uk sf

jonarthur

hey .. so after seeing a awsome pic of some uk special forces guy on here i really want to have ago at geting a uksf look together.

ive just had a look at the uksf page in the AI mag but it wasent much help....

all i need is a genral guide on what guns and gear to have .

at the moment im feeling :

m4a1 ris with acog scope ( sprayed ) OR AK47 ?

deset dpm combats

some kind of ciras

OR

somekind of plate carrier with a recon style rack

has anyone got any ideas on what kit to have ?

anyone got any pics of either themselfs trying a uksf kit or REAL pics of uksf ?

cheers

:D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKSF with a CIRAS? Not likely. Generally it's just Ops Vests.

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sbs/afghan/

Bunch of photos of SBS in Afghanistan.

Also, to be supercoolmilsimexact, UKSF do not use M4A1's, and use Colt Canada C8 SFW's. However, they're very much alike, so you can get away with an M4A1.

SAS, SBS use mostly the same kit as the normal squaddie, theres little difference in loadouts, just get some dessie 95's, an assault vest and a body armour cover such as the osprey (dont put pouches on the vest) then a jungle hat and your done.

zack ... dont worry im still a mc ###### ! its sometimes its nice to travel light to and from games .. its a pain luggin all that kit upto london ..

cool cats about the m4-c8 ... ill be getting a cheapsoft m4 so i wont have any trades anyway ...

looking at those pics .. nealy all of them dont wear dpm shirts .. looking at it they are wearing hiking jackets or something ..

im now feeling this :

c8 :P sprayed up

deset dpm trousers

some kind of hikeing jacket in OD or tan

either normal dpm webing OR

osprey cover with recon style mag rack over the top

shamagh ( that spelt right ? )

nomex gloves in tan

somekind of jungle hat or hiking hat .

i want to making it as lowdrag highspeed as posible so i think i might go for the webing insted of the vest and rack...

do the UK have contractors and pmc guys like the US ? im not a mister know it all when it comes to stuff like that .....

OWW OWW qwick one ... deset US tiger stripe any good ????

Look at pictures and base the gear of that, not to mention the numerous topics (or is it just one big one, I can't remember) which discuss this whole thing. Its not like Airsofters are privy to infomation you can't have, some people might have the odd new photo or read a book, but most of it is milphotos, google and the usual britkit/camping shops.

OWW OWW qwick one ... deset US tiger stripe any good ????

Any good for what? Look at the pictures, the only camouflage you will see them wearing is DPM :P

If you want to create your own image that's awesome but there's no point in asking for advice on impressions ^_^

i want to making it as lowdrag highspeed as posible

That's an American slogan (well reversed anyway), you're just not getting into the hardman SAS spirit of things are you :P

UK SF have been known to use SA80s also in the desert in limited quantities. If you choose to use one you can then also swap your loadout more easily to that of a regular soldier. However you're more likely to be recognised as 'SF' if you use the C8.

Look in the Airsoft News part of this forum. A company is releasing the outer barrel set to turn your M4 into a C8.

If you want to create your own image that's awesome but there's no point in asking for advice on impressions

There's far too much of that going on if you ask me. People asking what a load out is and then changing it completely to suit themselves, whilst still maintaining its a proper sf load out.

The best thing to do for a proper british sf loadout IMO is to wear something along the lines of british kit, in a more casual and informal way, that suits you. If its not stupidly expensive I'm sure they'll be some sf trooper out there using it.

by the way US ACU trousers wouldn't be out of place if your doing Afghan/SAS loadouts ! ;)

However Northface jackets and the SAS windprooof smock are usually the choice for the top half.

PWL/PE holsters if you must wear a leg holster but normally the internal holster of the British OPs vest is used for the sidearm (sig P226 usually)

Shemaghs are great for the look and the latest issue gloves with Magnum,Oakley SI or Adidas GSG9 boots.

The Colt Canada C8SFW would be ideal or a Minimi with 100rnd box mag although it is certainly not unknown for G3,FAL or HK53s to be taken either

From what I've read, and if I'm remembering correctly, a bunch of the SBS lads going to Afghanistan bought Matterhorns, or high quality civilian hiking boots due to issue boots being rubbish.

Also remember something about buying Lowas, but again can't remember for sure.

Most of the kit they used is simply civilian hiking kit, with a Ops Vest thrown over the top, and Desert DPM trousers. Also, bergens were all civilian hiking models due to the fact that the issue one kills your back.

//Edit: And no, Desert Tiger Stripe would not fit at all. While UKSF is well known for stealing from yanks, Desert Tiger Stripe seems to be a rather rare thing in the US Military, and I've only seen it worn by Navy Seals and (apparently) Delta.

UK SF have been known to use SA80s also in the desert in limited quantities. If you choose to use one you can then also swap your loadout more easily to that of a regular soldier. However you're more likely to be recognised as 'SF' if you use the C8.

Not much anymore, most recent photo I've seen of UKSF using SA80's was from the 1991.

messmeeting2lh.jpg

nope I hate designer skirmish kit !

personally i'm still stuck to my Magnums (as i have been for the last 17 years) but the Regiment have had the tendancy to issue the Adidas boots to the teams on UK rotation so naturally they find their way onto other jobs afterwards.

The Oakley's are just popular among some of the guy's asa private purhase when on team jobs and again often get worn rotation.

And yes I do have referances for this :)

Without breaking any opsec, this is an Iraq sf loadout

Ach helmet with firefly on rear, all sprayed up

generic level III body armour

any load bearing equipment you want

tri colour combats

any kneepads

any good boots (meindls, altbergs, lowas etc)

suppressed cqb varient c8 with all manner of classified addons

i have also seen grenade launchers, sawn off shotguns, cut down g3s, rpd, pkm.

sig p226 in a 2004 holster, also sprayed up.

Darkchild

Ah, forgot to put these here.

SAS in Iraq

UKSF-1.jpg

UKSF-2.jpg

UKSF-3.jpg

UKSF-4.jpg

Well afaik these pics are regarded to be a bit more complicated, as it´s also likely that some of these guys are US and wearing parts of british uniforms, to be better identified when working together.

I´ve seen pics of similar cooperations with german KSK showing US Special Forces in german 3col. Flecktarn but with their own M4s and Vests.

However, this may never be clearified.

Ah, good that saves me from having to hunt those pictures down. Notice the use of Desert Tiger Stripe Trousers. The are not issue to anyone but are apparently populat with UK and US SF.

Edit: You could of scaled the bloomin pictures down a bit though!

Archived