uk sf

jonarthur

Looking really good there. Not too sure about the Norotos though... And the ACOG model as well (though you've already been told that). Also haven't seen anyone UK wearing mechanix gloves - tends to be SOLAGs (but that's definitely a personal preference thing, whereas the Norotos and ACOG aren't). Still, really nice job, love the RAV!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a CA.

Dont use the front sling loop. The front sight is held in place ONLY by a grub screw. If you use a sling, the grub screw grinds itself into the barrel with the movement so the sight starts to act loose. You retighten it, 2 games later its doing the same again. Stupid design!

Also, you have to remove the sling loop by removing a pin to re-tighten the grub screw...

I would remove the normal sling point and fit one of these: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...p?idProduct=863 It goes around the barrel at the front sight point and gives a far better/more trustworthy sling point that will not make your foresight go all wobbly.

Thanks Guzzi ill remember that, Yea its a CA, i really like its solid construction and i wouldn't want it to start to rattle apart any time soon. I used to own one of the swivel slings on my m4, which also snapped.

Edit:

Space monkey, i think your onto something there. i found a few photos which may support that the sling loops are not even attached in some cases.

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas...nds/Falk2gr.jpg

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas...raleone2si5.jpg

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas...ruckassierr.jpg

(Thanks to Misfit for the pics)

Would any one agree with me in saying that in the last picture the M16 doesn't even have a rear sling loop?

k

The A2 finally arrived.

dsc00001nh1.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what sling to use or if i should remove the forward sling loop.

Any reference pics of M16a2's used by The British SAS would be appreciated. :)

k

In the heyday of the M16s use amongst the British SF community the attitude was largely that "slings are for the weak". However often a piece of para-cord would be run between the two sling loops for when conducting river crossing drills.

My completed SAS inspired Loadout Which i will be using for the national weekender.

spa0029ra1.jpg

SAS smock (customized)

SAS windproof trousers

PLCE webbing

spa0034tr0.jpg

And I'm toying with the idea of a Gulf war loadout, just need to get my hands on some old issue bits.

spa0030ld3.jpg

k

both of those items are currently in use, as well as loads of other cool shiz i cant mention without breaking opsec.

What i will do is take pics of myself carrying THEIR gear, kind of a way around it i suppose.

Ill have to figure out what i can safely do.

Just to give you an idea though.

Personally i carry: L85A2 with modded grip

Browning hi power

10x mag 5.56mm

3x mags 9mm

2 frags

2 phos

2 smoke

2 flashbangs

1x new secure PRR (not yet on general issue)

MBITR (not British issue at all ifaik)

my own plate carrier with SAPI plates (not osprey)

Whatever LBE i want

Whatever clothing i want

A baseball cap

An optional beard.

And im just a grunt.

Darkchild

Wow! :o times sure have changed, I would never imagined our forces going down that rout.

If you don't mind me asking was the plate carrier privately purchased or issued?

By the way some Special pics of my mate playing with some special toys.

n5102326134107228438ip0.jpg

n5102326134107239704ih5.jpg

k

Not sure if I ever bunged this up in any of the other threads.

uksasa.jpg

I really wish i could take pictures on my current tour and show you what the guys are wearing these days.

three words spring to mind: issued multicam UBACS.

Hk 416 anyone?

Darkchild

Had photos like that from a few years ago.

SAS20D.jpg

SASguys1.jpg

im running a WAS RICAS compact that i bought.

4x open cqb mag pouch

2x double mag pouch

1x double pistol mag pouch

2x frag pouch

1x small utility pouch

1x MBITR pouch

legs:

SPECOPs brand left handed thigh holster for M9 (fits browning perfect if you cut a groove for the mag release)

Tanto K-bar

WAS leg panel with medium medic/utility pouch for med kit.

Thats me right now. No doubt ill change stuff around million times before end of tour but i'll endeavour to takes pics of myself.

Darkchild

Not sure if I ever bunged this up in any of the other threads.

pics

Had photos like that from a few years ago.

pics

What's different (that you can point out) now? As well as the HK416/417, I mean.

Well a lot of the kit is sensitive but in terms of simple stuff:

The shirts are UBACS now, though by no means the end of random uniforms. I have seen Multicam, DPM, desert DPM, tri colour desert and ARPAT all in one team of blokes.

They all seem to favour plate carriers over soft armour now, with locally made custom plate carriers being very popular (in black of all colours).

as for pouch layouts, they seem to be totally up to the individual, though mags and frags are carried in great quantities. Helmets are worn depending on threat, though ive yet to see anybody wear one.

weapon are, as always, down to the individual. Pistols are normally p226 and seem to be carried almost as an afterthought. Primary weapons are the usual dazzling array of everything you can possibly think of, in plain and sprayed varieties.

Its hard to go into detail without breaking opsec so itll have to remain vague im afraid.

Darkchild

well those guys are not wearing soft armour under plate carriers, and are wearing helmets. They all also have armalite variants, which are not that popular.

Multicam is a lot more prevailent these days, and i have not seen any MARPAT around here.

But there are similarities. You would have to see them in person to appreciate how different they look to those Iraq photos.

Darkchild

Archived