrow I took with my gf's camera. No, dookieboy, I will not show you the rest of the pics on there ;)

Oh, and I'll have a few pics of it up tomorrow I took with my gf's camera. No, dookieboy, I will not show you the rest of the pics on there ;)

ohhh TMI! -Too Much Information :o

That's ok, I'm sure they'll be on the interwebs soon ;)

Okay, there will be delay on the pictures, since my computer got majorly *fruitcaged* by a virus and I'm going to Duluth for the weekend. I'll say though since I now have one, a 9.6v battery will NOT fit without modification to the wires. There is room in the stock for one, except you'll notice when your sliding the battery in that when it has about 1.5" left it starts pulling the wires in with it and it won't fit. The problem isn't that it's gripping the wire (well, it was originally but I put scotch tape on the wires and battery so it slides smoothly) but is that it pushes against the fuse unit. Mine fit originally, but that was because I pushed hard enough to pop the wire out of the fuse and allowed it to be moved back without disturbing the connector. There is no way to avoid this without modding.

So, what do you do?

Extend the wires. Yes, it's that simple, but you need to be able to solder. I added about 2" of wire to both the black and red wires and now the battery will fit. The problem now is that I hooked up the fuse wrong and it melted the whole unit in half, rendering the gun unusable. If you don't make the mistake I did, you should now have a perfectly functioning gun that can hold a 9.6v in the stock.

Well, now I need to fix my problem. Pics to come later to help you know what it is, but if anyone has a plastic fuse unit (20A 250/ fuse) they can sell me, let me know.

ohhh TMI! -Too Much Information

What are you, gay?

Edited by otherrandomhero

I just want to point something out about the wood stock. I dont know if it was changed (I got my G&G M14 a year ago) but the wood is not naturally dark. G&G put some kind of brown paint on the wood to make it look like walnut. Since my M14 is used just about every week, the paint started to come off and look like ######. I just scraped it off and stained the wood. The wood is a nice quality but its not naturally dark like walnut.

Mmk, a bit of an update. Today the black wire pulled out of the tamiya connector and the red wire pulled out of the fuse unit. I'm sure all you TM-humpers (seki, corkbulb) are probably dancing and singing now because you feel secure in your TM, but frankly TM's wiring isn't great either. G&Gs is better out of the box, it just wasn't secured in the connector very well. Since resoldering it, it now fires noticeably quicker too. So, yeah, the G&G is still better in every aspect. Nyah nyah!

:P

*Does dance*

Edited by Hustie