Anyone from Hong Kong?

bronney

I just use a Y belt with a few pouches for my woodland games. Full face mask if its near the HK J limit and just googles if its OE. A few other items to protect my neck n nomex gloves.

I find more and more players are wearing less equipment for the HOT summers of HK. Bare items like a camo water backpack with a few pockets for clips. Its really hard work playing in humid sunny conditions all day long...maybe I'm just getting old! haha

I use to carry a sidearm but stopped as I dont find much use for it and I'm always loaded with ammo. I've even taken off my 3 point sling on my sr16 to reduce the barrel wobble problem. Only sling it on the stock ring to Y belt shouler ring for easy carriage.

I guess after a few games each and every person adapts their equipment to best suit themselves.

Cheers

J

But make sure the thigh holsters are comfortable.

Some find it comfortable while others dont. Try running around the place with it and see if it feels comfy (hopefully with the weight of your gun it)

Personally, I dont really like it, but it seems the majority do.

I guess its jus personal taste :P

Cheers, Happy shopping in MK, Ill be working my *albatross* off at school :(, at least Easter Holidays are something to look forward to :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few things:

1. The north point place is no more.  It's actually right behind where I work and I went there last week and the place is now a wholesale beer store heh.

ADDRESS? wholesale beer store? :P hmm... will have to check it out when im back in HK :P

Brooney, dont tell me you are buying online.

The following stores in Hong Kong stock the ICS MP5. (btw excellent choice)

- GunsNGuys (Mongkok)

- War4Toys (Mongkok [not very sure if they still have it, i bought it from them])

- UN Co. (Wanchai)

War4, i dont recommend them... prices for guns are expensive, their service isnt great... they take your gun to the back of the store (where you're not allowed) after you said you'll buy it, and come back out to package it for you... something SERIOUSLY fishy there...

and the way they speak (yes i do sociology and a lil psychology at uni) sounds like they're trying to lure you into something... i dont know if they want returning customers or what but i dont expect the staff to manipulate people into coming back just because they can influence you on what to do... i mean the price i pay for is for the product and the services, not a rip off product and manipulating charges...

it's just me but i DID have some bad experiences with them...

This is their address I believe and the name's gun king. It's 1 min. from my work.

http://www.topactionclub.com/locate/locate.html

And it's closed.

War4 is weird now that you mentioned it. Last time when I was looking for a laser for the usp compact, they say yeah that might fit. I took a walk and comes back asked to see it, they won't let me see it. I told them if I can't see it how the hell would I know if it'll fit. And he goes it's packed.

Ah well, I walked out. This is one of the things that kept me coming back to DEN and UN, they always let me see things. I always make an effort to draw something down with exact measurements when shopping and once they let me see it and it fits, I'd buy it. I don't cross the harbour to save $20 which I paid for in transportation anyway hehe.

Yo billy the pics are on page 2 of this thread.  So you're saying I don't need shirt and pants.  But wear normal shirt and pants like jeans?  But a helmet, goggles and scarf is a must right?

I am guessing we don't need boots for urbans.  And yeah I'll try not to stay still.. it's just dumb hehe.  Or better yet, stick a "shoot me i is a noob!" on my back :)

dude., you probably would want to get some dpms or just some khaki/olive clothing. you don't want to get dirty and sweaty then stay in the same clothes anyway.

Just saying. no need to spend that much money in your first few games. Unless of course you got the money to burn and you don't care.

I got to warn you though... the British MKVI helmets make sh!t loads of noise if it gets hit by BBs, specially when you're in HK when people maybe shooting at you with 350+ fps etcetc... the MKVI is like a big plastic drum, if you know what I mean?

Ah billy you got a point there, full auto bb on the helmet would be super noisy for sure. Hmm.. maybe just a fisherman's hat and some goggles then. And yeah I am getting cheap olive tees and lose-fit khaki's from giodanos. Shouldn't be expensive.

KWP, I am able to make it on Sunday, along with 2-3 of my mates if you dont mind.

Could you please give me full details? (Time and Place of Pick-up, Time of Drop-off), so I can inform my mates!

Thanks KWP!

oops, my bad, just saw your edit there, sunday game cancelled. For the saturday game then, what will be the details, not sure if I can go if its on saturday

First, thanks KWP for updates.  I am looking towards a more urban setting as I don't wanna go full gear yet.  And will definitely join your urban games in the future.  You seems like a respectable man :)

And Cruxed (my trainer hehe, I am 30 years old btw ;)), I should get a bag of 50 cents lying in my house tomorrow to try the weight.  Thanks for reminding though I'd look real stupid jogging with dimes hehe.  I copied down what I wanted on a piece of paper already and here's my list for tomorrow, ignoring the gun for now as I am still procrastinating on it while an older friend who retired from WG already has a M1A1 to lend me but it's over-powered (sorry for long sentence):

S-3 / or clothing store in the middle of building:

1. leg holster for glock/usp compact x1

2. leg MP5 mag holder x3 pockets |MP5|Pistol|BB Loader

3. nice and strong util. belt x1

4. gloves x1

5. scarf x1

6. half face mask for mouth CS style x1

7. maybe utility pouch on the back x1 for smokes

War4

1. OD Helm with lens (biker style) x1

I really wanted the black SWAT style but I think eventually I'd go woodland so I picked the green stuffs.  And for shirts and pants just get some cheapos from giodanos hehe.

I don't see any goggles on that list... Naughty naughty.

Get goggles, the G&P ones are nice and only 70-80 HKD.

Don' skimp on your eyes, you only have two.

I don't see any goggles on that list... Naughty naughty.

Get goggles, the G&P  ones are nice and only 70-80 HKD.

Don' skimp on your eyes, you only have two.

DarkLite, it says right there. It isnt goggle, but it is a visor.

'OD Helmet with lens (biker style)'...

On the other hand, i would forget about the lens and just buy Bolle X800s if you dont wear glasses or the Bolle X500s if you do. They are truly superb :)

{...}

oops, my bad, just saw your edit there, sunday game cancelled. For the saturday game then, what will be the details, not sure if I can go if its on saturday

Sorry for the cancelled game. You won't believe it, but right after I pushed the submit button my friend called me and said the game is cancelled.

As for the Saturday game. I won't be there, but I can help you arrange it.

Meeting Point is KW St. (Post Office) and time should be 8:45am as usual.

Price varies depending on the game organizer, but should be around HK$140-160 including transport and lunch.

Sorry, but my mates dont seem to be interested in it if it is on saturday. :(

Could you please tell us of future events (preferrably with 1J limits ;)) that are not too serious or milsimish so that me and my mates can all join and have fun!

On the other hand, i would forget about the lens and just buy Bolle X800s if you dont wear glasses or the Bolle X500s if you do. They are truly superb :)

Ay, I got both sets of goggles. Great stuff and really cheap in comparison to the others etc...

Though I wouldn't wear 500s in HK simply because I'd be sweating like a mofo!!!

Thanks darklite (daddy) for concerns :) I ditched the helm + lens and bought myself a pair of Bolle X800 lu :) Also have the glasses adapter and will have it done by this week in the opticians. They're nice with air slit in front so it shouldn't be that bad..

That's another reason why I can't make KWP's saturday game. Want to take this gear buying thing slowly because my wallet is getting real light :P

My face is real weird though cuz there're 2 points of a little uncomfy. I tried the 500, they're comfy but it's really warm inside :( So I got the 800 instead.

I don't gamble with my eyes babes.

:blink:

did you just call darklite daddy???

:blink:

I take it you're his son eh?

but of course!

:unsure:

yeah I got the 500s cus they're just cheap... If I had more money I'd get the lens adapter thingy for my 800s. cus they rock. and they fit pretty much any helmet too if you need to wear it.

Sorry, but my mates dont seem to be interested in it if it is on saturday. :(

Could you please tell us of future events (preferrably with 1J limits ;)) that are not too serious or milsimish so that me and my mates can all join and have fun!

No problem, I keep ye current. Oh, all games are about fun.

See, that can happen during a HK game:

Bl**dy civilians crossing the line of fire :D:

gallery_133_71_59994.jpg

LOL Darklite.. still waiting for episode 3 eh :).

KWP, gotto love that pic. How do you inform others to cease fire though wouldn't it be messy? Oh btw, I just got a G36C and now's it's just holsters and mag pockets and I'm ready for some action. Got my bolle adapter in opticians too and will have it by 31st. Looking forward to meat you guys.

{...}

KWP, gotto love that pic.  How do you inform others to cease fire though wouldn't it be messy?  Oh btw, I just got a G36C and now's it's just holsters and mag pockets and I'm ready for some action.  Got my bolle adapter in opticians too and will have it by 31st.  Looking forward to meat you guys.

Hi bronney,

Are you the friend of CTattack? Welcome to play with us.

Always good to have fresh meat to shoot at :D.

How to inform others? Why? Isn't that called err...collateral damage :D *joking?

fresh meat??? :blink:

*theys bes orcses precious!!!!*

*Orses that bes Star Wars Fanses!!! Gollum!!! that bes treacherous*

:)

you mean??? the site has a public path going through it?

That's a health and safety violation no doubt!!!

Don't let me bro get to this thread... he'll hit ya with his coursework notes.

:D

fresh meat???  :blink: 

*theys bes orcses precious!!!!*

*Orses that bes Star Wars Fanses!!! Gollum!!! that bes treacherous*

:)

you mean??? the site has a public path going through it?

That's a health and safety violation no doubt!!!

Don't let me bro get to this thread... he'll hit ya with his coursework notes.

:D

From your writing style I assume you're not just an Arnaholic, but A****holic :D?

what is the fps limit in hong kong?

i wanna go skirmishing soon.

I suppose we're not allowed to speak about that here on Arnies :D.

So, I try to circumscribe it: It would easily penetrate 2 sides of a Coke can and maybe more and it hurts like hell if hit at close distance.

how many ppl usually go airsoftin in hk?

i saw alot of ppl returning by bus to kwong wa street today. i also saw a few ppl getting on a sampan in sai kung going out to an island.

very interested in goin proper airsofting with my friends this summer.

how much does it usually cost? would the shops help organize a game? also is it possible to just have a private game, where u only have ppl join by invitation?

Archived