Anyone from Hong Kong?

bronney

Sorry people I don't mean to start general threads like this but the search doesn't help at all. Members' area can't search by location either so here I am.

I am just wondering is there anyone from Hong Kong here. I just got into this airsoft thing 2 months ago and is fascinated ever since. I would love to go to skimishes but as I understood it here, 100% of all skimishers in Hong Kong uses AEG while I only have a GBB pistol. Wouldn't I look stupid getting dressed and all that but only have a pistol to play with?

Are there any CQB in Hong Kong?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc thanks for heads up. Will try it right now.

And thanks for telling I could rent. Never knew :) This would be good to see if I like it, and if I am physically fit to do so. I think it's better to do some gym before summer comes cuz I was never a physical type hehe.

Might get some cheap clothes for it but definitely a good pair of goggles. Thanks for replying.

Oh and if you didnt know, go to Kwong Wa street in MongKok, it is the haven of all airsofters ;)

Take the MTR to Yau Ma Tei and take exit 'A2' and walk in the direction of Kwong Wa Hospital. Soon you will see the shops selling airsoft goodies and you willl know you have arrived :D

Cheers Mate.

Try the CQC site in TST. It's in the Basement of the New World Centre. Yes, you got it right - it's in the Shopping Mall and it's Air-conditioned of course. So , no problem in the summer. HK$100 for 4 hours.

They've got morning and evening hours only. You need to book in advance for a group. Pistol is no problem for that site as only that makes sense there due its size.

Wow never knew there's a range in new world centre cool! Will check it out. I live in quarry bay and usually visit uncompany. Just got a glock 23f from them today, nice price.

I also visit the mongkok stores from time to time but mostly den trin and the first store in the "building" hehe. I don't like that first store though as they same unfriendly :P. Gotto call up a friend to check out the new world place asap. KWP, you have a phone number I can call them? Cuz I wanna know if it's a club thing or any special requirements such as goggles. Thanks.

If you are reall wanting a good CQB AEG, get a FAMAS and a couple of hicaps.

In certain shops, they can be found for (i kid you not) less than $1000 HKD. Just make sure it's the Hop-up version, I once nearly bought a FAMAS F1 with no hop-up. Considered getting it as a collectors piece, but decided against it.

If you are reall wanting a good CQB AEG, get a FAMAS and a couple of hicaps.

Whew, I was getting a little worried here. I thought that the only-FAMAS suggestors had left. Whew.

Seriosuly, for all CQB, get a gun smaller than the famas. If you are going to be doing woodland, too, then maybe consider it.

Ok, back on topic, I suggest you check the pic threads for KWP's post. Then you will understand why you should listen to his advice on where to play :wide-eyed:

I envy you guys so much.

I would probably have a heart attack in under thirty seconds after walking into a REAL airsoft shop.  :D

wears off quickly after you realise that most of the staff appear to come from the same school of 'sales->customer' manners, or rather.. bunked off the entire course..

of course a few are ok. some are even nice after you direct all the chitchat [and haggling] to a cantonese- [and often brutal] speaking companion..

still, always fun to see a newcomer's jaw drop.

wears off quickly after you realise that most of the staff appear to come from the same school of 'sales->customer' manners, or rather.. bunked off the entire course..

of course a few are ok. some are even nice after you direct all the chitchat [and haggling] to a cantonese- [and often brutal] speaking companion..

still, always fun to see a newcomer's jaw drop.

Couldn't agree more on that. Most of them have none or insufficient technical/mechanical/electronical skills, nor do they have the slightest idea what customer relation means. You can almost see the $$ signs in their eyes, but there are few dedicated ones.

Bah, I need to return to HK soon.  Can anyone from there tell me how much an AEP g18c is costs?  I'm in desperate need for a cheap one, or a price drop.  Thanks.

Round HK 800.

I reckon that we need a stickie with a list of HK Arisofting shop streets for people going ot Hong Kong.

Round HK 800.

I reckon that we need a stickie with a list of HK Arisofting shop streets for people going ot Hong Kong.

(referring to the AEP 18c)

i bought mine from wan chai about 4-5years ago (KSC plain plastic one) for HK$500

dont remember where it was from. still on one piece, i've only changed that slide once only because some idiot selected fire without moving the slide back, cracked the slide.

>_<

answering the thread question, yes i'm from hong kong.

there's one north east of the island. it's mainly target shooting, like manoevres (cant spell) basic CQB training etc. cheap to join the club. dont remember if their web site because they changed their domain and shut down for good 6months for refurbishment.

if you wanna practise your moves in CQB there's one indoor one there near north point i think...

Interesting, where exactly is that cqc site in North Point? Any address, phone no. or website etc.? Thx.

Btw, some upcoming events: 27th March 2005, Outlying Island in Sai Kung (including Boat trip); 3rd April 2005 Water Purifying Factory (CQC) in Tuen Mun.

Archived