uk sf

jonarthur

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ darkchild

oops, i was talking about the one laying on the floor, looks sub 11" to me

integrated suppressor sounds very interesting, but hard to replicate; what with the new sfw barrel out, im guessing people are going to build old school L119a1s and impressions instead

im hoping for a decent metal body with british markings to follow the sfw barrel

for a really up to date uksf, it seems they use the trickiest weapons to make impressions of ;p cunning gits.

@grumman, those seem reasonable suggestions (dont know about ROF), as well as weight concerns

tommygun: the UKSF really dont  do the gucci molle encrusted armoured to the teeth look that USSF seem to favour. mostly its low profile, or useing squaddie stuff.

unless its CRW, then still no molle tbh.

I think he meant this, current day. Basically does anyone have any recent photos, but I very much doubt it.

Without breaking any opsec, this is an Iraq sf loadout

Ach helmet with firefly on rear, all sprayed up

generic level III body armour

any load bearing equipment you want

tri colour combats

any kneepads

any good boots (meindls, altbergs, lowas etc)

suppressed cqb varient c8 with all manner of classified addons

i have also seen grenade launchers, sawn off shotguns, cut down g3s, rpd, pkm.

sig p226 in a 2004 holster, also sprayed up.

Darkchild

I was playing devils advocate because I have never seen any evidence of UKSF getting dressed up US style.

Those pics look to have been taken sometime since 2003 in Iraq and in the whole history of UK SF they have always had their own characteristic look that sets them apart.

The list that Darkchlid sets out strikes me as purely US which made me think, hang on a minute.

tommygun: the UKSF really dont  do the gucci molle encrusted armoured to the teeth look that USSF seem to favour. mostly its low profile, or useing squaddie stuff.

unless its CRW, then still no molle tbh.

I don't see why Molle Gear would be out of the question, here are some screen caps of the Pathfinder's with the so called "SF Issue Plate Carrier".

SFPlateCarrier.jpg

(Whilst your here, check out the guy on the left, he has a slightly pimped up gun..)

SFPC5.jpg

SFPlateCarrier3.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

SFPC2.jpg

for you geardos you can clearly see the new SF issue plate carrier ( elements of royal have these as well and i'v eseen lads from the SFSG knocking about with where iv'e been for last three months )

...I tell you it's like everyone has gone gucci kit mad out there - i always though i was one of the few brits with molle gear now every man and his dog has got gucci kit . Even seen a couple of grens from the OMLT wearing the older EBA with plate carriers ( carrying osprey plates ) over the top. ...

(From a member of the forces after watching the video the screen caps were taken from)

I read somewhere that Brit Special Forces still have to use the armour they are issued, not necessarily just the Osprey and the "SF Issue Plate Carrier" as they have a wider choice. I can't confirm it nor can I remember where I read it but its something to bear in mind.

I was playing devils advocate because I have never seen any evidence of UKSF getting dressed up US style.

Those pics look to have been taken sometime since 2003 in Iraq and in the whole history of UK SF they have always had their own characteristic look that sets them apart.

The list that Darkchlid sets out strikes me as purely US which made me think, hang on a minute.

I recall some UKSF went in alongside US Forces during Operation Enduring Freedom and wore similar loadouts to US Marines.

Though I suspect you're actually meaning the UKSF tend not to wear the same Gucci-fied get-up as their US counterparts?

uksffrontusspecopsrear.jpg

Last one is UKSF on joint operations with US SF personnel.

(edit)

... and as if by magic, this got posted while I was posting!

I don't think it's been confirmed which unit this guy is with but the helmet and radio rig suggest he's UKSF.

Funnily, I actually edited my post before you replied.

However, I don't have a problem with you at all, do you really wish that I cared that much? The thing is, you're arguing with a serving member of the British Army about what he has seen UKSF use in Iraq.

I'd believe him much quicker than I would believe a walt.

I recall some UKSF went in alongside US Forces during Operation Enduring Freedom and wore similar loadouts to US Marines.

Though I suspect you're actually meaning the UKSF tend not to wear the same Gucci-fied get-up as their US counterparts?

I suppose a lot of people may find it hard to stomach, but UKSF in Iraq really look almost identical to their US counterparts these days. They do gucci up their kit, a helluva lot more than us regula infantry.

Darkchild

this thread is hilarious!!!

its the best stitch-counters hand bag fight i have ever seen! even beats the time i saw two blokes at a napoleonic fair who were arguing over how many shiny buttons are supposed to be on the green jacket that sharpe wears!!!

who cares if bellas sf impression isnt exactly right, some of that gear in those pics is bloody expensive.

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sbs/afghan/

Also, Afghanistan isn't in the Middle East.

Thank you. You saved me trying to ************ (a fruitless endeavour, if you choose to try it). People need to get that from now on, most deployments of UK forces and particularly UKSF will be to 'Stan, where most population centres are around the rivers, which happens to be the green areas. Anything from desert to green to both at the same time is commonplace. Not to mention that it should be down to your skirmish site's cam and concealment opportunities to determine which colour you choose, not what the majority of the UKSF are currently wearing.

Edit: thought better of the large amount of violence in my original post.

Archived