Anyone from Hong Kong?

bronney

WGC weren't doing walk-ins last time i popped around. Redwolf is definitely the best experience I've had, very helpful staff, let you see pretty much any item on their catalogue (its nice to get to fondle a KTW mosin) and they have a nice couch for you to sit while you wait to be brought the guns :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the megalomaniac Hongkong-Macau-Guandong Bridge make a trip to the Macau game site more likely?

Btw, momentarily bringing own guns would require filling out forms both with the HK and Macau customs department.

Having traveled multiple times between Hong Kong and Macau back in February, I didn't ever notice any significant customs inspection going on. I certainly never saw anyone get stopped. If you separated your upper and lowers into a shorter and more compact carry on, played in 5.11s, and took the bare minimum tac gear + accessories, I'd be surprised if anyone gave you a second look. It's not like the airport... there they definitely keep a closer eye on travelers.

Your own mileage may vary of course.

Having traveled multiple times between Hong Kong and Macau back in February, I didn't ever notice any significant customs inspection going on. I certainly never saw anyone get stopped. If you separated your upper and lowers into a shorter and more compact carry on, played in 5.11s, and took the bare minimum tac gear + accessories, I'd be surprised if anyone gave you a second look. It's not like the airport... there they definitely keep a closer eye on travelers.

Your own mileage may vary of course.

Border crossing to Macau is really smooth, but for gear whores with all their luggage and imagine a whole bunch of such gear pimps that'll attract attention I guess.

But you're right, going civilian style with a disassembled AEG packed in an inconspicuous rucksack that could work. So simple, never thought of that, thanks. :)

Border crossing to Macau is really smooth, but for gear whores with all their luggage and imagine a whole bunch of such gear pimps that'll attract attention I guess.

But you're right, going civilian style with a disassembled AEG packed in an inconspicuous rucksack that could work. So simple, never thought of that, thanks. :)

they don't even x-ray on both sides of the delta

I'm leaving for mainland in 2 days, and from there to HK in a couple wks. A quick question before I go:

Is it possible to buy guns from G&P directly? From googlemap, they are only a couple miles from mongkok.

Does RSOV have a walk in shop? If so, what's their address? I'm having heck of a time finding it on their website. and what about Ebaybanned?

I might not have any internet connection after leaving the US, so a quick answer would be appreciated. :)

I'm leaving for mainland in 2 days, and from there to HK in a couple wks. A quick question before I go:

Is it possible to buy guns from G&P directly? From googlemap, they are only a couple miles from mongkok.

Does RSOV have a walk in shop? If so, what's their address? I'm having heck of a time finding it on their website. and what about Ebaybanned?

I might not have any internet connection after leaving the US, so a quick answer would be appreciated. :)

RSOV does not have a walk in shop, but Gunner does and will let you handle all of their ACM's. The best prices for MPEG's are found over at S-3 airsoft just down the street ($10-$15 less than Gunner), though Guns N' Guys offers very similar prices to S-3. The best selection of MPEG's is over at Cop-9, but the prices are higher... Can't imagine why as the shop is just the guns lined up along the wall like a Flea Market booth. The shops in Mong Kok are all within a 30 second walk of each other.

I have no idea about ebaybanned or G&P walk-ins.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

hey guys,

I'm in Hong Kong and I had purchased some red dots(hurricane holo sight, acog) and some parts for my M4. What should I do to prepare to bring them back to the US? should I just stick the things under some clothes in my "check in" luggage? I'm just kinda worried I'll never see them again once I get back to the states. Thanks!

-Julian

Anything that looks like a gun, ship it. Other wise you can just check it into your luggage. Last year I brought back an aimpoint among other parts for a G36 and I had no problems.

Alright Thanks a Bunch, Thats really helpful. if I get a gun, I need to spray paint the front bright orange and putty up the trades right?

-Julian

I just travled to Eruope, so if your flying to hongkong bu delta airway you can take:

replica firearms in your check luggage/bag

You can even take RS parts in you check luggage/bag, heck you can take axes etc too....

For those of you who have never flown check luggage is what goes in the cargo compartment.

Carry on however is quite strict

That delta's rules anyway....not sure about other airlines.

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring up a month old post.. anyway, i'm going to HK in a week time and gonna do a small shopping during that time..

Is there a place where i can get a Pelican case for rifle in HK? and how is the price, compared to the RRP in US... online shops in US sells under RRP, but the shipping are astronomical. or perhaps an alternative brand? hehehehe

Also, I'll be traveling to Macau aswell, will i be ok bringing the stuffs from HK to Macau? cause i'll be taking a flight back from macau and want to make sure the legalities first. At most i'm only bringing some metal slides, an electric mag, and a pelican case - last choice :P...

Thanks,

Nicho

• 4 weeks later...

oh lol if only I saw this topic sooner :P

There are pelican cases for sale here, at a fair price. Still expensive though and will need to be ordered and so there'll be a waiting time.

Not that it'll be useful to you now... :P

Anyone that has questions should try PMing or msning Hong Kongers, instead of posting on a dusty thread. ;)

• 1 month later...

I left HK...

However, Edinburgh is awesome.

I have four female flatmates and all of them are happy-in-the-pantaloons-attractive. One is a lesbian, and yet she is now regularly forsaking her bed for mine.

It almost makes up for the lack of airsofting.

Almost.

:(

• 4 weeks later...

Yes sad although there's quite some development in the HK Airsoft scene. Not all heading in the right direction but interesting at least. Anybody tried that new site with that huge ridiculous labyrinth?

Archived