Why I wear armor....

Icemaster109

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just wear foam inserts for armor to better replicate the look with my Interceptor and CIRAS without having any weight disadvantages. The extra protection of Cordura is also nice.

I know some of you out there would roll with Kevlar and SAPI plates, and that scares me a little.

sod that, i just mean the foam / material armour cover, more contoring till someone makes replica sapi plates the conform to my torso without squishing stuff....

R

I bet Underarmor must be real interesting for you then.

On topic: I wear a plate carrier with the fake SAPI plates in them. Truthfully I don't notice it making much of a difference, except that my gear fits better over my skinny asian *albatross*.

I wear replica sapi plates because it stiffens up my plate carrier preventing it from sagging or flexing in the wrong places.

I also wear a paca with no soft armor inserts because it gives a nice smooth surface for the plate carrier to sit against rather than rub against my bdu's and thusly my chest causing chafing due to folds in the bdu material.

Well seeing as brit CBA is supposed to be worn *under* your smock, i really see no point in wearing armour with my Brit inf loadout.

Wearing it under your smck hads two advantages

1) you can access your pockets

2) in the real world it means you dont get your pocket ocntents punched thruogh you when you're hit by a round that is stopped by the armour.

You'll occasioanlly see CBA worn as an outer layer but its not supposed to be (mainly in hot places)

I've played in combat trousers and vest countless times, personally i dont think i've ever had a BB hit that bothered me that much in seven years of playing, a few from hot guns to the head close up have stung a bit and i had one open up my bottom lip once but you know its not worse than when i played for paintball team and was covered in big brusies weekley after a game/tourny.

Body armour cos it looks cool is fine, i dont think you really have to justufy it anymore than that, if it was baout protection than a thick fleece will do the same job, wweigh less and be more flexible.

Cool for cools sake is fine by me... I'm probably the most narcisitic bloke who loves getting dressed up i know :)

I've worn my CBA for the sake of it with dessies before an my m69 US flak jacket with my nam loadout for the same reason and equally a lot of the old LFO (myself included) used to wear the bundeshwer armour vest as part of the team kit.

GadgeAirsoft-1.jpg

I wear armour because its part of my specific impression, Black Hawk Down Delta Force. and two Interceptors for US infantry and USMC impressions. But i got a member in the team with the same BHD delta armour as me but uses it in a protection role.

Grim

Archived