G&P cqbr Stock tube/grip removal...

merlin6823

Chaps, 2 questions I need answering please...

I know this may sound noobish, but Ive spend fairly good dosh on a decent gun and never done any work on them before, so before I wade in not knowing how these are put together can I just have a bit of advice please...

Firstly, I just ordered a king arms club foot stock and battery for my g&p cqbr. When I remove the old stock tube is it just a case of unscrewing the retaaining ring and pulling it off?

Secondly, Im also getting a new pistol grip for it. I beleive the motor is help inside, is it a straight forwards swap over?

Thanks......just don't want to unscrew anything and have springs/clips shooting out unexpectedly! :)

Thanks guys for any advice,

Mart

Stock tube:

Remove stock, remove end cap(small Allen bolt underneath) and then drop down a long Phillips screwdriver and unscrew the large bolt which screws into the rear of the gearbox/spring guide.

Pistol grip:

Remove motor plate(2 screws), disconnect wires and remove motor, reach inside with Phillips screwdriver and unscrew 2-4 bolts, depending, which hold the grip to the gearbox. Reverse procedure for new grip.

What KA stock and tube are you fitting exactly? Got a link?

Also, you will probably need to adjust your motor height after fitting the new grip. If you hear a horrible screeching noise, it's probably this.

There are some guides on this forum that with any luck should be found with the search for 'motor height.' It is kind of an art and not a science, though.

Screw the adjustment bolt all the way in until it tightens, don't force it. Then unscrew it 3/4 of a turn. Then while firing it in full auto, and listening to the ROF, screw the adjustment bolt out(or in) to obtain the optimum ROF without over un-screwing it. You need it as far in, for max contact, but not so far in that the gears bind and you lose ROF.

For further info on setting up the pinion to bevel gear contact, which is vital, read what I wrote below:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=67255&hl=

Thanks, very helpful. Tommy I cant pull a link from WGC Shop, put the part no. - KA-STOCK-08BK96 in and you will see it.

I found the G&P crane to be ######. I really dont think £350 for a gun where the stock is a ###### fit is good, but apparently they are all like it (and in the shop, they were). CA ones feel/look/fit better but for the rest of the gun the g&p is far, far better.

Thanks mate, if I need any more help i'll pm ya, you seem to be the man in the know!

Ta,

Mart

Archived