bullet_magnet has screwed me over

FatHammer

I did a trade with bullet_magnet (Nate Schorney). I traded him my M4 for his M14 about 2 weeks ago.

He described his M14 as being in "great condition with a good looking paintjob", and said that one of the wires was broken, and needed a "simple soldering job". Both of those statements were complete lies. The body's condition is total rubbish, and feels like it could snap any second, and the paintjob is awful. The "simple soldering job" is actually a need for a complete rewiring, as the motor connector on the wire is broken off.

I have demanded my gun back. Originally he said

well im certainly not in the business of screwing people, if a trade back is what will make you happiest then thats what i'll do
, to which I said "yes". In his more recent PMs, he has taken a severely apathetic tone, and has refused a tradeback. It seems that when I accepted his offer of a tradeback, that I called his bluff.

He has totally screwed me, and I want my gun back, or some form of compensation to equal out the ridiculous difference in value. He has offered me weak compensation, such as 2 spare mags and mag pouches, but they would not even cover half of the difference in value.

I don't know what to do at this point. No cash changed hands, so the postmaster would do nothing. Is anyone able to help me, or guide me somehow?

-Fat

Seems like he's never going to be online ever again. I give up, he has screwed me over and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm just going to sell the M14, because I need money. I'm going to add his name to the bad traders thread, and be done with this.

• 2 months later...

Interesting development: He's now attempting to sell the gun on SocalAirsoft

here is a link to the ad.

Slimey ######...

I posted on there, detailing my beef with bullet_magnet, but one of the mods edited out the beef of it. Oh well, they left some of it.

I just hope that he has as difficult a time selling the M4 as I had selling his worthless M14.

Any pics of the condition of the gun?

I have to say though, a snapped motor connector IS a simple soldering job though. Either solder the wire directly on to the motor tab, or go to Radioshed or whatever the yank equivalent of Maplins is, buy a replacement spade connector and crimp it on. About a 30 second job.

This was a while ago, so I sold the gun at a severe loss since it was in such rubbish condition.

I ended up having to sell it at $180ish, which is quite a large drop from the $400 value the M4 had.

As to the condition of the M14, I suppose you could as "Flange!", because he's the one who bought it from me.

And as to soldering the wire directly onto the motor tab, that just doesn't sound like it would stay connected very well at all.

well the wiring is just a simple soldering job this happend to one of my guns i just soldered it and its fine now the body on the other hand is something else, you should have asked for pictures before you did the trade...

Asking for pictures would have been a good idea, but I was trusting (foolishly).

Oh well...

• 1 month later...

I just noticed this: bullet_magnet's profile

Seems he's been logging on every day for the past few days. What he is doing here is a mystery to me, but my guess is that he has been exchanging PMs with various people on the forums, as he hasn't posted anything for a long long time.

I just hope nobody is dealing with him, because he's bound to screw them over just like he did to me.

Nate: If you are reading this, you owe me $220. Your M14 was a worthless pile of junk, and only yielded me $180 when I finally managed to sell it. If you have any sense of honor, you will make things right.

-Fat

He's been online again today if anyone is interested. I've left a comment in his profile diverting peoples attention to this thread, I'm assuming there is nothing wrong with adding a profile comment............ :unsure:

Thanks dude, the gesture is much appreciated.

I would probably say banning him would be the worst thing to do. If he's banned then thats one more area that people who have been scammed will be unable to reach him (not that they appear to be able to anyway) and the offender can turn around and say "I couldn't get in contact wit dese people coz I is banned, innit?"

Could be a double edged sword.

Yeah, banning would be a bad idea at this particular time.

And it's not like he doesn't remember me, because he had 3 PMs waiting for him when he logged on, and he has browsed my profile.

EDIT: Just PM'd him.

Here is what I said:

Remember me? Of course you do.

You disappeared off of Arnies for a while, but now you're back.

I want my M4 back. Last I saw on your two threads (NEASG and SoCal), it had not been sold. Your M14 was in horrible shape (not at all like you described it), and it yielded a mere $180 when I did finally manage to sell it. The M4 would have yielded me at least $400 if I had waited and just sold it.

If you will send the M4 back, I am willing to send the $180 I was able to get for the M14. If you do not have the M4 anymore, then I want the $220 I am entitled to.

Do not ignore this PM,

-Fat

Edit #2: Nate just browsed this topic, and is browsing my profile and other parts of the site. He also read the PM I sent him and has yet to reply...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for checking up.

No, no updates. I PM'd two mods, and none of them responded to seem to have done anything.

It seems that nobody really cares.

Edit: Looking at his profile, it seems he hasn't been on since the 31st. I hope that he stays gone this time.

PS - Thanks for the comment you left on his page, Victory. It's good to know that people have my back. :D

Thanks for checking up.

No, no updates. I PM'd two mods, and none of them responded to seem to have done anything.

Edit: Looking at his profile, it seems he hasn't been on since the 31st. I hope that he stays gone this time.

PS - Thanks for the comment you left on his page, Victory. It's good to know that people have my back. :D

Quick question for you:- Did you receive the gun as the result of a thread on Arnies?

Bullet_Magnet hasn't posted on here since May 2007. You said you carried out this deal in August/September 2007.

Can you clarify how you actually entered into a deal with Bullet_Magnet?

Quick question for you:- Did you receive the gun as the result of a thread on Arnies?

Bullet_Magnet hasn't posted on here since May 2007. You said you carried out this deal in August/September 2007.

Can you clarify how you actually entered into a deal with Bullet_Magnet?

I had a sale thread for my M4, and he contacted me over AIM and PMs. With the small size of the Arnies inbox, I wasn't able to keep the PMs (I only recently found out I could have them e-mailed to me as an attachment).

Looking back, he was kind of pushy with his M14, and he probably knew that his gun was rubbish. Perhaps there were signs that I missed.

Stealth, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

-Fat

Just in case I'm one of them, I've been away so I may have missed it (I have a nice full inbox).

We do care, and I've suggested that he be labelled a bad trader (which requires Admin attention). As has been said, banning bad sellers before trying to persuade them to resolve issues isn't usually the best approach.

I honestly don't think anything is going to happen (I know I'll never get my gun back from that fiend), but it would be nice if I knew that he could never rip off anyone using these forums ever again.

PS - Pablo, it wasn't you. The admins in question have not made any posts in this thread. To all of you that have: thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Im sorry to hear this, i know how it feels. He was just on yesterday, and he doesnt even have the balls to talk to you. I posted a comment on his profile, if its any constelation.

Oh, i can find his phone number for you, what was his zipcode? Or do you remember any of his address details?

Archived