Anyone from Hong Kong?

bronney

So, are HKers going to infiltrate and undermine Arnies or what :) ?

ooh... viva de la arnies revolution!!!111oneone11121twelve

*ahem* *runs*

I think in the clubs, all they do is shoot at targets.

Doesnt seem too interesting to me

that's what i meant by CQB practise... you have to hit targets in a time limit... and they teach you some techniques too... i've only been once on a one-off...

and oh yeh guys, the one in NP is closed down i think... i couldnt find the web page or phone number etc. i'm not sure, i just cant find them.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive found S-3 has great prices, although they only have a limited selection of AEGs.

S-3 is kind of rude and I suspect they rip people off...

They sold my friend a TM aK47 for $1500, when usually it's aoubnd $1200-1300...

Plus the shopkeep was very rude last time I went there.

that's what i meant by CQB practise... you have to hit targets in a time limit... and they teach you some techniques too... i've only been once on a one-off...

and oh yeh guys, the one in NP is closed down i think... i couldnt find the web page or phone number etc. i'm not sure, i just cant find them.

I just talk to my friend who bought a 2nd hand WA off someone, that guy says he still goes to the NP place. So maybe it's not closed yet.

And on another thought after discussing with him I think the intro lesson is worth it cuz they teach how to draw, what not to do in combat, where not to point your gun, how to hold it properly, etc. I am so new to this I don't even have a holster to draw from but I am starting to see the point. Some intro firearms training before I show up at tuen mun would be nice ^_^

So anyone got a good club to join to learn? Or can I just learn everything from you guys and get you a nice reddot for the fee instead? *le temptations*..

S-3 is kind of rude and I suspect they rip people off...

They sold my friend a TM aK47 for $1500, when usually it's aoubnd $1200-1300...

Plus the shopkeep was very rude last time I went there.

Wouldn't suprise me if they rip off people, which shop here does not?

They are also rude or not that friendly - just one of the so many shops here, that never heard of the two words "Customer Relationship" or "Public Relations" etc.

But luckily they just got cheap *albatross* stuff and copy cat vests and stuff, so nobody depends from their ######.

For all non-Chinese, who plan to shop here:

Goto Redwolf Airsoft. The Boss Paul Chu (native English speaker) or his Staff are dedicated to Airsoft and are glad to help you or even show you certain products, even they actually don't focus on walk-in business. I've been there last year and I was suprised about the friendlyness and dedication of Paul. A huge difference to the local shops in the Kwong Wah St where almost all the local Airsoft shops are located. The shops there are mostly rip off for non-Chinese.

For all that want quality products and a more professional and convenient shopping atmosphere:

Go to "Supreme. Co". They are also not directly in the Kwong Wah St., but in in the 18th Floor of a nearby Office Building. They got all the quality products for Geardos from Manufacturers like Blackhawk, SDS, Eagle, Surefire, Altama, Tactical Tailor, 5.11, Paraclete etc. etc. and have no cheap *albatross* sh*t like S-3 and others alike (www.supremco.com.hk).

As for Gunsmiths there's a reliable one in the Kwong Wah St.: "Marine Shop". The Boss seems to be honest and will normally finish the job as promised and on time. His shop is very small and his assortment as well, but he belongs to the old Guard of the HK Airsoft scene, that know Airsoft is more than just a means for making money.

before you know it there'll be a airsoft equivalent of the Ghurkas... lol made up of HK softers attending the future AG games.

I quite like summer games in HK. It's a major test of concentration and patience when you're in a thick shrubs sweating your *albatross* off like a pig... trying to keep the radio as quiet as possible and then some other dude forgot to bring his hands free kit for the radio and goes "Blip!"

then everyone gets up to shoot and you realise that both teams are within 15 metres of yourself... lol

so much for the pointman... :D

next time

*steals Will's IR trip-wires*

:diablo:

Wouldn't suprise me if they rip off people, which shop here does not?

They are also rude or not that friendly - just one of the so many shops here, that never heard of the two words "Customer Relationship" or "Public Relations" etc.

But luckily they just got cheap *albatross* stuff and copy cat vests and stuff, so nobody depends from their ######.

For all non-Chinese, who plan to shop here:

Goto Redwolf Airsoft. The Boss Paul Chu (native English speaker) or his Staff are dedicated to Airsoft and are glad to help you or even show you certain products, even they actually don't focus on walk-in business. I've been there last year and I was suprised about the friendlyness and dedication of Paul. A huge difference to the local shops in the Kwong Wah St where almost all the local Airsoft shops are located. The shops there are mostly rip off for non-Chinese.

For all that want quality products and a more professional and convenient shopping atmosphere:

Go to "Supreme. Co". They are also not directly in the Kwong Wah St., but in in the 18th Floor of a nearby Office Building. They got all the quality products for Geardos from Manufacturers like Blackhawk, SDS, Eagle, Surefire, Altama, Tactical Tailor, 5.11, Paraclete etc. etc. and have no cheap *albatross* sh*t like S-3 and others alike (www.supremco.com.hk).

As for Gunsmiths there's a reliable one in the Kwong Wah St.: "Marine Shop". The Boss seems to be honest and will normally finish the job as promised and on time. His shop is very small and his assortment as well, but he belongs to the old Guard of the HK Airsoft scene, that know Airsoft is more than just a means for making money.

Yes, the only thing I buy at S3 is clothes, bbs and gas.

Those are reasonably priced, the guns aren't.

A few things:

1. The north point place is no more. It's actually right behind where I work and I went there last week and the place is now a wholesale beer store heh.

2. I plan to attend the April 3rd Game in tuen mun but I am a total newbie. Never tried any kind of wargame or shooting at moving targets before. Will that be a problem? Are we supposed to have some CQB training before going there?

3. Does the place have AEG for hire? I will go get my basic gears this week, preferably a top, pants, gloves, vest to hold mags, eye/face-protection helmet? Is helmet neccessary? And do any of you recommend 2nd handed for a newbie?

KWP are you attending on April 3rd? Thanks.

heh...

good luck... I didn't know there's a site in Tuen Moon or however you spell it. I got relatives that live there. Bit too hot for my liking. but the air is so much better than the central parts.

If you can get your own goggles then you'll be fine, and maybe a scarf thing too, just to stop shots to your neck etc. You can try face masks like paintball but you'll sweat like a pig. What's the climate like in HK at the moment? Mum called me a few weeks back and said it's getting cooler than usual... :mellow:

well... you should be able to rent guns, I'm sure. That's how they make money right?

maybe you can post pics up of that place here. After you've been... I'd like to try that place when I get back... (in a decade or so... :D )

as for advice for newbie 'softers... don't stay still damnit. lol

if you think someone is going to shoot at you, shoot back at the general direction and run like a thief!!! then you can go to a more experienced player and ask them for help etc...

/summon LV 90 dude

lol

Yo billy the pics are on page 2 of this thread. So you're saying I don't need shirt and pants. But wear normal shirt and pants like jeans? But a helmet, goggles and scarf is a must right?

I am guessing we don't need boots for urbans. And yeah I'll try not to stay still.. it's just dumb hehe. Or better yet, stick a "shoot me i is a noob!" on my back :)

KWP, thanks for giving me the link for the Supremeco website. Definitely going to give them a visit when Ive saved up enough cash again :)

Also, I think you can't rent guns ( KWP mentioned that earlier) and that you have to bring your own gun/gear. Lucky its a 1J limit, HK People seem to love having high power guns that hurt like sh*t.

Cheers, I hope to attend it.

When is the deadline for registration? I hope to bring one or two friends along, we are only about 15 or so, is that ok?

Cheers!

KWP,

I need to know whether the game on April 3rd is in Siu Lam flea market or the water purifying factory. And whether it's ok with only pistol because I only have pistols. I am very interested and would also like to bring along 1 friend. Thanks mate.

Hello cruxed and bronney,

On next Sunday (27th March 2005) we’ll be going to the “Water Purifying Factory”, which was part of Jacky Chan’s movie “Police Story”.

It’s a large CQC area and only stock guns (perforation of 1 can side only) will be allowed.

Costs: HK$180 for transportation from Kwong Wah St. to the factory and back, lunch box and drink.

Never heard of an age limit for a game here in HK. However, to answer your question this game is open for all ages and gender ... young female Airsofters are always welcome.

NOTE: There is NO equipment rental of whatsoever (clothes, guns, bbs, masks etc.).

KWP,

Thanks for quick reply. I am going to get some gears tonite in wan chai or MK. Preferably some second hand stuff. See how this works out because I am trying desperately to get a hold of an ICS MP5A4 and it seems UN, Tokyo Model, and Den's are all out of stock. I am trying WGC and hopefully can get everything ready by Sunday.

Will confirm you whether I can make it before friday ok? The price seems ok considering it includes bus and lunch. As as you said "young female airsofters are always welcome" keke.

Brooney, dont tell me you are buying online.

The following stores in Hong Kong stock the ICS MP5. (btw excellent choice)

- GunsNGuys (Mongkok)

- War4Toys (Mongkok [not very sure if they still have it, i bought it from them])

- UN Co. (Wanchai)

The cost of it is around 1500- ish, maybe a bit more.

Last time I checked UN Co's shop, they gave it at 1500-ish with a free battery for it. Good deal I think

Good luck with your buy, and remember: buying online on Hong Kong shops if you are in Hong Kong is not a good idea. Prices are way cheaper on the street and you dont have to pay for shipping ;)

Thanks for reminding buddy :) Of course I am not buying online la. I called UN and they say they're out of stock on the A4, maybe I give them a visit later for the A2 but I don't wanna use the same gun as you so we can both be a little "special" hehe.

Will check out War 4 later also, good people. I am more worried in getting gears because dont really know what's needed for urbans. Do you wear a helmet?

Hi KWP

This game with your team as I might have a few mates who are interested for a bit of fun. I heard there is a game with some IPSC shooters during the Easter break but pending details. I wont be anywhere as fast as these dudes but its all OE pistols and one can learn a lot from such pro players.

Some shops are known to be black listed by me and friends whilst others offer the cheapest price so just bloody rude full stop! I hate guns n guys n never buy off em n that other little 2nd hand shop which the owner swore at my friend. This place over charges for everything as he doesnt do any street business but swearing....is there a real need now! I use DEN for most gun parts nd S-3 for bits n bobs and know both owners very well so no shat from them.

I've been to the TST venue a few times but I dont like its as its so small. Only uses cardboard boxes to customise your own field. Plus everything our team goes there we have to sweep up the BBs as u can slip and break something quite easily. I've yet to visit the factory but agree its very expensive for the usage of an abandoned building.

Anyone wanna buy my mod P90 ar? haha

Cheers

J

Hello cruxed and bronney,

On next Sunday (27th March 2005) we’ll be going to the “Water Purifying Factory”, which was part of Jacky Chan’s movie “Police Story”.

It’s a large CQC area and only stock guns (perforation of 1 can side only) will be allowed.

Costs: HK$180 for transportation from Kwong Wah St. to the factory and back, lunch box and drink.

Never heard of an age limit for a game here in HK. However, to answer your question this game is open for all ages and gender ... young female Airsofters are always welcome.

NOTE: There is NO equipment rental of whatsoever (clothes, guns, bbs, masks etc.).

I dont wear a helmet as I dont play CQB at all.

I usually play Woodland/Open Terrains, therefore, I wear a Boonie Hate, which is getting rather small.

Fed up with the expensive cost of CBG (combat games), I am soon going to find some other site preferrably with CQB so I will be buying a helmet quite soon, hopefully in OD.

Brooney, I suggest you dont buy a vest yet. There is a valuable lesson to be learned, and I have probably learned it the hard way.

Save up your money to either buy Real gear, or high-end gear from reputable airsoft retailers (eg. Guarder), and not waste all your money on airsoft cheapo gear

I have bought two 'SAS in action' branded omega style vests and the quality and stitching is nothing compared to my recently bought Black Hawk Recon Chest Harness (great buy). As I like MOLLE, I have found the airsoft rip-off MOLLE webbing to be very loose and not very well made, while the real stuff is both strong and stiff as hell!!!

Hope this helps. Cheers Mate.

Matey this helps a lot as I didn't go shop tonite. My buddy is going to MK tomorrow to pick up his WA cylinder fit so I go with him tomorrow to War 4. I called UN again and all their ICS are out of stock. War 4 has the A2 confirmed so I'll get that tomorrow.

The problem is if I don't have enough money for a real steel vest now where should I keep my magazines? Is it ok to just get cheapo holster and mag holders but not the vest?

I have another buddy in singapore who can get real gear cheap cuz he's in the army :)

Although S-3 has ###### service, they still have some OK gear.

They have some thigh holsters, and thigh MP5 magazine pouches for a cheap price. I would recommend you to get these instead of a full vest as:

1. Hong kong summers get HOT and you will be sweating like mad in a vest

2. Save up for a better vest if you insist on getting one

and the cheapo holsters/thing magazine pouches will do well.

Just try to avoid the salesman, and go to the back of the shop, where you will find thigh holsters and magazine pouches. Just remember to pick up a strong stiff duty belt, as it will help prevent the sagging and the weight on your thighs a lot!

Cheers!

First of all:

NEWS UPDATE:

There will be a rather big mission-based competition game on 17th April 2005.

That game will be quite complex and requires strict team work and discipline.

There will be no break during the whole day. It is indeed so complex that a meeting of all team leaders will be held tomorrow evening for briefing and negotiation of details. Anyway, I know there are still teams looking for people to join as there's a requirement of at least 9 per team and no maximum limit.

Is it March 27th or April 3rd?

Thanks for your quick reply

Sunday, 27th March 2005.

EDIT: GAME CANCELLED, OTHER GAME INSTEAD ON SATURDAY 26th March 2005 IN TAI TONG, NT.

KWP,

{...}

Will confirm you whether I can make it before friday ok?  The price seems ok considering it includes bus and lunch.  As as you said "young female airsofters are always welcome" keke.

EDIT: PLEASE DISREGARD THE FOLLWOING, BECAUSE GAME WAS CANCELLED, OTHER GAME INSTEAD ON SATURDAY 26th March 2005 IN TAI TONG, NT.

Confirm asap, but should be no problem until friday. With HK$180 this site

is the most expensive one in HK (afaik), but in my opinion still worth it as it's

unique and booked not just by Airsofters, but also used by TV stations Ad companies

etc. So we can regard us lucky being able to play there at all.

Hi KWP

{...}

Some shops are known to be black listed by me and friends whilst others offer the cheapest price so just bloody rude full stop!  I hate guns n guys n never buy off em n that other little 2nd hand shop which the owner swore at my friend. This place over charges for everything as he doesnt do any street business but swearing....is there a real need now!  I use DEN for most gun parts nd S-3 for bits n bobs and know both owners very well so no shat from them.

I've been to the TST venue a few times but I dont like its as its so small.  Only uses cardboard boxes to customise your own field.  Plus everything our team goes there we have to sweep up the BBs as u can slip and break something quite easily.  I've yet to visit the factory but agree its very expensive for the usage of an abandoned building.

Of course, if you know the market and the products, then you can go straight to DEN

S-3, WAR4 etc. and buy your stuff, but if you don't and you want some honest

opinion or advice, then you are an easy victim for all the shops in the KW St. with one or

two exceptions.

The TST venue is closed, so we don't need to bother about it anymore, but agree

it was kinda small. Seems the only air-conned indoor venues left play IPSC or

Paintball, too bad.

But make sure the thigh holsters are comfortable.

Some find it comfortable while others dont. Try running around the place with it and see if it feels comfy (hopefully with the weight of your gun it)

Personally, I dont really like it, but it seems the majority do.

I guess its jus personal taste :P

Cheers, Happy shopping in MK, Ill be working my *albatross* off at school :(, at least Easter Holidays are something to look forward to :)

First, thanks KWP for updates. I am looking towards a more urban setting as I don't wanna go full gear yet. And will definitely join your urban games in the future. You seems like a respectable man :)

And Cruxed (my trainer hehe, I am 30 years old btw ;)), I should get a bag of 50 cents lying in my house tomorrow to try the weight. Thanks for reminding though I'd look real stupid jogging with dimes hehe. I copied down what I wanted on a piece of paper already and here's my list for tomorrow, ignoring the gun for now as I am still procrastinating on it while an older friend who retired from WG already has a M1A1 to lend me but it's over-powered (sorry for long sentence):

S-3 / or clothing store in the middle of building:

1. leg holster for glock/usp compact x1

2. leg MP5 mag holder x3 pockets |MP5|Pistol|BB Loader

3. nice and strong util. belt x1

4. gloves x1

5. scarf x1

6. half face mask for mouth CS style x1

7. maybe utility pouch on the back x1 for smokes

War4

1. OD Helm with lens (biker style) x1

I really wanted the black SWAT style but I think eventually I'd go woodland so I picked the green stuffs. And for shirts and pants just get some cheapos from giodanos hehe.

Archived