Access to Sales forums...

Why do people think that they can't browse the Classifieds anymore? Just go to the link at the top of the page on the forums that is called "classifieds". From what I can tell that stuff there for those of us that Don't have 100 posts.

I've not yet tried to post a comment on one of the threads there though, so I can't totally confirm that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that 100 just sounded like a good round number, not so high that its unattainable, but hard to reach in one day without posting quite a bit of useless information.

I guess I'm just gonna have to put off browsing the sales stuff until after I find 25 more threads that I know enough about to be able to comment on.

yeah time would have been better all i do is read post and scan the BST thread for stuff I might want. Blocking us from entering was a bad idea in my opinion because there is no way I can get some 75 posts in a decent amount of time to make it worth it. I loved this site it was well organized and a strong fan base but arnies you are alienating a lot of your viewers. I will most likely not be back.

Ugh, this is a pretty terrible idea. The main reason I had for coming here was to view the Sales Forums.

So I could, you know, buy stuff (or sell it).

74 more posts to go, great.

yeah time would have been better all i do is read post and scan the BST thread for stuff I might want. Blocking us from entering was a bad idea in my opinion because there is no way I can get some 75 posts in a decent amount of time to make it worth it. I loved this site it was well organized and a strong fan base but arnies you are alienating a lot of your viewers. I will most likely not be back.

Quoted for truth. IMHO, This is not the way to encourage good trading practices. What exactly was the true point to doing this, Aside from increasing the work of the mods here having to delete more rubbish?

Just for my 2pence here. I've got a rather paltry amount of posts. I mainly came on here to shop for gear you sometimes can't get easily. I tihnk changing it was a bad idea and I agree that its alienated folks like myself.

bad idea, can't see what was wrong with the old system, if users reported others where appropriate and complied properly with the rules it would work.

Could someone tell me WHY i have this(warn%)under my tag,i've never had a bad mark and this is buging me!!!!!!

Everyone has this. Nothing to worry about... unless it starts to go up ;)

Edited by rhino

If you could do a feedback system like ebay it would be good, I always find pictures are agood help to the person being truthful. Maybe when posting pictures they should have a sheet of paper with their username on it. This atleast means they have the gun/gear in the first place, but sadly it doesnt mean they'll post it out to you.

I usually looks at peoples previous posts anyway. I also look at peoples age if its on there profile (i know its strange but i find older members are more likely to be mature).

I dont mean to tarnish younger members but some ruin it for the rest as its usually them that post silly posts like "cool gun" and offer you stupidly low amounts, like some idiot that offered £60 posted and paypalled for kit i was selling for £225 posted and paypalled.

You also get to know other members and get to see them like friends (trading or giving helpful info).

For instance theres one member (wont use names) on here that ive now baught 3 guns from, costing over £800 and also sent one of my guns to him to do some work on for me(was to thick to do it myself) whcih he did for free, obviously i paid parts and postage. Everything was sent/returned in pristine condition via a trcking service.

Since ive been skirmishing ive baught and sold a shed load of kit, and ive never had a bad deal or had a compaint (i know this is just luck).

Just noticed the change in the sales forum and thought I'd make a comment or two about it. Apologies if people find it long-winded.

IMHO setting a threshold number of posts before people can access the sales threads might or might or have an effect on spamming (who's to say that spammers won't just start spamming other threads?) but it will definitely have an effect on the people that were (IMHO again) the most likely to use and gain from the sales threads, those more or less new to the sport.

Take me for example. I have a grand total of 17 posts. I don't see them going up any time soon because:

a) I have neither any rare guns or the detailed knowledge required to post any good reviews,

B) I don't skirmish too often (in fact only skirmished once so far) because of my work load, hence can't comment on sites, game styles etc etc

c) I don't have the time (although i'd like to) browse shops etc on a regular basis so that I find something new and report it in the "airsoft news" thread.

I do however have about 40 pm' sent that could have easily been posts on sales threads. So, in effect, I've opted for pm's as opposed to posts on the threads to avoid spamming with questions such as: would you sell for £x or, would you lower the price for bulk buys, only to find myself lacking from the post threshold more than I needed to.

One of the things that attracted me to this forum was the sales threads and I've made a few purchases so far (tac gear and a GBB). In each case the transactions were quick, polite and completed without any problems (largely thanks to good sellers)

So, my point is that there are people out there that don't have enough posts, (either cause they don't have the time to post or cause they have nothing to post about) but who would still benefit from access to the sales threads like everyone else.

I understand the willingness to cut down spamming etc and I recognize that this has been done with the best of intentions but, quite possibly it's not the best way to do it. A re-think might be a good idea.