Marushin FN 5-7 6mm

PenGun

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I'm saying bleating on on about it on a forum doesn't do any good.

Damn wish I saw this thread before I ordered that sidearm.

I'm sorry my friend poison123, we didn't bleat quick enough. Snowman is right, all the bleating in the world could not make the Marushin 5-7 a good gunzer. :(

*Shrugs* oh well guess I'll have to suck it up and play with it anyway.

This is uncanny.. you sound just like my wife. :blink:

Do I have this gun?

I actually had high hopes - I love the 5-7 cos it's so ugly!

But from what PenGun said:

1) Second hop up makes accuracy ######.

2) BLUE TRADES AAAAAAARGH THE GOGGLES THEY DO NOTHING

3) 18 rounds??!??!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! With the huge mags? Less than the REAL ONE.

4) Tall plastic front sight. Plastic pistol sights are always a problem for me.

Why the *fruitcage* would I want to have this gun? :blink:

1) Can be fixed.

2) Can supposedly be fixed with a bit of elbow grease. (You can also add the white markings to the sights.)

3) Whoopedoo, two rounds less than a real one. Now I admit 18 rounds is a tad small for such a large mag, but there are lots of small capacity pistols out there.

4) Isn't the real front sight plastic? What's wrong with plastic pistol sights? Real Glocks have both the front and rear sights made out of plastic.

If you really want to bash a product, you might want to at least get to hold it and see how it works before passing judgement.

-Sale

1) Can be fixed.

2) Can supposedly be fixed with a bit of elbow grease. (You can also add the white markings to the sights.)

3) Whoopedoo, two rounds less than a real one. Now I admit 18 rounds is a tad small for such a large mag, but there are lots of small capacity pistols out there.

4) Isn't the real front sight plastic? What's wrong with plastic pistol sights? Real Glocks have both the front and rear sights made out of plastic.

If you really want to bash a product, you might want to at least get to hold it and see how it works before passing judgement.

-Sale

Woohoo! Sounds *fruitcage* great, hang on while I get my credit card out and buy this piece of *beep*. :lol:

Get real, I can't even justify buying a cheap new TM 5.1 again, even though I want it so much sometimes I just soil my pants spontaneously (or maybe that's for other reasons, I'm not sure).

I've craved a 5-7 ever since I read about it (and the *fruitcage* awesome P90) in a gun rag ten years ago, and I find this airsoft version to be *fruitcage* insulting. I stand by my judgment! Die, Marushin Five-seveN 6mm Version with blue trades for easy identification!

Lets see I've fixed two of the 4 "problems" almost anyway.

The blue trades are basically gone, got a little blue residue left that I need to scratch out.

And the LD2 ###### has been removed. As soon as I get some gas, I'll test how it shoots but from what I've read removing the LD2 should really improve the accuracy of the gun.

It would be hard to patch a hole, but it would be relatively simple to use slightly longer inner barrel meant for something else and machine the end to fit the Five-seveN chamber.

That 18 round mag is always gonna be the sticking point for me though, Yes there are pistols out there with lower capacity, 10 or 15 rounds, but when you consider that the pistols with 10-15 rounds get 5-9 rounds in real life suddenly it just doesn't seem fair :( .

that hole is fixable in all of 2 seconds

Amazing, how??

Seriously if you hate this gun so much why do you keep commenting.

Can't a honest troll do some innocent forum trolling without getting harassed? You are mean. :(

Not sure HOW you patch the hole, but the link I posted to the SIG P210 suggested accuracy isn't a problem with LD-2 removed.

Cheers

Well it suggested the accuracy was better with the R2D2 removed, sure enough.

But a barrel with a hole in it? Get outta here, forget it! :(

Amazing, how??

Can't a honest troll do some innocent forum trolling without getting harassed? You are mean.  :(

Well it suggested the accuracy was better with the R2D2 removed, sure enough.

But a barrel with a hole in it? Get outta here, forget it!  :(

I'm actually working on grinding down that stupid little nub on the ld2. Won't be a hole or bump after I'm done.

I am unsure about how the 5-7 hop system it self works, but would it be possible to turn remove the LD-2 and turn the barrel upside down? I assume that the normal hop-up would keep the bb rolling along the topside of the barrel, which would pretty much the bypass the LD-2 barrel hole. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But a barrel with a hole in it? Get outta here, forget it!  :(

Most real self-loading rifles have a hole in the barrel. And let's not forget ported handguns and shotguns. I guess I'll just get my coat. ;)

r.ocelot: Then you'd have to reverse the hop-up hole in the base of the barrel as well... Could be easier just to machine a new barrel from an existing one.

-Sale

Ah, this is great - Like Neighbours, every day I come in and there's a new installment ;)

Cheers.

Yeah it's pretty great, isn't it? Though... I'm not sure a comparison with Neighbours can be taken as a compliment. Is that even physically possible? :(

Most real self-loading rifles have a hole in the barrel. And let's not forget ported handguns and shotguns. I guess I'll just get my coat. ;)

No, really? And they also have rifled barrels, keeping the boollets on the right track. As for shotguns, well, they aren't very pin-point accuracte to begin with, are they? Sorry, the wardrobe is holding on to that coat. :blink:

r.ocelot: Then you'd have to reverse the hop-up hole in the base of the barrel as well... Could be easier just to machine a new barrel from an existing one.

-Sale

I'm with you Sauli. . .

so much easier to just use an AEG barrel or GBB barrel from another gun. . file/grind/machine the fitting to mate to the 5-7 hop up. .

wasting time grinding a nub. .you risk damaging the rest of the inner surface of the barrel. .lead to other problems like jamming and bb shredding if you don't debur it right. .

plugging up a hole. . same issue. .what ever material you use to plug up the hole. ..you'll have to consider getting a custom made 6.08 (or whatever) reamer to insure your "plugging" material doesn't interfere with the path of the bb down the barrel.

Archived