• 1 year later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the slight necro posting, but am considering buying one of these for a Nam loadout. Any issues with this gun after a period of ownership?

Approaching two years of ownership and not a single hiccup AT ALL. I resoldered my connector to deans imediately upon recieving it and have switched from my 8.4v 3500 mAh to an 11.1v 2200 mAh 25c battery. Still going strong, this gun is built like a brick house and performs just as good today as it did when I bought it.

As for the stock, I'm pretty rough on guns and it is showing but the paint isnt flaking off yet, and yes, unfortunately it's painted darker than it should be. If it's a huge deal sand it down and stain it like it should have been. Personally mine isnt coming off yet so I guess I lucked out (or I'm not as hard on the stock as I thought I was).

Best gun I've purchased to date, least amount of monkeying around with it to get it to perform and rock solid performance out of the box.

ive had mine for 9 months now, using it weekly, so id say ~80,000~ rounds through it and i havent had a problem. she still runs like the first day i got her. i picked up my friends TM and used it for a day, and the thing was a piece of s***.

Thought I'd jump on here and share a tid bit of my story.

Coming up on 3 years ago right when the G&G M14 Veteran/Evolutions were released I purchased one off of UNCompany when they were 550 a pop + overseas shipping... and I don't regret it one bit!

I met UrPeaceKeeper in college, at that time I was partially a G&G fan after being fortunate to own one of the very first versions of the G&G M14 series that worked correctly out of the box. That is when I followed the release of the G&G M14 Veteran very closely. I blame UrPeaceKeeper as he was the one who would meet up with me each day and pester me about needing to buy one, and I thank him for that :P

Long story short but I managed to turn up the big $ to buy it and it came in during the Thanksgiving break from college. It was so beautiful, I was very impressed minus the cheap looking heat shield(one of the first things done was replacing it with a RS ported heat shield). Chrono'd 410 w/ excel .25g bb's. It out ranged everything at the local games and still does except for the high grade sniper rifles. I managed to cram a 9.6v 3500mAh battery into mine, a series of twists and it glides right in. I later removed the fuse box and converted it to deans making the process very easy.

Overtime I've put nearly 250,000rds (my best estimation) through it, had to replace the gearset just a few months ago, and the hopup gets changed yearly. Still has amazing range and accuracy... the spring has worn down to chrono within the local rifleman limits of 375 w/ .25g which is perfect. After replacing the gearset I refinished the stock, it made it look new again and more lovely than it did when I first saw it. It is still my most favorite airsoft gun within the 20 something AEG's I've owned over the years.

May my Veteran live forever.

P1000731.jpg

Where on earth can you find G&G M14 standard mags these days? I checked all the bigger retailers in HK and NONE of them carried ANY.

B.

I got my first batch from UNcompany. Latter ones I picked up used on these forums and my local ones. As long as they are taken care of, these things last seemingly forever.

Not sure if this is a problem anymore, but i read that the 9.6 wouldn't fit and I would like to they do actually fit fine, but you have to put the wires in first followed by the battery.

Does anyone know what max rated spring the stock internals could withstand? I received mine chronoing a low and would to go ahead and bump it up.

ive got a 9.6 large and it fits fine in mine with the fuse. i removed the battery door altogether and rely on the clamshell to keep it in there. i hold the connector outside of the compartment, put the battery in butt first, connect it, and shove all the wires in. if you really want, i can provide pics.

But there should be a need to remove the door? With the battery put in the direction to were the end with the connector goes in first it should fit and have the door shut with out a problem. With my large Intellect 3600 9.6v in I still have a bout 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of room between the end of the battery to the door.

Still wondering about how stock internals will handle a stronger spring.

Edited by Username_Here
But there should be a need to remove the door? With the battery put in the direction to were the end with the connector goes in first it should fit and have the door shut with out a problem. With my large Intellect 3600 9.6v in I still have a bout 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of room between the end of the battery to the door.

Still wondering about how stock internals will handle a stronger spring.

I used to use a 9.6 large without modification in my Veteran, with deans connectors and no fuse box there is a bunch of extra room in mine. Simply connect the battery, slide the connectors and fuse assembly in first, then gently insert the battery... twist the battery wires if necessary. It may take you a couple of trys but it works out in the end.

As for the spring, the Veterans come stock with a M130 from the get go, the mainline M14's from G&G don't but I'd say you're safe to run a M130... my gearset lasted ~1/4 million rounds before it gave out.

You think anything in the gearbox would have a problem with a M140? When I opened it up it looked like the gears and everything else could handle it, but I stick to my gas and spring rifles more so AEG durability is still cloudy for me.

I think the motor will be the first noticeable thing, good chance you'll start blowing fuses. I made the mistake of dropping in a very high power spring and roasted the motor because I bypassed the fuse box. I'd really recommend at least a torque up gear set if you are going over the m130, super torque for m150 or higher.

Edited by sadman
  • 2 months later...

Having owned G&G M14 V1, G&G SOC16, and G&G M14 Veteran/Evolution model I can tell you the differences...

I'll just list what you get special with the Veteran:

-Metal bearing spring guide

-M130 spring

-Bore up stainless cylinder

-Aluminum Bearing piston head

-Aluminum double O-ring'd Cylinder head

-Walnut wood stock

-Upgraded & reinforced polycarb piston

To me the difference is huge, for not too much more you get all these pre-upgraded parts that really add to the durability of the AEG. Even if you don't think you need all of it and will be using it for the standardized 400fps w/ .2g bb's, you can just drop in either a M110 or M120 of your choosing and it should last you quite some time. I've owned a lot of AEG's, 22 to be exact, and my Veteran after 4 years of hard usage(skirmishing at least 2x a month) and has gone through a gear set, a piston, and I wore out the semi auto cutoff lever... that's it.

Edited by sadman
Having owned G&G M14 V1, G&G SOC16, and G&G M14 Veteran/Evolution model I can tell you the differences...

I'll just list what you get special with the Veteran:

-Metal bearing spring guide

-M130 spring

-Bore up stainless cylinder

-Aluminum Bearing piston head

-Aluminum double O-ring'd Cylinder head

-Walnut wood stock

-Upgraded & reinforced polycarb piston

To me the difference is huge, for not too much more you get all these pre-upgraded parts that really add to the durability of the AEG. Even if you don't think you need all of it and will be using it for the standardized 400fps w/ .2g bb's, you can just drop in either a M110 or M120 of your choosing and it should last you quite some time. I've owned a lot of AEG's, 22 to be exact, and my Veteran after 4 years of hard usage(skirmishing at least 2x a month) and has gone through a gear set, a piston, and I wore out the semi auto cutoff lever... that's it.

And, you are welcome :)

IIRC the Gearset was not the fault of G&G though, had something to do with pulling apart the gearbox to put in a stiff spring, then finding out it didnt work, then reassembling, then it ran for like a year and stripped when you got back home? Are my memories correct?

Good thing everything else there is standard wear and tear parts that'd break even if you were with a standard M14 :)

I agree, considering the fact that the gun comes out of the box at 430 FPS w/ .20's, and everything internally upgraded to operate at that level, it's worth it. The less I have to open a gearbox, the less ###### that can go wrong :)

You are correct on the gearset... too add as well, the piston I replaced was because of the silly M160 spring popping out the piston and breaking off the back tooth when I tried to assemble the gearbox with the M160.

... and yes, thanks for the subtle reinforcement to get this gun, * BUY MEEE!* I have not 1 time regretted it. Heck, I even got you, the hardcore ICS fanboy to get one :P

You are correct on the gearset... too add as well, the piston I replaced was because of the silly M160 spring popping out the piston and breaking off the back tooth when I tried to assemble the gearbox with the M160.

... and yes, thanks for the subtle reinforcement to get this gun, * BUY MEEE!* I have not 1 time regretted it. Heck, I even got you, the hardcore ICS fanboy to get one :P

Truth, at the time I was a hardcore TM Fanboy for the TM M14, glad I'm not anymore! Now I should be being payed by G&G just to advertise their guns for them... It's really getting quite excessive lol

Okay, being a bit paranoid, I decided to again ask around about the internal differences between the standard and Veteran M14.

According to AirsoftGI:"The $250 version comes with a plastic stock while the $345 one comes

with a real wood stock which is why it costs so much more. The internals are

exactly the same though so you are getting the same exact setup in both

guns."

According to 101TechUSA (G&G's American distributor):

"Besides the Spring (which is a M120 instead of a M130), the internal parts

of the Evolution/Veteran are actually all upgraded. Which includes parts

such as gears."

The ASGI reply really threw me off by saying the internals are identical. And now 101Tech is saying the Veteran has a weaker spring?

WTF?

(by the way, Evike says the Veteran has fake wood. But I don't trust them anyways...)

Okay, being a bit paranoid, I decided to again ask around about the internal differences between the standard and Veteran M14.

According to AirsoftGI:"The $250 version comes with a plastic stock while the $345 one comes

guns."

such as gears."

The ASGI reply really threw me off by saying the internals are identical. And now 101Tech is saying the Veteran has a weaker spring?

WTF?

(by the way, Evike says the Veteran has fake wood. But I don't trust them anyways...)

There is a "normal version" with and without the walnut stock, which has normal internals.

There are "veteran's version" with and without the walnut stock and has some 8mm bushing and higher stock velocity and some other better internals.

There is a "normal version" with and without the walnut stock, which has normal internals.

There are "veteran's version" with and without the walnut stock and has some 8mm bushing and higher stock velocity and some other better internals.

That's right on, there is a "Wood stock" version and there is a Veteran/Evolution model with the wood stock and it comes with the better internals that I noted.

guns."

such as gears."

WTF?

Save yourself the issue and buy your G&G M14 Veteran from www.kastwayairsoft.com The picture shows a SOCOM length M14 with a wood stock but it's the full lenght M14 and it IS the G&G M14 Veteran.

http://www.kastwayairsoft.com/Products/Gan...GM-014-VET.aspx

I've purchased numerous items (including my 9 G&G M14 mags and my Veteran) from Kastway, they are definetly a reliable dealer and I know another who has purchased his G&G M14 Veteran from him as well. Truely outstanding service on his part.