airsoft+paintball= airpaintball?

j2dag93

There are some high quality airsoft paintballs on the horizon apparently. To be honest, if they didn't break inside the gun or magazine i'd be all for using them.

Not to shower everyone in paint and i certainly wouldn't want to use the "its only a hit if it leaves paint" rule, but it may lessen injuries. No more broken teeth surely?

simple pyhisics states that the mechanical forces acting on a BB inside the gun are far greater than the force of the BB hitting clothing.

Mostly due to the soft nature of the clothing taking the impact over alonger time.

Paintballs are launched by mere pressure, right?

simple pyhisics states that the mechanical forces acting on a BB inside the gun are far greater than the force of the BB hitting clothing.

Mostly due to the soft nature of the clothing taking the impact over alonger time.

What he said.

It works for a paintball the size of a marble cos the weight carries enough energy to burst the skin of the projectile.

6mm projectile simply has too small a surface area for the paint inside to be able to surst it easily.

You'd need to invent depleted uranium paint before these'd work.

Incidentally, I have a bottle of paint BBs that don't break when you shoot them. I even tried firing them through my P90 (cos that has the easiest hop to clean) and they were fine.

Only problem is that, as predicted, pretty much non of them burst when fired at a pillow and only about half burst when fired at a wall.

Archived