Access to Sales forums...

Another little thought just occured to me...

To limit the possibility of people getting scammed AND to deter people from poor conduct during sales, how about setting things up so that people who're getting a slagging in the "problems with online sales" forums are stopped from starting threads in the sales forums?

I'm sure serial scammers ARE already stopped from posting in the sales forums (and everywhere else, most likely) but I reckon a simple way to routinely vito access to the sales forums might give some people the kick in the *albatross* required to sort their sales out.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't count on this Forum either last I checked

And I agree with ORH, The rep system is very effective if it is only restricted to good/bad transactions. Thats how Ebay operates.

well yes posts in the off topic section dont count but the main problem is people only posting things in the BST section in which the posts do count(look down my posts i have 60, but all of them have to do with BST)

if their sole purpose is to scam people they wont even bother posting in the off topic section(where they dont count) and will only post in the BST section. Still their post count will go up making it seem like they are helpful and contributing to this forum.

so the only way to stop this problem is either bring the rep system up(as said many times before) or make them have 50 posts to get a seller status(as said many times before)

thats just my $0.02

• 2 weeks later...
How about we start banning people who say "I'll take it" only to back out at the last moment?

This works well at several real steel forums I'm a member of, might be worth looking into.. ;)

Well, if a person backs out of more than one or 2 sales they will, hopefully, start to get reported in the "bad traders" thread and would then see their access to the sales forums limited until such time as they could convince a mod that they deserve it.

That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Hopefully it'd stop people running around the sales forums like excited puppies and offering to buy everything they see.

What about doing it via join date too? I've been coming to Arnies' for a while and I don't post in other forums much because I tend to either search for topics and get my answers or just post in the BST forum. The 100 post thing is going to be a bit hard to reach and I think would make people spam more in order to quickly reach the required post mark.

Edit: Hurrah! I hit 100 with this post!

Edited by Fluffy_Bunny
What about doing it via join date too? I've been coming to Arnies' for a while and I don't post in other forums much because I tend to either search for topics and get my answers or just post in the BST forum. The 100 post thing is going to be a bit hard to reach and I think would make people spam more in order to quickly reach the required post mark.

Edit: Hurrah! I hit 100 with this post!

Agreed. I, along with many other buyers and sellers I trust are not regular posters on arnies, but rather post to sell. I've had many many great deals go with people who have very few posts.

I'm guessing the irony of the situation is, I just made regular member group with that post.

Edited by joker8baller